pixeltracker

Broadway Theaters used in films.- Page 3

Broadway Theaters used in films.

FeelingElectric
#50re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 9/23/09 at 6:59am

In The Dream Team, Christopher Lloyd's character walks past the St. James Theater (42nd Street is on the marquee). The Shubert (A Chorus Line on the marquee) and the Broadhurst are also in view.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#51re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 9/23/09 at 8:31am

What about a simple wish?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

WOSQ
#52re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 9/23/09 at 1:54pm

Star! (196re: Broadway Theaters used in films. used the Lyceum for exteriors.

The various lobby areas of the Minskoff are used in The Turning Point (1977). I am not sure if the interior of the house is used or not.

The interior of The New Amsterdam before renovation when it was severely water damaged from a roof leak is used in all of Vanya on 42nd Street.

Author! Author! (not a good film) also uses 45th Street with fake show plastics and there is snow. I think it is the Golden and the Royale. The snow is equally fake as the shooting happened in some non-winter season. The snow on the ground cost a pretty penny.

In the original Fame, the kid who lives alone in the loft with the Palace Theatre neon sign is actually in the old Palace Theatre office building that was 12 stories high, very narrow except for the 6th floor and either the 5th or 7th floor (That was where the Nederlander offices were and those floors were built over the actual theatre), and it rose over the lobby of the Palace. The office tower was torn down as well as the expanded floors removed when the hotel was built over it in the mid 80s. The theatre was also empty for about 3-4 years during construction.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#53re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 9/23/09 at 3:19pm

AUTHOR! AUTHOR!, while a truly terrible film, does at least contain possible the most painfully sentimental and saccharine song Alan & Marilyn Bergman ever wrote (and that says EVERYTHING), the lyrics of which go:

"Coming home to you is like coming home to milk and cookies"

And I just threw them up.

P

musicalbluemirror Profile Photo
musicalbluemirror
#54re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 9/23/09 at 4:03pm

in Devil Wears Prada Anne Hathaways "father" takes her to see Chicago and they show Times Square and then the marquee

also in Enchanted they have the whole times square scene and you can see Lestat i believe

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#55re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/17/09 at 6:01pm

bump. Its london but still - the palladium in hollyoaks

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

raker
#56re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/17/09 at 10:49pm

I love how in movies, fake play and movie names always sound something like "Tell Me, Darling."

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#57re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 9:45am

My little sister has a chick flick-ish movie called "The Perfect Man," and at the beginning a mother relocates her family to NYC. As they're driving through the city you can see the Schubert (complete with the Bernadette Peters "Gypsy" logos outside).

Also, a subtle one that irks me is "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist." It was filmed recently and from the technology that characters use in the movie, it's set fairly recently, but in one quick shot driving through Times Square, if you press pause you can see the "Aida" logo outside of the Palace.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#58re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 12:54pm

Someone posted that The Golden was used for All About Eve. That is correct, but only the outside is the Golden. The interior is the Curran Theatre in San Fran.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#59re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 1:52pm

The exterior of the Belasco is used in "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood," bearing the marquee of Sidda's play.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#60re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 1:56pm

I just thought of one that is Broadway-ish. In the beginning of season four of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Mel Brooks sends Larry to see The Producers since Brooks is considering casting him in it.

They do show the marquee and a good outside shot of The Pantages Theatre with the Producers marquee, which is where it played for a bit.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Yankeefan007
#61re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 1:59pm

How about that entire season?

Mattbrain
#62re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 2:19pm

"
I just thought of one that is Broadway-ish. In the beginning of season four of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Mel Brooks sends Larry to see The Producers since Brooks is considering casting him in it."

And they use the interiors of the lobby and the actual theater for the season finale when Larry finally assumes the role of Max Bialystock alongside David Schwimmer.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#63re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 4:24pm

Opening Credits from THAT GIRL featured the following theaters:

re: Broadway Theaters used in films.

The Helen Hayes (Royale and Golden in the background)

The Imperial

The Royale

The Plymouth

Lincoln Center

Updated On: 10/19/09 at 04:24 PM

#64re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/19/09 at 4:34pm

In the movie Wanted. You can see the Chicago's Wicked Marquee.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#65re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/20/09 at 8:30am

The London Palladium.
Throughout the entire movie we are treated to wonderful glimpses of this world class theatre both backstage and in the auditorium.
Judy Garland played the London Palladium on over 20 sellout bookings in the 50s and 60s, some lasting as long as 3 weeks.
Sadly, the scenes filmed for this movie were to be her last on that famed stage.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#66re: Broadway Theaters used in films.
Posted: 10/20/09 at 10:05am

"I Could On Singing" is such a beautiful "valentine"/ending to a wonderful life for Judy.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Videos