Ha ha ha...
http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/whoswho/biography/15271

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#51re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 8:38pm

bump!

i just read David Zippel's bio in the Woman and White playbill. It's a bit long, but this particular part made me laugh:

"A graduate of Harvard Law School, he is delighted not to practice law."

hehe.

DramaDork925
#52re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 9:01pm

Those are hysterical! There is this one guy who performs in a lot of shows at a local theatre who has the most cryptic bios... If I saved any I'd post one. A favorite of mine was when I was in a school play in middle school and a kid who had no experience writing bios wrote "Matt is happy to be in School House Rock. Matt has 2 Brothers. Matt likes pie. Matt hopes you enjoy the show."

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

kate2
#53re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 9:51pm

A girl in my school wrote a really short bio for the production of Grease. It simply said "I work at Dairy Queen and i enjoy hot air balloons"

HighlyUnrealistic Profile Photo
HighlyUnrealistic
#54re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 10:18pm

Deep-Sea welding?

I want to meet him.

"You know who I think is sexy? Robbie Hart." "You think the 'Time to Make the Donuts' guy is sexy."

phenom
#55re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:00pm

Can't believe people have been mentioning Spamalot without catching this one...

While I liked the fake Swedish one to death, there's an ensemble member who had me dying...

BRAD BRADLEY (Minstrel, Sir Bors, Ensemble) Credits include popcorn vendor (Shamu Stadium, Sea World), Elmo/Power Ranger (Children's Birthday Parties), valet (House of Blues), ticket taker (Cirque du Soleil), ferris wheel operator (NY summer party), bathroom/theater inspector (Dolby sound). This is Brad's fifth Broadway show. BFA:USC.

Loved it

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#56re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:24pm

that's hillarious.

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#57re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:16pm

HAHAHA!
all of you completely made my day!

I loved both of Barbra's bios, as well as Logan Lipton's brief humour.
i also like the initial two posts. both are great!

I think Shoshana's is totally my favorite.
(and eden TOTALLY went on more than twicere: Best bio ever!)

(I hope to see her in the show at the end of the month, am going to try lotto, i think!)

fiatlux
#58re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 2:25pm

I'm a great fan of Dame Diana Rigg. Denis Quilley and she had played partners so often that she decided to write for Humble Boy at the National Theatre:

DIANA RIGG. Diana Rigg has been around for a very long time, and this is the sixth time that she has coupled with Denis Quilley.

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#59re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 2:29pm

Lesley Ann Warren had been using her bio for years to complain about the fact that her parents refused to allow her to accept the role of Kim in the 1st National Tour...

It was becoming a running joke. Hope she is over it now.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#60re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 2:42pm

It's nice to see the Andrew Asnes bio being highlighted on this thread. Andrew's high jinks on the Greg Jbara web cam have made him practically a co-star of that 'show'. The bio only confirms the fact that he has a real sense of humor about himself.

(By the way, he can now add 'producer' to that bio. AA is one of the producers of The Color Purple)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 02:42 PM

WOSQ
#61re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 3:08pm

'His favorite roles include Dale in "Noon", Tom Leonowens in "The King and I" and the title role in Waiting For Godot.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
None of these characters appear on stage.

I remember the actor who wrote this as it was me for The World's Worst Production of "Bye Bye Birdie" in the mid 70s.

I thought I was being terrifically clever and, comparatively speaking, I was which makes this all the sadder.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

fiatlux
#62re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 3:27pm

"None of these characters appear on stage."

A good friend of mine who got her first break in the West End production of Rocky Horror Show bumped up her somewhat sparse bio with "she has recently starred as the eponymous heroine in Daphne Du Maurier's "Rebecca" "

She received a letter from the Du Maurier estate asking who had adapted the novel, because at that time there was no stage version of "Rebecca"and no rights had been granted.

You'd think that the lawyers might have figured out that she would probably not have been playing a character who is never seen and who has been dead some years before the story starts...but of course it is possible, I guess, that it was changed for the play...

It is entirely typical, however, of my friend that she almost got involved in a court action over playing a non-existent part in a non-existent play...
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 03:27 PM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#63re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 4:00pm

I LOOOVE Andrew Asnes! He is an amazing actor and a total sweetheart! I actually was talking to him about his bio and he said, "Well, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a funny show, so I wanted to be funny too!" he's so cute! I saw him a second time a couple months later and he remembered my name! *feels special* lol. This is a picture of Andrew and me in Greg Jbara's dressing room, he's so cute!

re: Best bio ever!

WindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
#64re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 4:08pm

I used this bio a few times:

"One of Chicago oldest captive “Actorus Non-Equitus,” was caught in the bayous of Louisiana circa 1959. He has been on display recently with The Hypocrites (Equus); Irish Repertory (A Dublin Bloom); and Backstage (Terra Nova). In the latter, he nearly froze to death while appearing as Scott of the Antarctic….but the incredible reviews proved the gangrene was worth it. This particular specimen responds well to constant ego-gratification; Grey Goose Martinis and Rice Krispy squares. Visit his website for more information about this fascinating creature."

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#65re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 4:30pm

A friend of mine had something that went like:

---- ----- had such a wonderful time in college performing, and was so fantastic at it that he became a successful Computer Engineer. In his spare time he enjoys training goldfish and herding cats....
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 04:30 PM

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#66re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 4:51pm

Gnah! Phenom, ya beat me to Brad Bradley. That's MY definition of Best Bio Ever. re: Best bio ever! Also love the fact that Monty Python himself (herself?? itself??) has a bio in the program.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

gavrochegirl
#67re: Best bio ever!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 8:43pm

BUMP

What the puck?!

Videos