pixeltracker

What are the odds that Rue McClanahan will be in tonight?- Page 3

What are the odds that Rue McClanahan will be in tonight?

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#50Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:38pm

To be honest I have stage doored Wicked several times last year and I have never seen Carol or Rue come out. Only her understudy Jan has ever come out the stage door. Therefore, I have no expectations for Carol Kane to come out. Does not mean I won't enjoy her performance.

WAT, I do know what you mean. When I saw Wicked back in Oct, I was hoping to see the full cast because I feel the Big Three (shoshana, david, and megan) work so well together. Well, David Ayers was out and his US, Jerad Botz, was in. I had not heard good things about Jerad so I was concerned. Alas, my concerns were realized. But I still enjoyed the show enough and I glad you did too!
Updated On: 1/5/06 at 04:38 PM

PJ
#51Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:56pm

When Ben first came in as the Wizard, he was excellent. He infused that lifeless character with so much life and pizazz. But I've seen him several times and each time he's a little less energetic and full of life than he was the time before. Perhaps he's just getting tired?

Is anyone else going to Shoshana's last show on Sunday?

PJ
#52Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:56pm

Dammit. Updated On: 1/5/06 at 04:56 PM

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#53Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:03pm

SirLiir, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was able to see Shosh, Megan and David all together before Sunday. Honestly, I *loved* the show last night.

Has Rue *ever* come out through the stage door???

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#54Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:05pm

Haha I don't think so. I know Jan does.

How was Sho last night?!?!

WithoutATrace
#55Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:11pm

Shoshana last night was excellent. "No Good Deed" and "Defying Gravity" gave me chills. She was really on. Wonderful facial expressions and great comedic timing. "We can't all come and go by bubble" got TONS of laughs and applause. I am so glad I got to see her in this role.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#56Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:42pm

I am glad you enjoyed them, WAT. I know it's just my personal opinion, but having seen every cast to ever play Wicked, I must say I like these three the best together.

I am going to Wicked Sat Night for my last show with this cast. It's going to be somber but enjoyable hopefully.

PJ
#57Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:44pm

Rue never comes out. She exits at the 50th street door right by the restaurant. It's basically in the same location as the stage door on 51st, except on the other side of the Gershwin building.

PJ
#58Out again tonight!!!!

What the? Updated On: 1/5/06 at 05:44 PM

PJ
#59Out again tonight!!!!

This thread hates me. Updated On: 1/5/06 at 05:44 PM

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#60Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:46pm

It's the Paris Hilton South Park style avatar. She wants to be heard!
Updated On: 1/5/06 at 05:46 PM

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#61Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:55pm

It's a shame Adinah Alexander left. She was fabulous in the role. Hopefully she'll move on to bigger and better. Can't wait to see her in The Wedding Singer.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

WithoutATrace
#62Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 9:13am

Anyone know if Rue showed up to work last night? Just curious.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#63Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:16pm

Rue does come out everynow and then....in full make up and drives away i know she sassed me one night at the stage door! I was very sad.

Yankeefan007
#64Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:19pm

Rue is in both of today's performances....I saw her walking out of her car as I was passing by.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#65Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:40pm

"I hear she doesn't do the stage door and is not a nice person when confronted for autographs."

Her (CAROL KANE) personality has nothing to do with autograph confrontations. She has many issues. She's just not a nice person period.
Updated On: 1/7/06 at 03:40 PM

Yankeefan007
#66Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:49pm

She was very nice to me....

HatBoy
#67Out again tonight!!!!
Posted: 1/7/06 at 4:46pm

"And just for the record, Gene Weygant, the Wizard in the Chicago production, is the best I've seen. He makes the Wizard so likable you can understand Elphaba's "seduction" by him. Even when the Wizard's true nature is revealed, Gene is so geniune and charming."

I was SO upset that I wasn't seeing Ben in September, during the Wizard switch. But Gene, oh lord, he is definately my favourite. Not only was his acting amazing but his singing was more than up to par and he is such a nice guy outside of the character he plays too. He really does bring something different to the Wizard, and I *hope* he replaces Ben when the time comes.

...now under the user "aawolfe".

Videos