pixeltracker

REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?- Page 3

REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#50re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 8:22pm

Howard McGillin in Phantom

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#51re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 10:42pm

I think it has to be that you've been playing the role 6 months by May 10th (is that the cutoff?), so I don't think Pryce is eligible.

Megan Hilty IS Glinda. She should get it. Enough said.

Ladyofthe Lake Profile Photo
Ladyofthe Lake
#52re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 10:48pm

I think it has to be that you've been playing the role 6 months by May 10th (is that the cutoff?), so I don't think Pryce is eligible.

No, the performer just has to be contracted for six months; he or she is not required to have performed the role for six months.

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
Yankeefan007
#54re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 10:53pm

You are ONLY elligible if you're contracted for at least 6 months and are currently playing at Tony-voting time. Therefore, Jonathan Pryce is elligible, Eden Espinosa is elligible, Eileen Atkins is elligible. Harvey Fierstein is not because Fiddler closed. Megan Hilty is not because she's leaving in May. Alan Tudyk isn't, 'cause he hasn't been in Spamalot for at least 8 months.

By the way, it's Best Recreation of a Role, not Best Replacement. However, everyone (including the newspapers) calls it the latter.
Updated On: 3/26/06 at 10:53 PM

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#55re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:49pm

contracted? does that mean they have to have played the character for that long, or they have signed on for at least 6 months?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#56re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 12:17am

Barrett Foa!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#57re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 7:59am

Hairspray has not closed but Fiddler on the Roof has!

Dollypop
#58re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 8:05am

I'm hoping that Loretta Swit finally gets to take over the role in MAMMA MIA before the nominating cut-off date. She'll become a Broadway legend in that show, mark my words!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#59re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:31pm

ugh, i think this might be one of the most unnecessary Tony ever!

at least seperate the awards for music and lyrics, or something useful.

this just seems like an excuse to give a celebrity a Tony

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#60re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:47pm

Katie Clarke for Light In The Piazza

WiiCKED x3
#61re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:54pm

i think eden would be eiligable. and defiantly jonathan pryce

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#62re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:59pm

They would never give another Elphaba award after Idina just won 2 years ago. Think logically.

Quite a few CHICAGO replacements have a chance. (Charlotte, Luba, etc.)

Videos