pixeltracker

And...Daniel Davis is working Again!- Page 3

And...Daniel Davis is working Again!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#50re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:23am

Because it's true...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#51re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:58am

Look--you don't fire an actor and buy out his contract mid-run because everything is going well. This is so highly unusual that it tells us that Davis HAD to be removed for the show to continue at all.

justthefacts2 Profile Photo
justthefacts2
#52re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:06am

Lee, I haven't met any of the cast or crew who wanted him gone. Let's just drop it. Everybody's got their issues, their agendas, and we'll never know what they all are. I have good reason for genuinely liking him as a person, and that's all I'll say.

In real life, he's the one who took these blows. Let's find another punching bag, okay?

Salmon leap from the womb of the white sea you look on; they are calves, they are lambs of good color, in peace without slaughter.

TheatreDiva90016
#53re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:10am

Are you doing him? re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#54re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:13am

Um...I started this post about Danny working again! We've all been down this he's a bastard/he's not routine. I for one am just thrilled he is working because he is a very talented actor who last season was one of the best on Bway between THE FROGS & LA CAGE! Bravo to him for not letting the LA CAGE producers screw it all up for him and WORKING in the theatre no matter what coast it may be on!

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#55re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:16am

The producers fired him because he was a nice guy? You think maybe his own behavior had something to do with it? I don't buy this "victim" role you are designing for him.

bonna
#56re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:42am

Was Davis difficult? Yes, he definitely played a role in his downfall.

Would he have been fired if the show was doing well? No. The show had been doing good business, but after March there was no advance sale to speak of because not much money had been spent to promote it.

The solution? The producers thought all they had to do was find the right “name” and the show would get lots of free publicity and succeed, so in comes Robert Goulet (with a bit of fanfare thanks to the Post).

Did it cost them money to pay off Davis’ contract? Yes, but they were trying not to lose their entire $8 million investment, and when you’re in danger of losing that kind of money, sacrificing a few hundred thousand dollars to pay off a contract is not an unreasonable gamble.

And yeah, the doughnut story was a joke.

TheatreDiva90016
#57re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:51am

Where did you get this information? Or are you just assuming?

bonna
#58re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:02pm

From someone involved in the production (not a performer).

TheatreDiva90016
#59re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:23pm

Unless they were a producer, then it's hearsay. The company members would not have been told any of that information.

ess2484 Profile Photo
ess2484
#60re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:23pm

I AM DANIEL DAVIS.

jk

ENOUGH ALREADY. Stop arguing.

TheatreDiva90016
#61re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:28pm

I'm not arguing. I'm just stating the facts.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#62re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:38pm

Okay, I just started watching The Nanny on lifetime, so I really don't know the cast very well, and I didn't know who Daniel Davis was until I read about the La Cage stuff, although I do have the Frogs CD.

Anyways, was he Niles the Butler on the Nanny?

bonna
#63re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:38pm

I didn't say they were a company member; this was an office person.

grizzabella
#64re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:47pm

MTVMANM, yeah, he played Niles. I didn't know him from The Nanny either, until a few months ago. He's got an enormous resume of theatre work, and a bunch of tv "guest star" roles.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

justthefacts2 Profile Photo
justthefacts2
#65re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:27pm

Diva, how long have you wanted to ask me that?

Salmon leap from the womb of the white sea you look on; they are calves, they are lambs of good color, in peace without slaughter.
Updated On: 7/9/05 at 01:27 PM

YugoFirst
#66re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:23pm

Posted On:7/9/05 at 11:10 AM
TheatreDiva90016:
Are you doing him?

Ohhhhh! Doh OK, *NOW* I get it. This I can understand. Jealousy? Unrequited love? Jilted lover? Come on sweetness, just tell us the facts. I’ll make a pitcher of martinis and you can dish. You’ve made such a fuss you owe us an explanation.

Guillermo Ugarte
#67re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/11/05 at 7:00pm

There was never an official statement made by the producers. The statement made on Playbill and other sites was

'News of Davis' imminent dismissal began circulating in Broadway circles last week. The Post, which broke the story March 28—and had reported last month that co-star Gary Beach and Davis were no longer on speaking terms—said that Davis had clashed with Gary Beach, who plays Albin, and other members of the company. That account has not been offically confirmed.'

Hence the request by some on this board not to continue spreading idle gossip. But before I go I must tell you the one about my Aunt Sissy and my Uncle Mortimer. It seems they were in a bar in the Bowery and...

"Always smile at your enemies. It will keep them on their toes"

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#68re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/11/05 at 9:52pm

I am glad to see Daniel is thriving and I did love him in the Nanny. To me, he was the funniest one on the show. I was so excited when I got my tixs for La Cage because he was in it. I never got to see him in it as I saw Goulet who I indeed liked very much in the role. He was a real charmer.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Videos