#51re: Worst Show You've ever seen..
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:29pm

The Frogs.

Whatever happened to class?

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#52re: Worst Show You've ever seen..
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:30pm

Mamma Mia. YUCK! But I seemed to be the only one in the theater who felt that way cos everyone else was having a great time. EW!!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#53re: Worst Show You've ever seen..
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:42pm

Let me add BYE BYE BIRDIE at Encore's. AWFUL.

Oh, and how can I forget BROOKLYN?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#54re: Worst Show You've ever seen..
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:48pm

I had always wanted to see a production of "I Do! I Do!" (which judging from the history and cast album, is a great show)... So I went to see it at this community theater... which ended up being a hut in the middle of a state park... and the actors ended up being a real estate agent and his wife (in their mid 50's)... whose bios told us that they had last acted in high school

I AM NOT KIDDING
WORST SHOW EVER

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#55re: Worst Show You've ever seen..
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:55pm

Cats and Urinetown.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#56re: Worst Show You've ever seen..
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:59pm

URINETOWN?

COME ON!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

lovesclassics
#58I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:13pm

Aspects of Love. I felt like I needed to take a shower after seeing that. It was just despicable.

lc

bunnywings Profile Photo
bunnywings
#59I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:20pm

Phantom. I saw it several years ago in Toronto and I hated it.

Humankind. Be Both.

slimandslam Profile Photo
slimandslam
#60I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:24pm

The Reduced Shakespeare Company's London production (far too long into its run) of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged).

Good material (and I loved it back in the early '90s when it first played in NY) but in 2001 it was the tiredest show I've ever seen.

alwy15
#61I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:28pm

a community theater production of "missionaries"
a show by the woman who wrote runaways. musical of the missionaries that traveled to el salvador in the seventies and were raped and murdered. gee, that story sings to me!
f***ing awful.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#62I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:34pm

Also, Anne of Green Gables: The Musical. Whoa. Not only is the show hysterically bad, but the group that put it on used a projector for the backdrops. For example, the kids were supposed to be outside catching butterflies or something, and all of a sudden a huge picture of a rainbow is projected onto the stage. It was sooo bad.

gecko
#63I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:44pm

Yankee Gal
I'm with you
Mama Mia is it!
Absolutely awful.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#64I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:00am

Lizzie1326 that was funny. When the CATS video first came out, I made my little sister watch it with me. She was bored out of her skull. Every now and then she'd exclaim, "Who gives a f**k?!" She really wanted to run out of there, but I wouldn't let her. Yeah, I was a mean brother! Actually,I was curious about the show, but after seeing the video I had no interest in seeing it. I still don't.

Mister Matt, is POSEIDON: THE UPSIDE-DOWN MUSICAL based on THE POSEIDON ADVENDURE? I can't believe they actually made a musical about that movie.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

StageManager2
#65I'm going to have to say....

Lizzie1326 that was funny. When the CATS video first came out, I made my little sister watch it with me. She was bored out of her skull. Every now and then she'd exclaim, "Who gives a f**k?!" She really wanted to run out of there, but I wouldn't let her. Yeah, I was a mean brother! Actually,I was curious about the show, but after seeing the video I had no interest in seeing it. I still don't.

Mister Matt, is POSEIDON: THE UPSIDE-DOWN MUSICAL based on THE POSEIDON ADVENDURE? I can't believe they actually made a musical about that movie.

Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia

StageManager2
#66I'm going to have to say....

Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#67I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:02am

Nat'l Tour: The Music Man
Broadway: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Amber_C2003
#68I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:07am

Civil War. I'm a history geek...and I totally fell asleep in this one when it toured a few years ago...

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#69I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:20am

The Catholic School Edition of Chicago. Boy was it stripped down! Eg: "My hair, my eyes, my knees, my nose!!!" The singing was Ok, and it was enjoyable, but the cuts and changes were just ridiculous.

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

lesmisforever
#70I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:22am

"Rent on Broadway
Wicked on Broadway ( in January 2006)"

Did you not like the shows or were the casts bad or both?

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#71I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:24am

A toss up between LESTAT and WOMAN IN WHITE.

StageManager2
#72I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:32am

Amber, that reminds me. Over a year ago I dragged by older brother and his then fiancee to LES MISERABLES (which by the way, I'm starting to like less and less with each viewing -- I've seen it five times). This was pure torture for my brother, as he is a stereotypical straight guy: sports fanatic, hates to read, hates musicals and the theater, etc... Anyway, he fell asleep and he wasn't too happy when the shotguns in Act II woke him up. We're talking about a militant guy who has a bad case of road rage. Needless to say, he expressed his utter disgust with a few unprintable expletives. Talk about embarrassing, for me! Incidentally, why do they use those shotgun effects? I find them totally unnecessary and quite annoying. Each time I've seen the show I wonder if some old person or someone with a weak heart will have to be wheeled out by ambulance because of it. Even when I know it's coming it scares me s***less!

Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia

lesmisforever
#73I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:38am

haha, stagemanager2!!! I saw Les Mis on tour in Shreveport in Feb 2005, and unfortunately I was in the nosebleed section, which was right next to where they set off those affects (what are they? firecrackers?). It causes people to LAUGH at inappropriate times such as Eponine's and Gavroche's deaths. Grrr!

forgetregret
#74I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:44am

In My Life, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang & Lennon.

ally_kay_on_broadway Profile Photo
ally_kay_on_broadway
#75I'm going to have to say....
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:51am

mamma mia. BLEGH.

"talent is wanting something hard enough to work for it" - my drama teacher :)

Videos