pixeltracker

Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..- Page 3

Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Chlydomnestra
#50re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 6:35pm

I am so excited about a new Idina album. I think if she wants commercial success, she's going to have to make her sound a little more commercial. I love her music, but that is my opinion of what's going to have to be done to be successful on a major lable.
I also hope and pray that she writes and chooses songs that showcase her range, because the power and range of her voice is what really gets her noticed and sets her apart from other female artists. Again, just my opinion.

YAY for Idina...the anticipation is getting to me already. Can you tell.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#51re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 6:37pm

I'm pretty sure part of the reason she was dropped from her other record deal was that after her first album flopped, she didn't want to change her sound to fit some commercial mold. And I hope she keeps doing her own thing, because I think it's brilliant. If it isn't commercial, so be it, but I do hope her music at least starts to get some of the respect it deserves.
Updated On: 10/6/05 at 06:37 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#52re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 7:06pm

OK, I'm very excited ro her, she deserves it, great, and all that jazz, but does this mean that she's going to stop being a Broadway performer? Because if she does then this are not very happy news.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ikmbway
#53re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 7:10pm

I'm excited for her. It's time she had this oppurtunity. Can't wait for it now.

BroadwayGirl107
#54re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 7:19pm

ray...Of course none of us would know for sure, but I really don't think so. She never seemed to lead on that she thought of theatre as a stepping stone, as she always showed nothing but dedication in the field, and she seems to have a real love for the art of live theatre. It's just the impression I get, but I can't see her being the type of person who only does theatre for her paycheck. If that was so, she'd have no reason to be working on See What I Wanna See right now.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#55re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 7:35pm

OMG - emcee, where did you get that picture? it took me a while to figure out who that was. i love it.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#56re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 7:37pm

It's his "new" headshot. I think it's going on about three years old, though.

I saw a copy of it at the Flea Market last year, and the year went by with me still unable to find it -- so I bought it at Broadway.com's table this year.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#57re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 7:40pm

he's hot. cabaret meets aida shirtless hot.

i really really hope he performs in CT someday! he sounded so awesome on the today show - it would be so cool if his cd took off - it should. crazy fan love aside, his cd's really are great.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#58re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 8:08pm

I may get slammed for saying this, but I truly think that Adam and Idina's strongest suit is in their solo music. There's just this...PASSION in their voices when they sing their own material and it's really what has kept me a fan of both of them through the years

defying_gravity2
#59re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 8:28pm

I' so beyond excited right now. Go Idina!!! It's about time for a new CD. I hope she does a show in CA soon. I'd love to see her perform in an intimate setting before she gets uber famous. Which she will. I'm so happy. You'd think I just signed a record deal! <3

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

thenextfiyero Profile Photo
thenextfiyero
#60re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 8:45pm

yea yea go Idina! good for her.

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#61re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 9:24pm

I'm so happy for her. Still I Can't Be Still and Here are two cd's that I always make sure I have with me cause I love just poppin' in and chillaxin' to em'.

crossing my fingers that "It Only Hurts When I Breathe" is on this one, that it's not all produced and commercialized and crap - that Idina keeps doing her thing like she's been doing, just to a larger audience, and that this does NOT mean that she discontinues her work on the stage, but comes back to us more often than not, but mostly that all her rock star dreams finally come true, she deserves it.

On another note, I actually really like what I've heard of Shoshana's stuff online (the non-musical material) - I think it's pretty good, but that's just me. re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Is anyone else, on a similar but kinda OT note, feeling like...I dunno - listening to the soundtrack for the movie, I got all "YES!" when she got the part about the "it's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck..." cause I rarely listen to my OBC on a regular basis and I remember LOVING that when I first heard it...and I was thinking, now everyone and their mom is gonna know that...and I'm being silly cause I dont' wanna share it, lol. It's a theatre nerd thing, I don't want it to be all on shirts and have livejournals of people who just follow the latest fads and aren't into theatre posting it up on their websites and stuff...is nothing sacred? re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal.. Lol, jk on that last part...it's a weird feeling, I can't explain it. I'm excited for the interest in theatre it's gonna create and just that the material will get out there to reach and hopefully inspire and touch more people, but at the same time, I'm selfish about it and like "not fair, that's something me and my fellow theatre friends get to have cause everyone else is to busy with american idol, etc. to realize how great musical theatre is..."

I dunno, I digress...

to sum it up: congrats Idina! Can't wait to hear the new cd! :)

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#62re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 9:37pm

YAY Idina! Oh, this is so exciting! re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#63re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 10:18pm

All I keep thinking about is her show at the zipper when she goes on and in the middle of Minuet about her rock star fantasy and her stories about writing and recording her music...it's like "aw, our Idina, all grown up and successful!" lol.

I know I really have no hand in it and therefore no RIGHT to be, but I'm so proud of her....

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#64re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 11:42pm

So excited. She truly deserves it and I echo the comments made by several posters saying that her solo stuff is her best work, I agree. Although I hope she returns to the stage often.

With all of this stuff going on, my question is "When will she have time for the babies??"

BroadwayGirl107
#65re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..
Posted: 10/6/05 at 11:46pm

Hey, she's got a lot going for her right now, and if I were her, I'd be rolling with it all too instead of thinking about babies. re: Idina Menzel Signs Major Record Deal..

Videos