pixeltracker

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 2:22pm

Johnny O claims a remount of the 2022 Tony winner for Best Play will be replacing Camelot at the Beaumont:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/11/lehman-trilogy-planning-to-return-to-broadway-this-fall/

Oh look, a bibu!

ElephantLoveMedley
#2THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 2:45pm

Yes, please. This show was one of the best I've ever seen on Broadway.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#3THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 2:56pm

This production is also supposed to be at ACT in San Francisco next Spring too. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to get it into other venues too. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#4THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 2:57pm

Interesting. I feel like in the west end shows close and re-open next summer or season etc. all the time but it's quite rare on broadway. I never understand why - like anything I assume economics. So interesting to see it happen here. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 2:58pm

I missed this the first go round, so I’m thrilled I will now have a chance to see this!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#6THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 2:59pm

I'd love to see it again on the bigger stage, and this quietly did better than expected at the Nederlander despite the bad months of the pandemic.

If not the original Broadway/West End trio, I think they'd need 3 great thespians. London currently has Michael Balogun, Hadley Fraser, and Nigel Lindsay, which isn't anywhere near the event of Beale/Lester/Godley.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#7THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 3:02pm

Beale was the standout and very deserving of his Tony, but all three of them were brilliant. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/11/23 at 5:33pm

I saw it on tour in LA and truly did not understand the hype. The graphics/projections felt cheesy and very Microsoft. The big laughs were when one of the guys plays a lady - which felt a little dated comedy wise. I just didn't get why it was such an event. But hey, go for it. It's playing the smaller venue here in Chicago on tour as well.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#9THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:47am

What is the running time for the show? I was thinking over 3 hours. I wish they would have brought back The Inheritance. Andrew could have moved from one project to another! I am glad the kind folks at the Beaumont will have work in the fall.

PipingHotPiccolo
#10THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 8:05am

jkcohen626 said: "Beale was the standout and very deserving of his Tony, but all three of them were brilliant."

Beale was other worldly but all three were phenomenal. That said, i selfishly would love to see a new cast!

Interesting they think they can fill the Beaumont with a re-boot, but certainly was one of the most successful critically acclaimed productions of recent memory--and without any celebrity turns to propel it fwd, a rare treat.

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#11THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 10:58am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Johnny O claims a remount of the 2022 Tony winner for Best Play will be replacingCamelotat the Beaumont:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/11/lehman-trilogy-planning-to-return-to-broadway-this-fall/
"

Could Adam Godley leave OUAOMT for this?

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

GoodThingGoing3
#12THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 11:33am

Loved the show in NYC and entirely agree with the sentiments regarding the strength of the cast. They are hard to beat. HOWEVER, I recently saw the production at the Huntington in Boston and Steven Skybell's performance as Henry Lehman was absolutely exceptional. It will stay with me for quite some time. If they are recasting I'd love to see him in the mix.

trpguyy
#13THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 11:47am

Voter said: "Could Adam Godley leave OUAOMT for this?"

He may not have to leave if their grosses continue as they are. 
However, with Beale and Lester engaged in other projects (TV shows, I believe), I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an entirely new trio. 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#14THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 11:56am

Feels like it's a stop on the West Coast tour, no?

rubytuesday Profile Photo
rubytuesday
#15THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 1:27pm

Not only am i happy to hear this and will look forward to seeing it again, I think it's a good fit.

bwayjulia
#16THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:51pm

I loved this show and would be excited to see it again, depending on the cast.  Simon Russell Beale leaves some big shoes to fill, though!

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#17THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:09pm

I hope they can get the original guys back to Broadway. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#18THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/15/23 at 1:06pm

Any word on this?

two ladies tickets
#19THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/15/23 at 1:23pm

Things have been very quiet since the initial unofficial announcement, which was basically a gossip column post. There is no mention of this on the LCT website. Assuming this is the Sam Mendes production, and assuming they are going to use the cast from the most recent West End mounting that closed a couple months ago, they would probably only need a few weeks of rehearsal/tech in New York but if they are going to start performances at the end of September or beginning of October one would think that tickets would go on sale soon. There has been no casting notice posted for understudies, supernumeraries etc. 

The production that recently played at the Huntington, which was an independent production, not the Sam Mendes production, was excellent, and made some very cool choices regarding acting and design. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#20THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/15/23 at 1:25pm

There's a tour stop here in Chicago for it this fall. 

two ladies tickets
#21THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/15/23 at 1:33pm

The Chicago production that begins performances in a month is not a tour stop. It's an independent production. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#22THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 9:11pm

Broadway Flash said: "I hope they can get the original guys back to Broadway."

Well, Adam Godley should be available since that "One More Time...' ends next week. His ability to twist into a deathly heap on the table was just one of his incredible moments.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#23THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 9:39pm

two ladies tickets said: "The Chicago production that begins performances in a month is not a tour stop. It's an independent production."

The Denver Center Theater Company is also doing it this season.

Just give the world Love.

MatthewS1
#24THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 10:15pm

uncageg said: "two ladies tickets said: "The Chicago production that begins performances in a month is not a tour stop. It's an independent production."

The Denver Center Theater Company is also doing it this season.
"

So is The Rep in St. Louis. Performances start next week.

ardiem
#25THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 11:12pm

JayElle said: "Broadway Flash said: "I hope they can get the original guys back to Broadway."

Well, Adam Godley should be available since that "One More Time...' ends next week. His ability to twist into a deathly heap on the table was just one of his incredible moments.
"

It's funny you mentioned this! As I was watching OUAOMT, I kept thinking to myself how unusual it was to find Godley here fresh off of his brilliant work in The Lehman Trilogy. I wasn't aware of his personal connection to the show until later.