pixeltracker

Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde- Page 3

Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#50re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 5:17pm

A performer is only as demanding as the people around her/him allow them to be. The "monster" is generally created, not born. And it's one thing to be "worth" the headache, I'm not convinced Bundy is.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#51re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 6:31pm

Tina Maddigan would make a great standby. I'm just sayin'...

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#52re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:10pm

Maddigan couldn't pass for a college student even if she were five years younger.

I'm just sayin'...

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#53re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:36pm

You're absolutely right Al, monsters are created and then everyone complains about how "so and so is demanding and a horror to deal with", here's my solution, JUST SAY NO! Sorry Phanty, but Tina is NOT going to be right for every and any role and most certainly does not fit the Elle role on any level. And what's "123", I'm just askin'.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#54re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:45pm

If you mean "321" that a previous poster was refering to: they meant 321 West 52nd Street, aka The Gershwin.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#55re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:52pm

Yes, 321, thanks.

neddyfrank2
#56re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 8:22pm

Maddigan needs to go away

I'm just sayin'...

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#57re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 9:29pm

It's odd reading these and seeing my name so much, even though it's not me.

I vote Megan Hilty as a better choice, but then again, I don't know the material.

BTW, somethingwicked, I believe Thesbijean was referring to 321 Theatrical Management, and not the Gershwin. The Gersh's address is 222 W. 51st. The August Wilson and Neil Simon are on 52nd Street.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#58re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 9:30pm

OOH! I love this movie.

I hope I like the show too. :)

The Best of Times is Now!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#59re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:50pm

FindYourGrail & neddyfrank2- Why do you dislike Tina so much?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#60re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:53pm

Never said I disliked her.

However I do dislike certain fanatics posting non-stop about how she'd be good for this role and that role and her role and his role.

Tina does NOT look like a college student. She could never pass for the age that Elle Woods is supposed to be. NEVER. EVER.

So, it's foolish to keep posting about how she'd be great at every role under the sun because it just gets repetitive and annoying.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#61re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:10pm

This role and that role? I said she was AWESOME as Julia in The Wedding Singer and I LOVED her as Sophie in Mamma Mia!. The standby comment was a joke. You people really need to get a sense of humor. I'm just sayin'...

#62re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:17pm

And if you think those are the only two roles you've mentioned for her...then you're delusional.

I'm just sayin'

PJ
#63re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:21pm

I don't get the hoopla over Bundy. She played Amber in Hairspray, a role that anyone can play, and she was atrocious as Chenoweth's standby. And you cannot tell me she's going to be as charming in the role as Reese Witherspoon.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#64re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:24pm

PJ...while Amber isn't exactly the hardest of parts to play, Bundy delivered a fine performance.

And I don't think that anyone who's attempted Glinda has been able to match the performance given by Chenoweth being that the role was written for her. So, they're pretty big shoes to fill.

Personally, I think this will finally be Laura's chance to prove herself. Up until now she hasn't had a chance to invent a leading role on Broadway. Who knows what her approach to the character will be or how she'll play it? For all we know she could surprise us. I say, give her a chance.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#65re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:24pm

You mean Mary Poppins, Belle and Cinderella? Haha And I don't think Tina would make a good Ariel. She'd be an awful redhead!

Updated On: 10/6/06 at 11:24 PM

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#66re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:26pm

Am I the only one who finds Bundy really, really annoying?

I mean...she's a fine performer, but something about her just grates on my nerves.

PJ
#67re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/7/06 at 12:03am

No, VonTussleGirl. You are certainly not alone.

ErikInTheCity
#68re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/7/06 at 1:34am

Why can't I get those files to play? Anyone have experience with RAR files?

broadwayguy2
#69re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/7/06 at 1:48am

"If you mean "321" that a previous poster was refering to: they meant 321 West 52nd Street, aka The Gershwin. "

Hmm... you are ONE HUNDRED percent wrong in that statement. The Gershwin falls between 7th and 8th avenues. Manhattan is like a grid. Buildings between 7th and 8th are labeled in the 200s. The Gershwin's address is 222 West 51st Street (NOT 52nd... unless my fave bar Therapy is suddenly home to more things from Wicked than the chorus boys!). 321 West 52nd would put Wicked on the same blocks as Hairspray.... but in the place of Novotel.

Gershwin Theatre
222 West 51st Street.
http://www.gershwintheatre.com (the address is listed on the main page.. among others)

"321" refers to 321 Theatrical Management.
Here is a link to 321's bio:
http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/whoswho/biography/15438

Updated On: 10/7/06 at 01:48 AM

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#70re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/7/06 at 1:50am

I have actually heard some clips of songs and she sings the hell out of the songs.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Videos