pixeltracker

Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical- Page 3

Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#50Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 10/11/23 at 9:59am

Whatever happened to Soap Dish ?

DressedInYourPajamas
#51Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 10/11/23 at 11:42am

Hearing rumblings that this may be having an out of town tryout at the Colonial in Boston next summer

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#52Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 10/11/23 at 2:43pm

Guess I'm going to Boston. 

There's a sequel documentary also on YouTube dealing with the loss of one of their children - if I remember correctly. They're a very fascinating family. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#53Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 1:53pm

It’s happening!  How did the workshop go?

Pictures of workshop

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#54Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 2:32pm

Great series and very interesting but Cheno is so far from being the Jackie character.

I just don't see  noit and as a musical? surprise

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#55Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 4:08pm

I hope they don’t lose the focus of what the original documentary was about. It was not a positive look into the lives of the Siegel’s. It was actively criticizing the wealth they held; They were building a ginormous estate for no reason but to say they could do it, then the 2009 recession happened and they were suddenly living “pay check to pay check,” or whatever the millionaire version of that is. If they make Jackie into some kind of hero, I’ll be worried. Thankfully I trust Michael Arden at the helm to steer them in the right direction.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#56Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 5:12pm

DressedInYourPajamas said: "Hearing rumblings that this may be having an out of town tryout at the Colonial in Boston next summer"

Feels like this one has the legs to go all the way, unlike some of the other projects Chenoweth was developing but lost interest along the way. In addition to workshop presentations they did a meet-and-greet cocktail party with Cheno for investor types. And in a somewhat unusual move, Chenoweth has posted about the workshop on social media.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#57Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 5:16pm

It also helps that the workshop coincided with Stephen Schwartz being back in the spotlight with Wicked’s 20th anniversary. A reminder we haven’t seen new work from him onstage in the US in a very long time. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#58Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 5:46pm

Some of the negative comments here are just classist. Current Broadway success Sweeney Todd is about a serial killer. Nobody seems to mind. Assassins was about... assassins. Were Christine Baranski and Debra Monk "too good" to play Sara Jane Moore?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Globefan
#59Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/4/23 at 5:55pm

Krystina Alabado is in it. She's amazing 

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#60Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/5/23 at 1:27am

We can only hope there's a song about him forcing his employees to vote MAGA.  Just what the country needs another ode to hate brought to you by Ms. Hypocrite.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#61Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 11/5/23 at 4:11am

I’m about halfway through the first documentary. There’s a sense of anxiety and dread that I haven’t felt since discovering Grey Gardens. Hopefully we get a great musical story out of this one, too. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Aik1099
#62Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/17/24 at 4:23pm

Any update on if this is still planning an out of town in Boston for this summer?

Voter
#63Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/17/24 at 4:30pm

Aik1099 said: "Any update on if this is still planning an out of town in Boston for this summer?"

What are the dates for the Boston out of town tryout. Tried googling it and couldn’t find anything 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#64Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/17/24 at 4:39pm

Voter said: "What are the dates for the Boston out of town tryout. Tried googling it and couldn’t find anything"

There was a rumor back in October that a Boston tryout at the Colonial was happening in Summer 2024, but there's been no official word.

BETTY22
#65Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/20/24 at 10:38am

Does anyone have details. I'm excited about seeing Kristin return to theatre. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#66Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/20/24 at 11:32am

I have heard a summer Boston tryout is still moving forward with plans for a transfer. Offers have gone out, at least to those who were involved in the most recent workshop. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Voter
#67Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/20/24 at 12:56pm

Looking at the Colonial website right now and there no are currently scheduled events after May 11. Maybe performances will start late June*?

*Tonys are June 16. So maybe they start their run shortly after that awards ceremony?

Are there any cast members in Versailles in shows that are part of this awards season?

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#68Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 1/20/24 at 1:33pm

Another development session in June. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Videos