Lea Michele as Elphaba

Keelay
#50re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/22/08 at 7:53pm

Granted Lea Michele is probably considered too popular to take the role -

I definitely see her as more of a Nessarose than an Elphaba.

Maybe that's just me, but I see the younger and innocent quality coming out of Lea. She would sit nicely against the more mature yet gawky characterization Elphaba tends to have.

Yankeefan007
#51re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/22/08 at 8:04pm

Too popular by whose standards?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#52re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/22/08 at 8:06pm

Too popular to take a role? That doesn't make sense.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

16andschizo Profile Photo
16andschizo
#53re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/22/08 at 9:28pm

too popular by her own standards!

"Wow, so, BWW thread about young actress Lea Michele or 30th annual b*itchy queen festival?"

LOL
Updated On: 8/22/08 at 09:28 PM

Mattbrain
#54re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/22/08 at 10:11pm

Now in defense of these newbies:

They are young
Life has been kind to them
They will learn

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#55re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/23/08 at 12:26am

Lol, Mattbrain!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

johnsons Profile Photo
johnsons
#56re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/23/08 at 12:55am

I honestly feel like she has better things to do than be a replacement in Wicked. Not that Wicked isn't a wildly popular show, and Elphaba is certainly an incredible part vocally. And there's nothing wrong with being a replacement- AMAZING actresses have stepped into that role(And might I add with better performances than Idina). But I don't know why she would go to the Gershwin to be a replacement in a show that's been running 5 years when she's already working on much more interesting projects- Like "Nero" for Duncan Sheik.

Keelay
#57re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:03am

Simply meant she's got the star power for a role like Elphaba, but she's more suited character wise for Nessarose.

So sorry - should have been more specific.

All I was trying to say was that I don't know if its a perfect fit for her. I can see her in Nessarose pretty perfectly. I do think she does have far better things to do than that as well.

Updated On: 8/23/08 at 01:03 AM

Broadway Baby 2
#58re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:52am

Legally Popular-
Leigh Ann Larkin is way to talented to become the next Galinda robot in McWicked. There is no art in Wicked anymore it is a corperation not theatre.
Updated On: 8/23/08 at 01:52 AM

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#59re: Lea Michele as Elphaba
Posted: 8/23/08 at 12:15pm

LIKE OMGZ YOU GUYS WHO DON'T LIKE WICKED ARE LIKE LOLZ LIKE FAR SUPERIOR IN LIKE YOUR OPINIONS OF GOOD THEATER TO LIKE THE REST OF US LIKE THANK GOD FOR LIKE YOU LOLZ!!!!!!?!?

Can, can I have it?
Updated On: 8/23/08 at 12:15 PM

Videos