News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?- Page 3

What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#50re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/29/04 at 4:57pm

johnpopa - you didn't happen to do that at Buck's County Playhouse, didja? (that would explain a lot)...LOL....

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

#51re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/29/04 at 5:12pm

I have to say I loved being Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream...'twas great, and I'm the only female Puck I've ever seen.

Gatesy2 Profile Photo
Gatesy2
#52re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/29/04 at 5:42pm

Best role I have ever performed was Amos Hart in "Chicago". My favorite role I have ever done was in the world premiere performance of "Round O and Crooked S" which is a moderation of the book "The Professor and the Madman". I played a sadistic, gay doctor who abused his patients sexually in an insane asylum. The role was great because I REALLY had to act to play that part

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#53re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/29/04 at 7:13pm

hmmmmmm ill narrow it down to 2

molly in 'annie'
eponine in 'les mis'

and this wasnt a real show like in front of an audience but i was cast as mimi in 'rent'- im usually quite shy so it was kinda cool to sing 'out tonight' ... it was the most challenging for me

and at the moment 'rent' is my favorite show though i have yet to see it on broadway ive only seen the touring company

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#54re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/29/04 at 7:14pm

I too have only seen RENT on tour, and I love RENT with my whole existance.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#55re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/29/04 at 10:04pm

My favorite roles have definitely been Little Red in Into the Woods and Ursula Merkle in Bye Bye Birdie (twice). Also, I think Pepper in Annie because it was my dream role when I was ten and I finally got to play it when I was 18. A little old, but I'm a midget so it all works out. It meant a lot because even 18 was pushing it to be playing a 12 year old (and it was a pro theater, so that is RARE haha) so it kinda felt like my last opportunity to be playing the part and it meant a lot.

My favorite musical that I've done would have to beeee...Nine, maybe, although I was one of the smaller roles (Guilietta, one of the Italians) and being onstage the entire first act was a killer, so it wasn't my favorite show to be in but I just LOOOOVE that musical.

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#56re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 2:54am

here are my favorites:

Role in a Play- Bottom in "Midsummer Night's Dream"- what a fun part!!

Role in a Good Musical- Cain in "Children of Eden"

Role in a Bad Musical- The Orphan in the california premiere of Jones and Schmidt's revised "Celebration"- there's nothing like playing a fun role in a horrible show to an audience of 12 to harden you as a performer. if you don't know the show, it's featured in "Not Since Carrie".

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

Updated On: 7/30/04 at 02:54 AM

JailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
#57re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 9:04am

It's a tossup...either Daniel in Once On This Island (Yes, I know I'm white...so was the rest of the cast, but, hey, it was Pennsylvania. *shrug*) or Marius in Les Miz. Cheesy? Yes. Fun to sing? You betcha!

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

#58re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:59pm

My favorite part would have to be Rose in Gypsy. lol my first lead I loved it. Of course it was in a theatre school but it was sooo much fun! 6 songs cha ching!

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#59re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:12pm

My favorite role I played was Alan in Equus. I might add I did this a long time ago. Not only is the play incredible, the role challenging and rewarding, but my dance card became quite full during the run. Ah, the perks of theatre.

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#60re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:30pm

Not Buck's County, Canton, Ohio.

Opening night there were a lot of wide-eyed board members ... It was funny how much they relaxed once it sold out and the rave reviews were printed.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#61re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 9:13pm

Cinderella. I was the Prince and if I may say so myself, I kicked ASS! Sorry. LOL

M J R Profile Photo
M J R
#62re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 9:25pm

Have been lucky enough to play roles in two Jason Robert Brown shows - Britt Craig (the reporter) in Parade and Man 2 in Songs for a New World. Those two, with Floyd Collins remain my three favs.

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man" - Tears for Fears

Videos