110 In The Shade

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#50re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 8:41am

Not crazy at all! Brian D'Arcy James would be a perfect Starbuck. Sexy, thrilling and just a little bit dangerous. That's probably a better piece of casting than what they'll end up with. I mean, it's Roundabout after all. They've probably put an offer out to John Stamos. Ugh....

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

touchmeinthemorning
#51re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 8:49am

Are there roles for Patti Lupone and Michael Cerveris, or is Lonny going to work with other folks this time?

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#52re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 8:51am

I wouldn't rule out Cerveris for File. I think he did the recent Roundabout workshop, didn't he? Not sure.

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#53re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 8:52am

Cerveris would make an amaaaaazing File!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#54re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:58am

Having seen the original Broadway production with the original cast, I can say that Swenson was magnificent (and lost the Tony to Carol Channing) in a field that also included Streisand and Bea Lillie. What a year!

oldfashionedboy
#55re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 10:14am

I completely agree with you.
I was also lucky enough to see the original production, and Inga Swenson was unforgettable - the peak of her entire career.
Let's not forget that this season also gave us Lee Remick and Angela Lansbury in Anyone Can Whistle.
The good news is that Audra is in the same league as these other greats, and I can't wait to hear her sing the songs from the wonderful score.

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#56re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 11:50am

The OBC is one of my most treasured cast recordings. And seeing as its deleted it is never loaned to anyone lol!

Cant wait to hear Audra sing Old Maid and the rest of this terrific score. I second Brian d'Arcy for Starbuck. Perfectly dashing and seductive. This just gives me another excuse to plan a NY trip next springre: 110 In The Shade

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#57re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 3:53pm

i've been looking ALL over for the OBC, or the London Recording!!!

ebay only has vinyl

and amazon's cheapest copy is around 30 bucks! AAAH!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#58re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 3:53pm

i've been looking ALL over for the OBC, or the London Recording!!!

ebay only has vinyl

and amazon's cheapest copy is around 30 bucks! AAAH!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#59re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 4:35pm

In the Roundabout reading Audra was breathtaking!
As were her co stars, Stephen Pasquale as Starbuck and Cervaris as File.
Dick latessa was the father and Michael Arden was An adorable Jimmie. Noah the other brother was a wonderful black actor who's name escapes me.

And after you see Arden in THE TIMES, some of you may change your mind.
He is gonna knock your socks off in a way you have never seen him before.

Updated On: 5/22/06 at 04:35 PM

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#60re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 4:48pm

i'm VERY skeptical about The Times...

it seems like a Lennon

CurtainPullDowner
#61re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:38pm

Why would you say that Caroline?
The TIMES sold out in San Diego and was extended.
It's not a typical musical but it certainly is no LENNON
I thought it was terrific and Twyla is still working on it.
Updated On: 5/22/06 at 06:38 PM

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#62re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:43pm

Well first of all Lennon was not THAT bad!! I think the TIMES looks interesting and I would go listen to Arden sing the phonebook so I can't wait to see this and if it doesn't succeed in NYC he can do 110 which would be amazing as well...i personally really hope he does 110 because to see both Audra and Michael and maybe Cerveris also in one night would be AWESOME!! And trust me Arden could pull off the part!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#63re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:44pm

Pasquale, not DePasquale.

I liked Lennon.

I'd like Ben Davis as File more. re: 110 In The Shade
http://benjaminjaydavis.com/news.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#64re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:47pm

oh lordy i didn't even see that Pasquale was in the reading! He is just as amazing as Arden and in my opinion is one of the best male vocalists out there...god i would have loved to have seen the reading. Keep that cast Lonny!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#65re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:58pm

I actually know very little about it...

it just SEEMED that way to me re: 110 In The Shade

hey, i saw Lennon with an open mind

LizzieCurry
#66re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 7:00pm

I have the studio cast recording with Karen Ziemba. Much as I loved the Pasadena Playhouse production, I never listen to the CD.

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#67re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:02pm

"110" is a show that you should only see if a group such as a good college or summer stock company is doing it. If you go to see a amateur group do it, do so at your own risk. There have been two amateur groups that have done it here recently and they both had trouble casting the chorus. So, both versions took place in "Lesbianville" with almost no men in the chorus.

And don't you be dissin' Ken Mandelbaum and Ethan Mordden.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#68re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:10pm

fo sho?

CurtainPullDowner
#69re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/22/06 at 10:29pm

Where is Lesbianville?

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#70re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/25/06 at 10:22pm

"Lesbianville" is where any show takes place, when there are almost no men in the chorus (and not by design of the show's creators).

Many local amateur theater shows are re-set in Lesbianville.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

CurtainPullDowner
#71re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/25/06 at 11:38pm

Are there Baritone and Bass Lesbians there?

LizzieCurry
#72re: 110 In The Shade
Posted: 5/26/06 at 12:26am

Bea Arthur!

Videos