News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Music Man Cast Recording- Page 3

Music Man Cast Recording

Dollypop
#50Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/26/22 at 1:05pm

CATSNYrevival said: "They just appear to be on a stage and not in a studio, but there are microphones and headsets and they’re both hinting that it was a special day. What else could it be?"

It was National Shipoopi Day

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Rentaholic2
#51Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/26/22 at 1:07pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I think that's the same space the On the Town revival recorded their cast album. Manhattan Center Studios. It's not a traditional recording studio."

I just looked up pictures of Manhattan Center Studios, and I think you're right.  Seems like this is really happening!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#52Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/26/22 at 1:49pm

Rentaholic2 said: "I just looked up pictures of Manhattan Center Studios, and I think you're right. Seems like this is really happening!"

Just waiting for an official announcement now.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#55Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/27/22 at 3:42pm

I will start my cast album thread upon official release date announcement, as per usual. Stay tuned!

L! I! B! E! R! T! Y! New York Liberty!
Updated On: 7/27/22 at 03:42 PM

CATSNYrevival
#56Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/27/22 at 5:05pm

I wonder who will be first to get their album out. Into the Woods or Music Man?

Plexsis
#57Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/27/22 at 5:29pm

I believe Into the Woods is set for September (digital version at least, physical is coming later).  So maybe October for Music Man? 

BETTY22
#58Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/27/22 at 6:29pm

I think I'm going to enjoy this cast album more than I enjoyed the show.

jo
#59Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/27/22 at 8:02pm

It will be interesting to see how some of the musical numbers ( especially the dance-heavy numbers) will translate into a cast recording. Numbers like "Marian the Librarian"?

https://assets.playbill.com/playbill-inside/the-music-man-2-10-2022-5.jpg

Updated On: 7/27/22 at 08:02 PM

CATSNYrevival
#60Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/27/22 at 8:27pm

jo said: "It will be interesting to see how some of the musical numbers ( especially the dance-heavy numbers) will translate into a cast recording. Numbers like "Marian the Librarian"?"

The same way it does on other cast albums! I won’t mind them including as much dance music as they can fit, but if it ends up being an hour long album with all the dance music cut that will be disappointing.

mamaleh2
#61Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/28/22 at 12:57am

Exactly.  I really hope they can fit in all that wonderful dance music. It was such a big part of the show and what set it apart from other productions.

jo
#62Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/28/22 at 9:56am

mamaleh2 said: "Exactly. I really hope they can fit in all that wonderful dance music. It was such a big part of the show and what set it apart from other productions."

It's going to be quite a challenge to capture the infectious and joyous feeling that pervades the live production of this particular revival of The Music Man in a cast recording. It is probably wishful thinking but a filmed version of the production would be so worth the wait!

theblackumbrella
#63Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/28/22 at 12:33pm

I think this has already been mentioned somewhere, but I hope they do what they did with Dolly and use the OBC artwork as inspiration for the revival cover recording: 

Music Man Cast Recording

Dollypop
#64Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 7/28/22 at 8:33pm

Although Max Clayton is a standby, he's posted pictures on IG, where he's part of the recording session

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#66Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 12:18pm

So happy about this!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#67Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 12:40pm

Music and lyrics by Meredith Willson 

*Note: The album will drop at 10 AM instead of midnight*

jacobsnchz14
#68Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 1:09pm

theblackumbrella said: "I think this has already been mentioned somewhere, but I hope they do what they did with Dolly and use the OBC artwork as inspiration for the revival cover recording:

Music Man Cast Recording
"

I did a version of the original Klein illustration, similar to how I did a new Lea Michele/Funny Girl Playbill... :) <3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CixrJSsufBD/

Music Man Cast Recording

Updated On: 9/21/22 at 01:09 PM

flord10
#69Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 1:34pm

10 AM eastern on Friday, or 10 AM Friday in your time zone?

jacobsnchz14
#70Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 1:37pm

flord10 said: "10 AM eastern on Friday, or 10 AM Friday in your time zone?"

I believe 10am ET. 

theblackumbrella
#71Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 1:46pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "theblackumbrella said: "I think this has already been mentioned somewhere, but I hope they do what they did with Dolly and use the OBC artwork as inspiration for the revival cover recording:

Music Man Cast Recording
"

I did a version of the original Klein illustration, similar to how I did a new Lea Michele/Funny Girl Playbill... :) <3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CixrJSsufBD/

Music Man Cast Recording
"

This is BEAUTIFUL! 

CATSNYrevival
#72Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 1:51pm

The press release didn’t come with an album cover and track listing? I can’t find anything.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#73Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 1:52pm

CATSNYrevival said: "The press release didn’t come with an album cover and track listing? I can’t find anything."

Didn’t see anything either - guess we’ll just have to wait for the day of release!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#74Music Man Cast Recording
Posted: 9/21/22 at 3:11pm

Music Man Cast Recording

Videos