pixeltracker

Buckley out again in Dolly- Page 3

Buckley out again in Dolly

binau Profile Photo
binau
#50Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/3/18 at 12:13pm

I guess Broadway is a classic case of you get what you pay for, both in the literal sense given that you aren’t scammed out of your money should the star be out and in terms of quality. The West End can do a good production of an American show though, clearly.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Gizmo6
#51Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/3/18 at 12:29pm

qolbinau said: "I guess Broadway is a classic case of you get what you pay for, both in the literal sense given that you aren’t scammed out of your money should the star be out and in terms of quality. The West End can do a good production of an American show though, clearly."

This is just clearly trolling! 

You paid to see Sunset Boulevard you saw it. Don't be bitter! 

BwayLB
#52Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/3/18 at 12:57pm

^^ Yes

BobBenson Profile Photo
BobBenson
#53Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/3/18 at 5:10pm

adamgreer said: "Jmyachi77 said: "She did the first 2 nights in Orlando."

She did not. And it’s bad form to be missing shows while simultaneously posting photos of your sightseeing around town.

Regardless, Midler missed one scheduled performance. Donna Murphy and Bernadette Peters missed none.Channing’s record speaks for itself. As it was discussed in the other thread, Buckley seems quite sociallyactive in all these places for someone playing a marathon of a role.
"

My friend was riding Splash Mountain the other day and guess who was in the log with them??? None other than Miss Betty Buckley. I think my friend got the picture as a souvenir. They also later saw her eating a turkey leg in the middle of Frontierland.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#54Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/3/18 at 6:12pm

BobBenson said: "adamgreer said: "Jmyachi77 said: "She did the first 2 nights in Orlando."

She did not. And it’s bad form to be missing shows while simultaneously posting photos of your sightseeing around town.

Regardless, Midler missed one scheduled performance. Donna Murphy and Bernadette Peters missed none.Channing’s record speaks for itself. As it was discussed in the other thread, Buckley seems quite sociallyactive in all these places for someone playing a marathon of a role.
"

My friend was riding Splash Mountain the other day and guess who was in the log with them??? None other than Miss Betty Buckley. I think my friend got the picture as a souvenir. They also later saw her eating a turkey leg in the middle of Frontierland. 
"

Was she also eating gravy & dumplings? 

Dollypop
#55Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/3/18 at 11:22pm

Actually she ate beets with the turkey!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Gizmo6
#56Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/4/18 at 12:35pm

How dare a 71 year old not lie down next to the coffin in a habit while she's off for some r&r during a cross country tour. 

How dare she eat a turkey leg in public and not be at deaths door. 

71 year olds aren't like they used to be. 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#57Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/5/18 at 12:11am

She just posted on Instagram that she’s had bronchitis but happy to be returning in Tampa.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq_gS1Zhp_F/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=eirgzjh969mo

bryan2
#58Buckley out again in Dolly
Posted: 12/5/18 at 8:12am

Calling out Betty, who is the consummate performer is nuts...she had severe bronchitis you can still move and type ….but singing nope...so give her a break all you haters...BETTY would never miss a performance for a minor thing. She is a trouper!!  I do understand the disappointment , and yes I do believe a lot of people are going to see the show to see her, but unfortunately this happens

Videos