pixeltracker

Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??- Page 3

Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??

ReNtHeAd04
#50re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/8/05 at 10:27am

RENT!!! i'm a renthead so of course gotta stay true. However, I am looking forward to the producers as well.. and my jai will be in the producers movie.. so thats always an added bonus re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#51re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/8/05 at 4:44pm

RENT, no doubt!! i am so excited to see (most of) the OBC do it as well as just seeing all of them on the big screen! although, don't get me wrong, i'll be all over the producers movie as well.

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#52re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/8/05 at 5:18pm

Now don't get me wrong, I am most certainly looking forward to seeing the Rent film, but I think The Producers might be better as a film. Mel Brooks really knows what he's doing when it comes to films and I LOVE his other ones. Obviously, with much of the original cast in tact, Rent will probably be great, but I'm just a tad worried it won't transfer well. *worry worry worry*

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#53re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/8/05 at 5:21pm

Not really excited about either one. But more so for the Producers than rent.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#54re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:53pm

Well I just recently began to like Rent (laughing in the backround) I can't wait to see it especially because Rapp, Pascal, Diggs, and Menzel are starring in it but the Producers was incredible, I saw it with the OBC and the fact Will Ferrel is hysterical and will be great but then again I don't know bout Uma thurman playing Ulla, that's weird cuz I never knew she sang at all, so as of now I can't wait for Rent.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#55re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 4:00pm

The Producers. I trust Mel Brooks and Susan Stroman not to screw it up. I adore Rent, but I'm worried about the movie. I really hope it's good.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#57re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:58pm

I agree theatreboy, I am sort of worried about Uma Thurman. I hope that they made the right decision with that casting... but I didn't like the idea of Nicole Kidman either. I guess we'll see.

But I can't wait for Rent, but I will definitely be seeing the Producers... but I'll be listening to the music first, just to check it all out.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Updated On: 3/9/05 at 09:58 PM

Theatreboy49
#58re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:01pm

not to be rude, but it was I who said about Uma Thurman. And I agree, Nicole would have screwed it up but at least we know she can sing. I had no idea Uma could so we'll wait and see.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#59re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:22pm

I apologize... I have made the correction.

while I agree with you, Nicole Kidman has a decent voice... I don't really think she is good. I wouldn't have liked her in the Producers, but I would have liked her much better than Uma Thurman. I wonder if they just chose some random actress... because it seems that way to me

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing

Theatreboy49
#60re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:25pm

I agree, I honestly don't see why Mel didnt just ask Cady Huffman to do it. She won a tony for the role and they used the rest of the OBC except Oscar cuz he plays Max currently. She was incredible and I saw her 3 times and she got better each time so I think they were just in trouble and picked Thurman.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#61re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:27pm

EXACTLY how I feel theatreboy. I dont' understand why they didn't pick her. She was obviously brilliant as the role, and I think they were stupid in choosing Uma. I'm sure she would have been willing to do it, and I will be sitting there watching the movie and wondering why they didn't choose Cady.

Theatreboy49
#62re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:37pm

Well then again I dont think Mel is gonna kill it so he must have faith to cast her.

Fizz
#63re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:39pm

RENT has and always will have a special place in my heart- it impacted me so much that I'm anticipating it more than the Producers, even though I'm really excited about that, too...

*skips off singing a mix of Take Me Or Leave Me and Springtime for Hitler*

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#64re: Rent or The Producers? Which Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To??
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:39pm

RENT for two reasons:

1) when i first became a little "renthead" back in 1998 when i saw the footage it clicked in my tiny mind a rent movie would be awesome.

2) "Producers" the original move=perfection. Why mess with it?

Videos