pixeltracker

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday- Page 3

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#50re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:13am

ANTHONY MENTIONED ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!

(this has been my random joy of the day, thank you)

Adam looked good, but why was he so quiet?
Tracie did amazingly and that girl awes me every time she opens her mouth.
Rosario's description of the fangirling was adorable.
Wilson has to get rid of the facial hair now. No, no...
Taye being called Ty was amusing, because he just dropped his head in defeat.
Idina was being her normal, sarcastic self.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#51re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:15am

Hmm.. just sounded bad this morning. wilson not right for the solo. tracie's riffs sloppy. love rent and SOL but bad is bad. dissapointed.

Updated On: 10/13/05 at 10:15 AM

Defy_Gravity2 Profile Photo
Defy_Gravity2
#52re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:16am

They definitely shortened the song. Regis is rediculous! Taye was on the show a few months ago, right after Idina had the accident at Wicked and he interviewed him! How do you forget his name Rege?! Anyway, I thought it was hilarious how Idina started cracking up at the little name flub, she's the one probably used to having her name mispronounced. It definitely was not my favorite performance but it's always great to see them. Anthony is adorable and I loved Tracie's little "groupie" performance. <3 <3 <3 these people!

I had just finished shooting a coffee commercial. And ain't it ironic? I don't drink coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#53re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:19am

They came on to early in the begining, i thought, member it was done on purpose. But i do agree the SOL is way over played, girls at my school ( a group of them) go around sing SOL, well acutally only the chorus. So this one time i decided to sing along with them, well i kept going on after the chorus and they just stared. I mean come on! At least know the first verse! They didn't even know what RENT was, all they knew was it was a 'movie' with a catchy song.

Anyways, back to Regis and Kelly, I'm glad Anthony did most of the talking, but i would have loved to hear Adam say something, but i geuss he's not really into the talk-show kind of thing. Plus they didn't really have enought time for an interview (which would have been nice)Wilson got really into it, so cute.

Anyways, great to see them on tv.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#54re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:27am

WAIT WAIT WAIT.. I love RENT.. have the OBC and the Film Soundtrack. have seen it several times.. indeed i am a fan. but lets stop kissing RENT behind. are you people kidding that liked tracie's solo? i mean cmon.. she lacked control. and was sloppy with the runs. u know u heard it.. and we wont even discuss Wilson. the fact of the matter is is that this is their JOB. we are all expected to be the BEST at out respective jobs no matter what they are. anything less is unacceptable. so why in the *bleep* is it passable for these folks to give a substandard performance like that on a nationally televised show? unacceptable. bring it! this is your JOB!!!

Updated On: 10/13/05 at 10:27 AM

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#55re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:36am

for those of us out West, do you Easterners have any idea which part of the hour they are in? 9:10? 9:25?

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#56re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:36am

I see what you're saying ozone, but sometimes people have off days. Sometimes you mess up. It really isn't fair to expect perfection all the time from these people. They're only human. Cut them a little slack.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#57re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:46am

oh yea.. i understand that.. an off day is one thing but this performance didnt represent and "off day". wilson wasnt off.. he was simply givin a solo that was not suitable for his voice and the result was his performance. tracie .. the notes are high... and the solo requires controled singing. u know as a singer when u are not feeling "all there". a singer will make modifications if need be that allow for a clean even performance. this morning seemed like caution just thrown to the wind.
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 10:46 AM

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#58re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:47am

Elphaba, I'm pretty sure they were in the last 20 minutes or so, give or take 5 minutes. re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#59re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:47am

i thought they did a great job! i too wish adam would have said a little bit more, but Rosario and Anthony were adorable. It was a great way to wake up this morning, listening to SOL blare from the tv!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#60re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:50am

yeah. c'mon. they sang at 9:37 in the morning. give them a break. it wasn't the best, but it's not like it was a recording from the show at night, when their voices are completely warmed. I know I wouldn't want to be singing a solo in the morning on live tv. I thought that they sounded great, and I got chills from the song. and I am not really even a rent fan.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#61re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:53am

thank you Kimmy and Pippin, for the time the sang.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#62re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:54am

930 am does not matter.. THIS IS THEIR JOB. get some sleep the night before and bring it the next morning!!
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 10:54 AM

bcectchc
#63re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:55am

I was really disappointed in the casual attitude of their performance -- hands in pockets, little facial expressions. Yes, I know that they were positioned REALLY close together, but they all looked as if they would much rather be anywhere else!

I taped it to show my students at school, but a "model performance" it was not!

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#64re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:58am

agreed. i mean all this sympathy stuff is ridiculous. again i am a fan. but we all need to keep it real.
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 10:58 AM

Steeler Jim Profile Photo
Steeler Jim
#65re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:59am

Well, since Elphaba is so upset that I had the temerity to start another thread with my opinion of the appearance, I guess I'll just have to share here, too re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

Maybe it's just my Seasons of Love fatigue, but the appearance sucked.

First, it was taped, and they still couldn't balance the music with the voices. Second, Jesse L. Martin wasn't there, so Wilson sang his solo. Um, Let's just say it wasn't his finest moment. Third, it was a shortened version of the song. Useless.

Would it kill them to do a different song once in a while? I mean, ANY other song?

The interview after the commercial was pretty lame as well. No insights.

"'Ello. Ow are oo?" - Corky St. Clair

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#66re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:01am

when i was doing a show in march of this year, the cast had to sing at 8:30 in the morning for a local news broadcast. the soloist had woke up at 6 to prepare his voice. he drank tea with honey, warmed up for about 45 minutes and did just about everything else he could do. when we sang on camera, his voice cracked. quite embarrasing. what I am saying is that at that time in the morning, you can do all you can to prepare. if the voice is not ready, it is not ready, and there is nothing you can do to change that. it is a "the show must go on" situation. the cast of rent went on, and I have no complaints.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

Steeler Jim
#67re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:07am

I'm not making any excused for Wilson's performance, but I have no idea what time of day that segment was taped on Monday. But yes - it is quite difficult to sing well early in the morning when you aren't used to it, even for the best singers.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#68re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:07am

u dont get it.. i am not even talkin about a crack or a flub.. i am talkin about a BAD PERFORMANCE. the solos lacked CONTROL.. which has nothing to do with tea, honey, throat drops or any of that nonsense. but it has everything to do with A) whether a solo is appropriate and suitable to youir voice and B)smart singing sense. if you dont do neat runs then DO NOT DO THEM.

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#69re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:09am

It was pretaped after a live broadcast of REgis and Kelly last week. Which means they probably didn't tape it until at least 10. I don't think it was the best performance, but those shortened, most likely unrehearsed, performances never usually are.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#70re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:11am

Not the greatest performance, but not bad.

It'd be cool to see them all perform RENT as a group.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Steeler Jim
#71re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:16am

Ozone - maybe they're just bored as hell having to sing the same song at every appearance. Hell, I KNOW I would be....

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#72re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:23am

ok well if ur bored on TV and it shows.. get out of the business and go pump gas at the local fill in station.

Updated On: 10/13/05 at 11:23 AM

rentheadcagofan12
#73re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:32am

Hmm. Someone's Mr. Sunshine, huh?

Why does every one have a sarcastic, yet witty signature besides me? :-(

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#74re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:34am

just real.. lol.. just real. and the kids arent ready for it.

Videos