pixeltracker

Aida----I just got home from the final show- Page 3

Aida----I just got home from the final show

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#50re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 9:42pm

Bump.

What is going on?!? It's like, almost 4 hours since the end of the show and NO detailed reviews yet? It's killing me!

- Here in Vancouver, playing the AIDA OBC recording and wearing black,
Type_A_Tiff

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

insomniak
#51re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 9:46pm

And the sad thing is, I've been online a great deal of those four hours... about half or more.

Where are you guys?! I know it's emotional and all, but come on!

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#52re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:15pm

Thanks, Undiscovered. I was beginning to think I was at another show when I read that Adam "hit" the note. I saw John Hickok, Grahaem Malcolm, Jeremy Kushnier, Merle Dandridge and I think I'm forgetting a couple.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

UDJAT Profile Photo
UDJAT
#53re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:18pm

Hello everyone, I was at the show this afternoon as well. No, there was no big hoopla about the show closing but the performance of everyone was totally over the top, including the musicians. Everyone gave 150% this afternoon.

Of course, I love me some Deborah. She did an OUTSTANDING job. Of course she proved once and for all that she is a SUPERSTAR! She was absolutely phenomenal. The saddest part of the show was knowing I will never hear Deborah sing The Dance of The Robe, or The Gods Love Nubia, or EASY AS LIVE, or It's Written in the Stars.

Now everyone else. I always liked Adam, I never loved him but I did like him. I have to admit he sounded really good tonight. He didn't sound as 'raspy' has he normally does; although I like his 'raspy'ness.

luvWICKED416 Lisa was really GREAT as well. I always love her performance. If it wasn't for her and her character I would cry though the entire show.

I really don't understand why people don't like Micky. He's the only guy I've seen play Zoser so it's hard for me to compare him to anyone else. All I'm saying is that his voice sounded ok, just not horrible.

Eric did a great job as Mereb as well although I think he over did it at times. It was like he said, it's the last show and I'm going out with a BANG! He was better than the last time I saw him.

From my understand a lot of previous cast members were there. None which I recognized. I scanned the audience for Heather and even asked around to see if anyone knew if she planned to be there. From what I can see, she wasn't there although I hoped she would be. I wasn't surprised that she wasn't.

After the show everyone came out to sign autographs. It was nice to see the entire cast. The crowd outside was incredible. I love being around other people that love AIDA. re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

Quick shout out to CRP2000 and the new friend we made.

and damn!!! What time did people get in line for the student rush tickets???? Updated On: 9/5/04 at 11:18 PM

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#54re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:20pm

Thanks for the comments about the show

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#55re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:24pm

re: Aida----I just got home from the final show I knew someone would do it undiscovered, but next time I'll let you do it, deal?

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#56re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:24pm

Undiscovered, me? If so, sorry! re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#57re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:35pm

I have to say one thing:

Deborah kicked some serious a** tonight! She was a real SUPERSTAR. Her EL Reprise was amazing. I know I critisized her in the past but she was FANTASTIC tonight.

UDJAT, people got in line for the student rush at about 10pm last night re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#58re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 1:28am

I will just add that the performance today was absolutely amazing! I loved it, and was so glad to be there for the final performance of a great show!

OK, I'll mention it here since I read it here....sorry if it's on another thread, haven't gotten to those yet. Anyways, I was sititng in the balcony. I swear Heather was in the third box down on the left of the balcony level! Can anyone confirm/deny my sighting?

javero Profile Photo
javero
#59re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 1:40am

I'll post my detailed review later because I just got back to MD and am beat. It was my 3rd time seeing AIDA with Deborah, Lisa, Mickey, Eric, Will, Cheyenne, and finally Adam. I nearly missed the show because I missed my scheduled departing train out of the Washington's Union Station. Luckily I arrived 11 minutes into Act 1 with Mickey plodding through Another Pyramid. There was enough energy in the Palace to split an atom.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#60re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 1:49am

I was at the show today too. It was a good show... other than the man sitting next to me who decided to sing/hum along to like the entire show, I enjoyed myself (for my 25th and last time seeing the show on broadway... at least for now).

The flashes at the end were so distracting. It pulled Adam right out of the moment in the tomb and it took away all of the emotion for me. Adam was soooooo pissed and so was I. I expected pictures being taken everywhere else but this is the most emotional scene in the show and the actors even had a hard time staying in character. aarrgghh!

Everyone was very good though (except Mickey Dolenz... eck!). Standing ovations after Dance of the Robe and The Gods Love Nubia. I was kinda upset that Heather wasn't there (as far as I could see), but I guess I wasn't surprised (even though I love her and she will always be Aida to me). I saw Jeremy Kushnier (tour Radames) and Maya Days (broadway Aida) among others who I recognized but could not put a name to the face. I was sitting in the same row as Paul Bogaev (who did the music arrangements and orchestrations). It was great to see him there since he was always so nice to us when he was conducting (earlier on in the bway run).

I also agree that everyone was up there giving it their all but it did not to me have the emotion of a closing show. I wanted to cry. This was my favorite show on broadway, but the emotion just wasn't there... I don't know. Well, it's sad to see it go, but AIDA will live on forever in my memories.

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

silent
#61re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 1:56am

I'm going to resist the urge to say anything nasty about Miss Simone. I never saw her in the show but I know she was there today and threw some shade Deborah's way. Anyways, I had a great time at today's show. Deb gave 110% and her performance was awesome. Much props to the entire cast.

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#62re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 7:27am

TMZ814... what about Lisa!?

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#63re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 12:11pm

Lisa was awesome as usual. She was dead on, got all the laughs and was very emotional at the end. She really takes you on a journey with her character. It;s a beautiful thing to watch.

But it was sad to see the show go out without a real bang. I mean it was a good show, but no adlibs, no riffs, no nothing. Just your normal everyday AIDA. It was like I was watching the same exact show I saw on Wednesday or last week. I thought it would've been different, but... oh well!

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#64re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 12:19pm

that kinda sucks that there weren't any geat closing show adlibs. But then again, there isn't very much opportunity for them.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#65re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:29pm

I'm really going to miss Aida. I only saw it once and that was last week. It's a shame that such a good show like this has to close so early.

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

Videos