pixeltracker

Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR

Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:33pm

Who'd you vote for and why?

I voted for Christina Applegate. She turned in such a lovable, entertaining, and endearing performance in SWEET CHARITY and single-handedly pushed the show to Broadway. If that isn't a feat of epic proportions I don't know what is. She's so great.
Cast your vote!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:34pm

Oh, and if you have a star to vote for thats not on the list, post about him/her as well!

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#2re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:46pm

Maria Friedman-- I have NO idea why she wasn't on that list, she would have had my vote in a second.

...But I voted for Kathleen Turner

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

Luckydave14
#3re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:47pm

Christina Applegate

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:51pm

Booooooo, no Raúl.

I think I'll vote for Christina Applegate. re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR

A work of art is an invitation to love.

PJ
#5re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:51pm

I debated for a few minutes earlier this afternoon on who to vote for. I eventually went with Patti LuPone for her triumphant return to Broadway.

jane915 Profile Photo
jane915
#6re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:53pm

christina applegate

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:59pm

Christina

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#8re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:03pm

def. Christina for her amazing Broadway debut :)

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#9re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:04pm

Go Patti! The queen has retured to Broadway!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#10re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:06pm

I voted for Butz because he stole the show right out from under Lithgow's imposing shadow.

Second choice would have been LuPone for breathing new life into a role that even she had already played by numbers.

Lamc16 Profile Photo
Lamc16
#11re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:10pm

Kathleen Turner all the way!

"You've gotta have a swine to show you where the truffles are."

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#12re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:11pm

i voted for the guy from Jersey Boys...i dunno why! but i think they should have more nominees.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

jsand25 Profile Photo
jsand25
#13re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:14pm

Why all these votes for Christina, are you people high? She cant sing! It's Norbert's year, he is the STAR!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:45pm

Why all these votes for Christina, are you people high? She cant sing!

- Umm. Did I miss something? This isn't SINGER OF THE YEAR.

Christina pulled the unthinkable and beat all the odds.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#15re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:46pm

I voted for La LuPone and wrote this:

Patti LuPone deserves to be the star of the year 2005 because she completly reinvented the character of Mrs. Lovett. She, in reinventing her character turned the theater world upside down with her new interpretation. Patti LuPone among other things, also struttered her stuff in a sexy tuba dance in Sweeney Todd and showed the world that this girl's got the stuff!

Tried to be a little humerous. I love the woman though!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#16re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:50pm

I second Maria Friedman!!

apdarcey
#17re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:35pm

applegate.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#18re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:58pm

i voted for norbert

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#19re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:02pm

Oh I feel so lonely, I voted for Mr. Harvey Feirstein because he broke all stereotypes about him by playing the major patriarch of musical theatre.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#20re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:14pm

Are u folks kidding? NORBERT, PATTI I can understand....but Christina?!?! Good Lord!

CHERRY JONES all the way - that was/is a performance of a Lifetime - if you saw her in DOUBT youll have story to tell your kinds. If you saw Christina in CHAIRTY theyll ask you about Debbie Alan.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#21re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:23pm

I also voted for Christina.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#22re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:23pm

I of course voted for Ms LuPone, the godess!!!!
(I still love you though, Leo, but we're talking Patti-Freaking-LuPone here, I know you'll understand)

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#23re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:45pm

Norbert all the way.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#24re: Voting for Bway.com's STAR OF THE YEAR
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:47pm

Are u folks kidding? NORBERT, PATTI I can understand....but Christina?!?! Good Lord!

- Good Lord! You are still NOT over it?

If you saw Christina in CHAIRTY theyll ask you about Debbie Alan.

- This makes ZERO sense.

I didn't see Norbert or the others on that list save a show and save the jobs of so many wonderful Broadway talents. Not to mention perform a show on a broken foot. She had true courage. You can dislike her performance, but don't you dare ever take away the credit she deserves for everything she did.

Videos