little mermaid ad

jerseygurl
#1little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:21am

are they kidding with that slogan? next to the mermaid profile? "the hardest part of falling in love is taking the first step." why don't they use it with someone in a wheelchair, too? it's funny in a bad taste way.
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 10:21 AM

Yankeefan007
#2re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:23am

....she doesn't have legs.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#2re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:29am

Odd that given the lowbrow quality of general entertainment, we have become a nation of the easily offended. It takes a huge leap to go from that slogan to thinking of how it would offend the physically impaired. Honestly...

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#3re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:31am

I think it's actually creative... as basic as it sounds... and it fits the show well

::bust a move::

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:50am

The show doesn't have "legs"?

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#5re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:52am

um, where exactly is this slogan?

i like it though, wherever it might be. :)

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#6re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:52am

There's a full page ad in today's New York Times.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#7re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:53am

oh, thanks jordangirl :)

sorry, i dont have the NY Times...

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#8re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:54am

Could someone remind us of stupidity and cite that Pirate Queen slogan?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:55am

If my scanner was big enough, I'd scan it, but it only goes up to legal size. (The Little Mermaid ad.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#10re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:56am

Not as bad as spelling 'girl' with a 'u'.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#11re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 11:56am

link please ?

J*

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:00pm

theatrediva... I'm confused... Oh never mind. LOL. I should have slept more last night.

jaystarr... I did a google image search but found nothing. Since it's an ad, it's not on the Times site. If I find an image of it, I'll post.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 12:00 PM

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#13re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:05pm

Despite the picture of the ad (I think Disney could have been a LOT more creative than that), I think the slogan is very clever. jerseygurl, you're really going out of your way to find it offensive.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 12:05 PM

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#14re: little mermard ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:09pm

I like the slogan, its cute. People need to lighten up. We all know the story, shes a memaid with no legs! and i'm sure that if a person in a wheechair read that they wouldn't be offended.

TheatreDiva90016
#15re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:31pm

And I find the term 'mermard' to be VERY offensive.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#16re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:35pm

What about digital cameras, if scanners are out of the question? I'd really like to see it.

And as Ariel has to take her literal FIRST STEP in the show when she becomes human, and as it was pretty easy to fall in love with Eric but everything after that was hard work, it's a pretty cute and surprisingly clever little slogan. I submit that the OP is verging on "moron".

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#17re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:38pm

The posters are up here in Denver but I don't recall seeing that slogan on them. I will have to get the Sunday paper tomorrow to see if there is an ad. The show is selling pretty well here.

Just give the world Love.

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#18re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:38pm

Sorry i didn't mean to say "mermaid"... lol
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 12:38 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#19re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:41pm

Ooh! I didn't think of that. I'll take a pic now. :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#20re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:47pm

re: little mermaid ad

Here we go! :)

(Sorry...sized it down too far. Give me a sec...)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 12:47 PM

TheatreDiva90016
#21re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:51pm

'Mermard' was in regards to the thread title.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#22re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:52pm

Thank you. :)

I still stand by my statement of the slogan being cute and clever, but on the whole, it's quite a dull-looking thing, isn't it? ^_^

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#23re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:58pm

It's definitely not flashy. But then looking at the other Disney on Broadway stuff, none of them are overly flashy. I don't know... I guess if it works for them. I think they mainly bank on their name.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#24re: little mermaid ad
Posted: 6/9/07 at 1:01pm

I really like the ad and the logo.

It fits very well with the look of the logos for The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Videos