News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)- Page 3

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#50re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:57pm

Say it with me people "BACKLASH"! moo with me.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#51re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:59pm

How did a little 10 year old girl tap the 6'8" Menzel on the shoulder in the first place?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#52re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:01pm

i was always taught to leave my personal baggage at home and not bring it into the theatre (in this case the stage door, but i think it counts) and if she can't handle the pressures of being a broadway star, maybe she ought not to sign the contract and take the job--you just have to grin and bear it, it's part of the life...

timote316
#53re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:02pm

Idina isn't 6'8"... Just had to nitpick lol

She was on her way into work, you can't really blame her. Maybe she was in the "Elphie Zone". Yeah, I know, lame. I don't know how to explain it, maybe Yoga gets her prepared and 'in the zone' to perform. I don't know lol. She could've said hi, at least.

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#54re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:03pm

Ok..Had to post....

Leave the woman alone! No one knows what she had to do previously to the show. She might have had to do 2 or 3 interviews before the show. Some of them starting at 5 or 6 in the morning. Someone said she is getting paid a ridiculous amount of money. Keep in mind, there is a life after Wicked and perhaps it might be a year or 10 before she gets another gig! She has earned that ridiculous salary!!! Give the woman a break, she is bombarded with fans constantly at the stage door. Contact the producing managment of the show. They will forward mail to her. I am sure she didnt mean anything by it when she didnt sign an autograph. It really ISNT part of her job. Her JOB is on that stage...thats it! When she is off-stage she is a regular person just like everyone else.

"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"

LadyGuenevere
#55re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:03pm

Maybe she's just a b*tch.

Maybe she's nice.

It happens. We should get on with our lives.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#56re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:06pm

i'll agree to disagree, but would you react the same way to an off-duty police officer who refused to help someone or a teacher who refused to help a student after hours? just something to think about....and those people make ALOT less than Idina or anyone else starring in a Bway show...

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#57re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:06pm

I can't believe someone had to clarify that she's not 6'8".

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#58re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:07pm

Maybe this entire story is fabricated and maybe you're all feeding into and maybe it's a common case of "shaudenfraude" and maybe, since none of us were there, we should leave it alone. It never happened!

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#59re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:09pm

al dente, i think the larger question here is that of a performer's obligations to the fans and audiences...whether or not the story is true is almost immaterial....i think

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#60re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

Okay, whether or not the person is telling the truth, I guarantee you instances like this probably have happened before with a lot of actors/actresses. Who said that everyone in this world has to be polite? Come on, tell me you guys haven't been rude in your lifetime.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#61re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

My thoery:
After a year of leaving the show and having to watch Christine get mobbed by the autograph hounds, Edna probably feels a bit hurt. I mean it wasn't until the bobblehead left the show that people started asking for her to sign stuff. She was probably happy when she left at first, but now it's like, "Crap, where is that little witch? No one wanted me before, but now that she is gone they will all 'settle' for me. Well, tough luck, little girl, I ain't gonna do it!" Can't really blame her, can you?

PEACE.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#62re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:13pm

Marry me Sueleen! Christine and Edna are so awesome and amazing and no two others will ever have that chemistry. do you think they really like eachother, i mean like, in real life?

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#63re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:14pm

Also, there are alot of wierdos out there. You can never tell who are really fans and who are stalkers. Deborah Gibson had a couple of stalkers and had to have a bodyguard with us on tour. It was awful for her.

We will never know what was or is going on in Idina's head. Im sure she has her reasons.

"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#64re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:15pm

yeah, millie, i've been rude, but i've never been in a Broadway show either--i think it would take me a VERY long time to tire of the people who pay to see me and can't to meet me...call me crazy, you wouldn't be the first!

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#65re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:15pm

About her height, DeeDee is 5'4. I'm 5'4, and when I stood next to her, we were the same height. That was super exciting. That was the day I asked her to come to my grandmothers birthday party. She said no because she had to go to yoga. But I think she wanted to.

I think she must have like a rare disorder where her height fluctuates, to have been 6’4.. Wouldn’t you say?

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

millie_dillmount
#66re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:16pm

Yeah, most of us on here have been rude in our lives at some points, but an actor has to be a perfect angel just because they are on Broadway?

Let's say this 10 year old girl walked up to a random person on the street, asking for the time, and the person just walked away while she cried? Would the rest of the world care? No.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 04:16 PM

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#67re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:18pm

but an actor has to be a perfect angel just because they are on Broadway.

Why??

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#68re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:19pm

i didn't say that either millie--you deal in such absolutes--no, not a perfect angel, but common courtesy is all i would ask of anyone...

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#69re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:20pm

We'll all I know is that I'm 6/1 and Idina leaned down and kissed my forehead. She said some kind of a Catholic chant and the next day my mole was gone.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

LadyGuenevere
#70re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

Wait, notsovirginmary, you asked Idina to a birthday party?

millie_dillmount
#71re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

I was asking that in a form of a question:

"Yeah, most of us on here have been rude in our lives at some points, but an actor has to be a perfect angel just because they are on Broadway?"

I didn't say that had to be a perfect angel, I was questioning the idea, because they shouldn't have to be one all the time.

lildogs: Reread what I said...it was a question, not an actual statement. I am not against what you said.

Updated On: 8/26/04 at 04:20 PM

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#72re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:22pm

if the kid had just paid the stranger $100, i think he could give her the time...

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#73re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:22pm

Thanks for the clarification. :)

millie_dillmount
#74re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:24pm

Your welcome. Sorry about any confusion. I don't think I am going to make any more contributions to this thread. re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th) Happy debating.

Videos