pixeltracker

Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR- Page 3

Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#50How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/17/05 at 11:03pm

Yeah, I voted for Cherry Jones because she was phenomenal in a show that could've been stereotyped. Hell even her character could've been a stereotype yet she made it human. And plus she was the exact opposite of the character off stage. I will never forget meeting her. Such a genuinely awesome person (invited everyone outside inside the backstage enterance of The kerr)
But, still with everyone of the people Cherry Jones without a doubt. (yeah the "doubt" part was an accident but oh well)

HighlyUnrealistic Profile Photo
HighlyUnrealistic
#51How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/17/05 at 11:17pm

Norbert.

"You know who I think is sexy? Robbie Hart." "You think the 'Time to Make the Donuts' guy is sexy."

gavrochegirl
#52How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/17/05 at 11:51pm

Norbert!

What the puck?!

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#53How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/17/05 at 11:57pm

Yea I hope Christina wins because i feel like she is the best Star out of them.... she has worked the hardest and has never faltered

#54How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:22am

Christina Applegate--- but where's Cheyenne Jackson for his incredible work in All Shook Up?!

mitsi
#55How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/18/05 at 2:20am

Chita 100%

Legibus
#56How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/18/05 at 10:54am

John Lloyd Young got my vote hands down

A complete unknown in his Broadway debut who carries the highly praised jersey Boys on his Frankie Valli-like shoulders in one of the most difficult roles in a musical in recent seasons.

Will he win - No

Does he desire to be nominated - ABSOLUTELY

A STAR IS BORN; How wonderful for Broadway!!!!!

All the others nominated are certainly deserving and wonderfully talented performers.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#57How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/18/05 at 11:29am

The award, though, is for STAR of the Year. However talented Young is, he's not a star by any stretch of the imagination. People aren't saying, "Let's go see that new John Lloyd Young musical."

This is to say nothing of his talent, which is considerable. He may very well become a star, but he's certainly not one as of yet.

Legibus
#58How Now no Victoria Clark?
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:10pm

Adam acrually DD is correct!

Virtually every single reviewer of Jersey Boys annointed John Lloyd Young as a bona fide STAR!.

Even the main King-maker, Ben Brantly of the NY Times, agrees and expects a Tony nomination for John Lloyd Young.

Ironically he is just one of many potential STAR turns in the very talented Jersey Boys cast of new-comers.

MichaelCassara Profile Photo
MichaelCassara
#59John Lloyd Young gets my vote!
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:14pm

My vote was for John Lloyd Young. What a spectacular star-turn of a Broadway debut.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#60CHITA
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:30pm

No question. Chita hands down. You think Christina will still be strutting her stuff 50 years from now? Will anyone remember Norbert's talent 50 years from now the way they do Chita's? John Lloyd Young-who? Harvey? Big deal. Star of the year just because he's a gay actor playing a very straight role? Lupone, Jones and Turner are the only ones who come close to Chita's legendary star power. Still, they pale in comparison.

rebels Profile Photo
rebels
#61John Lloyd Young Rocks
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:45pm

Of course we voted for John Lloyd Young. This rising star rocks as Fankie Valli in Jersey Boys. This is a very demanding vocal role and he gives an excellent performance as does the entire cast. Give the new kid a chance.
Jersey Boys Blog

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#62John Lloyd Young Rocks
Posted: 12/18/05 at 10:45pm

I disagree that John Lloyd Young is a star. A rising star, yes, but he's not a star yet. He got a solid review from the Time, and will get a Tony nomination. That still doesn't make him a star. Do I need to name the list of actors who've received Tony nominations that aren't stars? I'm not trying to take anything away from his work in Jerey Boys, but he's not by any means a star. His name isn't selling tickets, and he's unknown to 99.9999999999% of the world.

Someone asked if we'd be talking about Norbert's performance in 50 years. I'd say it's extremely possible. We don't have a crystal ball to gaze into the future, but this was one of those exceptional performances that will be remembered for a long time.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#63John Lloyd Young Rocks
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:36am

I voted for Christina, but I debated a long time between her and Chita.

chrrymn
#64Patti for Star of the Year!!
Posted: 12/19/05 at 5:46am

Of course, I voted for Patti.

Had it not been for her, I would've voted for Christina. In my opinion, Sweet Charity certainly wasn't a spectacular show. But it is apparent that Christina tries very hard. Her improvement alone speaks volumes for her determination. Surely she's gotten wind of people knocking her performance, but she still has the courage to get on that stage show after show.

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

Videos