little mermaid ad

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#50re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:40pm

I don't mind the poster...

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

NathanLaneStalker
#51re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:49pm

Wow...this is worse than the Tarzan poster. Disney could have done A LOT better than that.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

ThankstoPhantom
#52re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:58pm

The slogan is so clunky.

I actually like the logo. The only think they should do to it is make it brighter. It's too dark to grab attention. But the design of it is great.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

RentBoy86
#53re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 12:47am

I liked the Tarzan logo. It was very "cameron mackintosh" with it's simplicity.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#54re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 1:02am

and the TARZAN logo did not sell tkts.
The MERMAID has no waist but a hint of tit.
Can I say that?

#55re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 1:20am

re: little mermaid ad

Kinda lazy seeing as that was essentially the teaser logo for the movie in 1989

#56re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 1:21am

"Before a lion became a King
Before Aladdin unleashed a Genie
Before a Beauty tamed a Beast
There was...a Little Mermaid
Who dreamed of something more.

Right there they're advertizing 3 shows simultaniously!
"

or 4 re: little mermaid ad

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#57re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 1:52am

re: little mermaid ad

How's this?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#58re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 1:54am

Anyone who's gotten the demo (and that thing has gone around like nobody's business) knows it's not crap.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

TheatreDiva90016
#59re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 1:58am

Did I say it was?

Pull the stick out.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#60re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 2:04am

Ya you kinda did

What stick

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#61re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 4:03am

im pretty sure that disney's videos branch is completely separate from their bway branch so it doesnt surprise me that the video re-release had better advertising, theyve been doing it longer. 'wanting more' is much closer to the heart of the story in my opinion- even in the animated series she was always about adventure and learning new things.

it seems to me tho that they(disney) miss an opportunity to feed their own machine when they dont advertise the bway shows on the disney channel. especially if ya know a kids tv show host goes into one of the bway shows.

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#61re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 7:13am

I'm sorry, but from what I've heard on demos I really don't like the new songs - at least the lyrics. Maybe they'll be better in context.

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#62re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 7:37am

Well, nobody will ever replace Howard Ashman's lyrics...

I actually think the tag line is really clever.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#63re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 7:49am

How do people get these demos!?

I feel so out of the loop...

I got the LB demo a year after everyone else did!

Can someone please tell me where I can get it?

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

TheatreDiva90016
#64re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 3:30pm

You have to know someone. re: little mermaid ad

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#65re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 3:41pm

I love the demo, I think the new songs work really well into the story, the only song where the lyrics seem kinda corny to me is "All Good Things Must End", but that's supposed to be a funny/cheesy song that brings out the humor in Ursula's character...I like the logo, but not so much the tagline; I'm sure it will grow on to me in time, but Elphie3, you should have submitted this tagline to Disney:

"The movie you fell in love with
The story that touched your heart
Comes to the stage this winter in a magical production beyond your wildest dreams"
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 03:41 PM

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#66re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 3:48pm

Of all the songs on the demo, "All Good Things Must End" is definitely the worst. I wanted Ursule to have some huge final robust song for the performer to sink her teeth into (And God knows Sherie can!), not that piece of fluff!

But, with that aside, I really love the demo, with the best song, IMHO, being "Sweet Child"... that song just gives me the creeps, in an AWESOME way!

Oh, and I hope they cut down on the Scuttle songs... one too many I think.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#67re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/10/07 at 3:51pm

Maybe "Posituvity" should get cut, I think "Human Stuff" is the better of the two Scuttle songs..Even though "All Good Things Must End" is sort of a let down, you know Sherie is going to blow people away with it re: little mermaid ad
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 03:51 PM

Videos