pixeltracker

Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced- Page 3

Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#50re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 6:48pm

What show has been sweeping awards all over? Spring Awakening. No surprise if Word of Mouth did rig this thing. Also, not many teeny-bopper kids come to BWW because Broadway.Com is very commercial. I would have expected more SA wins. I am happy w/Blonde, but not with Groff, Radio, and the Miz crew.

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Rotel1026
#51re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 6:57pm

Legally Blonde should put the win for favorite new song on their marquee.

BobbyErikValjean Profile Photo
BobbyErikValjean
#52re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 7:05pm

I have no words. But good for Les Miz. It was a tough choice between that and Company for me.

I'd choose Spring Awakening over Legally Blonde, by the way.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#53re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 8:23pm

I know, wonderful-Orfeh over Mary Louise-isn't that terrible?? (geez! you'd think if they knew enough about GG for Christine to win then they'd surely vote for Mary Louise, too. I mean, they're both excellent.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#54re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:08pm

There are certain performers that young fans and fangirls (no, 2 distinct groups) gravitate towards. I'm not shocked at all that Orfeh won - most of them probably haven't even seen the show.

Though I am shocked that Groff beat out perennial fangirl favorite, Raul Esparza. Must have been close.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#55re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:40pm

I would think most of the voters have not even seen the show's. I have only seen Company, but I still voted. I used the video preview's, reviews, this message board, ATC, and common since. I didn't vote Spring Awakening for anything, BTW. I did vote for Esparza, but I'm far from fangirl. Maybe 15 years ago.

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#56re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:04pm

I feel like because the Spring Awakening fan demographic is so young, Groff's fanbase is more active online and was probably more likely to vote than Esparza's. His fanbase spreads over a pretty wide demographic range.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Sondheim Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim Geek
#57re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:06pm

You guys, do you REALLY THINK that the broadway.com audience awards are going to be that... intelligent? Seriously, this is where WORD OF MOUTH comes from.

With My Junk even considered as best song (not to mention "Omigod You Guys"), you're really not going to be getting the most informed vote.

About the rigging thing, people on the internet are insane. There are programs that people can download to send in another vote every 10 seconds or whatever. Never doubt insanity, especially online.

SondheimGeek: Is it slightly pathetic that you guys get to be Jedi bitches, and I'm Bitchy the Hutt?
LizzieCurry: No, you're more memorable

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#58re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/27/07 at 7:01am

Breathe in deeply...

And out...

And in...

And out...

And remember that all the categories are *Favourite* as opposed to Best. Also remember this is Broadway.com. Are we really surprised? ^_^

Q_Angle2 Profile Photo
Q_Angle2
#59re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/27/07 at 7:35am

Jonathan Groff winning over Raul Esparza and Fantasia Barrino winning over Lea Salonga are just amazing. It doesn't really reflect true talent.

Mattbrain
#60re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/27/07 at 1:53pm

"On the plus side, at least Spring Awakening didn't win Best Lead Actress. Or Remy Twolines winning Best Featured. A glimmer of reality in TheGuiltyOnes' wet dream."

I hear that.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#61re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/27/07 at 2:13pm

I will join the SA disliking. But I stand by my Blonde. I have different opinions, but I think Blonde is better than Hairspray. How did Fantasia win? Anways, when they introduced Word O Poop, i wasn't surprised SA won 7 awards.

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#62re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/27/07 at 2:38pm

why does everyone have a bitch fit on here when these awards are announced ????

So your fave didn't win, is that really a reason to insult those who did(since im guessing 90 percent of the people on here voted?)

So you don't think Spring Awakening deserved its awards Yawn get over it , obviously other people do.

You can insult Ohmigod all you want but its one of the catchiest songs ive heard in Broadway history (thats smart song writing to keep that song in your head for so long)

Orfeh gave a great performance in LB so why shouldn't she win?

Grow up people (especially considering the majority of people on here are still in school)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Videos