pixeltracker

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews- Page 3

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#50PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 10/30/23 at 7:00pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Finally caught this last night. I loved so much of it, but not Leslie Odom Jr.'s performance, sadly.

I found his diction to be atrocious. Truly, he was speaking PARAGRAPHS of dialogue and I could not tell you what a single line was. Made the first 20 minutes extremely hard to follow.

Thankfully, the stupendous (as always) Kara Young delivered on every level. As did all the supporting players.

I would've loved someone else to lead the company as it felt like Leslie never quite reached the level of excellence onstage around him.
"

I felt this way about all of them. Between the accents, the speed and the shouting, I was straining to understand them most of the time. Surprised this got such great reviews. It was okay.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#51PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 11/3/23 at 1:18pm

Anyone know price points for BCEFA collections at Purlie? I know they're collecting. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#52PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 11/3/23 at 4:32pm

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Anyone know price points for BCEFA collections at Purlie? I know they're collecting."

$60 for Playbill. $100 for poster.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#53PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 11/17/23 at 1:18pm

For those interested or curious, Willa Bost will be on for Vanessa Bell Calloway (Idella) all next week - Tuesday 11/21 - Sunday 11/26.

Also, their next Victorious Thursday Talkback will be Thursday 11/30, with Kenny Leon as the guest moderator 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

GF21
#54PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 12/2/23 at 9:44am

We went last night and loved the show. When we arrived and had our ticket scanned I was told that our tickets had been reprinted and I should go to the box office. We were bumped up a few rows, from Orch O to K, because there was a camera in row O. After the show LO told the audience that the performance was being recorded for the Lincoln Center Archives.

BroadwayGirlie2
#55PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 12/8/23 at 11:19am

Hillary Clinton was at the show last Wednesday and posted about it on her Instagram this week. She sees a lot of theater and is taking on a producing role this season - It’s great to see her getting so involved in Broadway. Would love to see more political figures promoting/supporting the arts. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0hMVTJRJ7a/?img_index=1

I know they have a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt outside the Music Box… Who would have thought First Ladies would become modern theater influencers?

Just a small town girl, livin' in a Broadway world

berniesb!tch
#56PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 12/8/23 at 11:28am

I saw the show last week with a friend. I didn't care for it very much. Great performances across the board especially Kara Young, but I just did't find the play that funny. I also thought some of the slapstick and staging looked really wonky, but that may have been my seat since I was so close due to rushing.

I understand how this play was groundbreaking and is important, but it's not one I would choose to see again personally. 

BorisTomashevsky
#57PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 12/21/23 at 9:37pm

They’ve got Amber Ardolino filming an Instagram commercial for this show. I guess they figure she’s a direct route to younger audience ticket sales.

I wonder how much they paid her for that. 

Fordham2015
#58PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 1/28/24 at 7:48pm

I was at today's matinee. Leslie Odom Jr is the name above the title, but Kara Young and Jay O Sanders are the real stars of the show

KevinKlawitter
#59PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
Posted: 2/4/24 at 9:35pm

Final curtain call

Updated On: 2/4/24 at 09:35 PM

Latest Posts

Videos