News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

For those of you who DO like POTO movie- Page 3

For those of you who DO like POTO movie

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#50re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 2:09am

OK... i like the POTO movie because i think it was designed to appeal to the masses, and not specificly broadway fans. From waht i have gathered from my readings thus far, it was NOT intended to be a broadway show on film. Just a movie... and I think they made a very entertaining one at that.

Although some elements are bizzare (eg. the rave dancer and random horse that lives under the theatre) IT IS NOT REAL! lol! its a movie. if those slight breaks of reality were unrealistic enough to cause an uproar, then can someone please tell me WHY THEY WERE SINGING THE WHOLE TIME? WHO DOES THAT??? re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie (of course i am kidding... but you get my point!)

I liked it for what it was. A movie. Updated On: 1/11/05 at 02:09 AM

MsNina
#51re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 2:26am

and now an award winning movie. emmy rossum won a critics choice award tonight. and let me tell you, her dress was fab.

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#52re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 5:01pm

It's so nice to hear that there are other people out there who have also seen this film as many times as I.

:)

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

belterboi Profile Photo
belterboi
#53re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 5:08pm

Minnie Driver...amazing, lol
Loved her....Emily looked goregous the entire movie...the costumes were beautiful and Gerald....yummy! hehehehe

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#54re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 5:09pm

!!!!!!!

it's EMMY!

::bust a move::

broadwayguy2
#55re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 5:15pm

uuuhhhh oohhhhh.... Zepka's gonna beat someone down....

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#56re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 5:17pm

::breathe::

im calm re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie

jk

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#57re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 6:06pm

the word is immensely

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

Angel of Music3 Profile Photo
Angel of Music3
#58re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 6:18pm

I've seen the movie twice and think it's one of the best movie adaptions of anything I've seen.

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#59re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 6:22pm

The whole horse thing in the theatre I think is a tribute to the book because there is a stable and the Phantom steals one of the horses and that would be where that comes from.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#60re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 6:22pm

when in the movie does Emmy whisper "I love you" to Raoul? During PONR?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#61re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 6:38pm

omg, Im so proud, you didnt let your love die in..a night! lol!!

URGH i truend off teh tV ONCE the ctirics choice awards turned on, later did i find out that she was nominated and WON!

do you know where i can find pictures?

mywonderwa11- it was supposedly right before she sings to the phantom and kisses him
but i still didnt see it after 6 times
i guess i just wasnt looking

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#62re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 7:14pm

Yeah, I haven't noticed that either. (the i love you thing)

Oh damn! Looks like i'll have to see it again! :P

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#63re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 9:45pm

ha, not a bad thing at all...

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Kicks8567
#64re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 9:49pm

I loved the movie. Have seen it twice and plan to return at least one more time. The movie did so much mroe for em than the stage production because it is so visually appealing. I think MInnie Driver is hilarious and Patrick Wilson was great as Raoul. I liked Gerard as the phantom and loved Emmy as Christine. She did an amazing job especially considering that she is seventeen.

Allie
#65re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:01pm

I'm joining in on the movie love! I've never seen the show on stage, so I have nothing to compare it to visually, but I thought it was incredible. The whole thing was beautiful! Sets, costumes... The actors did a great job as well.

Has anyone read this yet? It's absolutely hilarious. Check it out.
Phantom of the Opera in Fifteen Minutes

#66re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:15pm

I will be seeing it again in the theatre.

I have to add that because I didn't have a strong affinity for the stage version, I didn't go with any expectations. I went for curiousity. What I found was a well made film, true to it's subject and style.

An accessible opera on film.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#67re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:26pm

PEOPLE! I NEED YOUR HELP PLEEEAASE!!
Gerard is on JAy Leno tonight, whoever is watching it, please tell me everything!!!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#68re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 12:05am

OH MY GOD!!! THAT LINK WAS HYSTERICAL!!!! i seriously couldn't stop laughing!!!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#69re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 12:14am

yeah that was freakin hilarious

ahh gave me a good laugh

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#70re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 1:17am

Okay, just saw it for the 5th time this afternoon(I always manage to have a friend who wants to see it...or you know a friend who I have to convince to see it. Okay, there's nothing else to do in my town! Haha) Anywayz, I really love it. I mean, I love the music to the show and gotta agree with Sally, love Gerard Butler. I honestly can't wait for the DVD to come out and to watch the movie more times but you know particularly the title song, Music of the Night, and Point of No Return. I also really don't mind his singing, I think it's an acquired taste. I think he really does great parts, like on the last bit in the lair and just for one example, right before Christine pulls off his mask where he says "Anywhere you're going let me go too." I don't know I can't sing at all so maybe I'm not the best judge but I just liked the power of it.

I think Emmy's singing while not that of an older, more mature opera singer fits the character great as she is supposed to be young and her voice should be not completely developed, it's a beautiful sound though.

Okay, so that's a couple quick thoughts. Anywayz, since I've kinda gotten obsessed with this movie, I've been keeping track of appearances watching Emmy on the Tonight Show and the Late, Late Show, Patrick on a couple of things, and Gerard tonight on Tongiht Show but most of these clips are rather short and hardly discuss the movie. I was driving with family on Christmas Eve when the cast was on the view, I would have loved to see that. would anyone happen to have it on tape by chance or at least let me know if it's more worth it to try to acquire a tape, I'd really love to see the whole cast interviewed together. Thanks.

~Amanda~

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

beacon1
#71re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 8:13am

POTO in 15 minutes is a hoot. What a scream. I want to read other stuff like that. It has to be so funny.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

kec Profile Photo
kec
#72re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 9:13am

"when in the movie does Emmy whisper "I love you" to Raoul? During PONR? "

No. It's during the final lair scene. The Phantom has just told her "you try my patience. Make your choice!!" She looks at Raoul, mouthes the words, "I love you" to him, then turns back to the Phantom and starts to sing "Pitiful creature of darkness..."

For the record... I've seen the film five times.

For Sally and anyone else who missed Gerard Butler on the Tonight Show: check out the link below to GerardButler.net. They have a link to a video clip of GB's part of the program

Gerard Butler Fansite Updated On: 1/12/05 at 09:13 AM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#73re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 9:20am

O THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

amen bout Gerard wickedrentq

Allie
#74re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/12/05 at 12:53pm

I just watched the clip. His father's Canadian, yay! I wish there was more than just one segment for his interview, though. I missed Emmy Rossum when she was on last week. Does anybody know if there are any clips of that online?

Haha, I love the Movies in Fifteen Minutes! She also wrote a Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban parody, and a few others.

Videos