pixeltracker

What's next for the SWEENEY cast?- Page 3

What's next for the SWEENEY cast?

MOXIEINTHECITY
#50re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 6:24pm

I think Michael Cerveris' looks actually enhanced the whole Sweeney character. The baldness enhanced the menacing vibe, but it also forced you to focus on his facial expressions. He shows a ton of emotion in his eyes alone.

There's no worries about what he'll do next. He's ensured a healthy career by now with all he's done.

I don't know about Manoel Felciano. I just don't get it. I don't get where all this supposed hype is coming from. I agree with Michael Bennet...I don't think there's nearly as much hype around him outside of these message boards. I wonder if he plans on focusing on his musical (not musical theatre) career. Although, again, I don't get the hype around that either.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#51re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 6:31pm

I have heard that he would love to do a straight play after Sweeney.

He certainly has the training for it.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Laura0508
#52re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 7:45pm

Have they announced when they are closing yet? I heard maybe sept. I have family coming in around the holidays who would really liket to see it.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#53re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 8:06pm

Nothing has been announced but I think as of now (and correct me if I'm wrong) the general consesus is that it probably will stay until Thanksgiving which is when Patti and Michaels contracts are up.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

MOXIEINTHECITY
#54re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 8:12pm

I don't think they'll make it til then. I'd say September as well. I think the whole announcement that Patti and Michael made was just to encourage ticket sales through September.

aspiringactress
#55re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:08pm

There will probably be more of an indication (or as it appears, an affirmation) when Patti returns.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#56re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:11pm

I think the absolute latest it will survive is through New Years Day or so -- since it already recouped, it's possible that they'll push it through the holidays, and then close very shortly after. But that may not even end up being the case, unfortunately.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

aspiringactress
#57re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:12pm

All that's guarenteed right now is Labor Day, but it will almost definitely last at least a little longer than that.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#58re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:18pm

I can see Mano doing straight plays. I also think Molina would be perfect as Princess Buttercup. Hey maybe Mano can be Humperdink! (kidding).

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

C is for Company
#59re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:45pm

Can Mandy reprise his role then?

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#60re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:10pm

Aren't Mano and Lauren dating? I thought I heard that somewhere. A friend of mine saw them walking into the theatre together looking kind of cozy....

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#61re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:14pm

"Aren't Mano and Lauren dating? I thought I heard that somewhere. A friend of mine saw them walking into the theatre together looking kind of cozy...."

And the Rumor Mill just keeps turning.

Johnnytoc
#62re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:21pm

"Aren't Mano and Lauren dating? I thought I heard that somewhere. A friend of mine saw them walking into the theatre together looking kind of cozy...."

Wow, just wow.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#63re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:23pm

I never thought Lauren for Buttercup but wow...she'd be perfect!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

C is for Company
#64re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 1:55am

I don't want to threadjack, but I just saw The Princess Bride for the first time tonight. The entire time she was onscreen, I could not stop thinking of how perfect Nellie McKay would be in that role.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#65re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 2:10am

It's always amusing to me when people just automatically assume the extreme. People can't be friends, they have to be dating if they "look cozy." And by amusing, I mean annoying, because that's how unnecesssary rumors begin.

I roll my eyes in your general direction.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

MOXIEINTHECITY
#66re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 11:13am

Yeah, because these boards are structly for factual information. We can speculate about everything else....but not who Mano may or may not be dating?

He wasn't speculating that Mano was a serial killer, he said he heard something about him dating a co-star and it came up because someone suggested that Mano and Lauren would be cute together in Princess Bride.

Not the first rumor to be posted here. Won't be the last I'm sure.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#67re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 12:02pm

Well, Mano USED to be engaged to Nancy Anderson. Don't know exactly what happened, but I'm guessing it was splitsville by Tony time, seeing as Mano took his brother...

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#68re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 2:29pm

And you know, there are quite a few possible *and* plausible reasons for that. It's not exactly any of our business, whether it's serial-killer speculation or I-saw-them-hugging speculation. They call it a "private life" for a reason. ^_^

Another vote for Lauren as Buttercup here. I am so hardcore looking forward to 'The Princess Bride' it's not even funny. :3

Updated On: 7/28/06 at 02:29 PM

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#69re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 5:20pm

Lauren as Buttercup and Mano as Humperdinck. How many Sweeneyboppers would that show instantly add to its fanbase?

They'd be adorable. In the show, in real life, whatever. re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

Andrew_VB
#70re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 5:45pm

wait, this show is gonna tour? i wonder how that's gonna work.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#71re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 6:42pm

"How many Sweeneyboppers would that show instantly add to its fanbase?"

What, all ten of them that are on this board? Are you freaking kidding me?

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Dollypop
#72re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 6:52pm

There's a strong rumor that the entire cast will become Trappist Monks in the near future.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#73re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 7:02pm

"There's a strong rumor that the entire cast will become Trappist Monks in the near future."

hahahaha

Chrysanthemum62001
#74re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/28/06 at 8:35pm

"Sweeneyboppers"? That term is disturbig on so many levels.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos