paradox_error
#50most superfluous character
Posted: 4/16/05 at 4:17pm

There's a plot?!?!?!?!

Yonah Profile Photo
Yonah
#51most superfluous character
Posted: 4/16/05 at 4:30pm

Nadja and Zsa-Zsa in Dance Of The Vampires. You see, there's a reason they weren't in the original version. They don't do anything but provide pretty harmony during Angel's Arise. Without the song, there's no reason in the world for the characters.

Yonah

http://chianaq.conforums3.com/index.cgi - forum for Dracula: The Musical, Tanz Der Vampire, Elisabeth, POTO, Rocky Horror, Jekyll & Hyde, Wicked, Bat Boy, general theatre, and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicals

#52most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 2:13am

I have to agree on the Eugene thing, I played Eugene and although I was very happy that I was casted out of the very talented people in the company, I was constantlt thinking-- this is just stupid. The entire opening speech is pointless too, I mean who cares (I sort of added in little things to make it funny like a high pitched giggle and very practiced hand motions) if its a flashback? So, I think that he is one of the most superfluous characters.

littleredridinghood Profile Photo
littleredridinghood
#53most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 2:16am

Colette in La Cage. If I remember correctly, she like walks by, and someone says "hi" to her. She might be in the show later on, but I didn't notice.

tagiunagi
#54most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 3:19am

Gregory & Joanna's parts in DRS. Gregory is there to showcase his horrendous French accent & Joanna (though a fab actress) is there to model all of those heinous costumes. Neither furthers the plot.

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#55most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 2:34pm

There are NO superfluous parts only superfluous actors. Literally!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#56most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 3:09pm

The only waste of a Charecter in DRS is Jolene ... i love her to death but honestly all she does is add another excuse for Lawrence and Freddy to bicker.....

*forgive me Sara Gettlefinger i love you interpretation though*

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#57most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 4:29pm

The award really has to go to Sarah's Friend in RAGTIME. It's like, "Why is this person singing all of the sudden?"

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#58most superfluous character
Posted: 6/20/05 at 4:38pm

Sidney Falco's wife, Rita, from Sweet Smell of Success. Her song "Rita's Tune" also seemed so out of place in the show.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Videos