pixeltracker

Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump- Page 3

Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#50re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/4/08 at 9:22pm

How exactly are the shills winning?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

bwaybabe2
#51re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/4/08 at 9:29pm

Winston...as oppossed to my regular tone in my threads, this was of an ironic nature re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Remember, I am considered a shill also (just because I like a show? Uh?).

Further explanantion: It seems they readily call those who like Tale (sometimes even some other show), shills, so with so many people liking the show, thus, it seems the shills are winning...
Just feeling humorously cinical today, shall we say?

Updated On: 10/4/08 at 09:29 PM

jagfkb
#52re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/4/08 at 9:34pm

Honestly, it reminded me so much of Wicked. Really, just think of it; derived from a classic story (differently, of course), given mixed reviews by critics, but popular with all audiences, not one of the most memorable scores, and a powerful lead performance. Really, I liked it... it could do well for itself.

Ashley4Tale
#53re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/4/08 at 10:11pm

jagfkb, I totally agree with you. Having seen Wicked, which I enjoyed immensely, I can say the score was extremely weak. The music was not bad, just not very memorable or strong. Only how the actors actually performed it brought some attachement to the material.
Still, I could see why this show was so popular. I really liked it, especially the strong message at the end, a very good thing to send the audience out to the street with.
Most shows are like this: Some strong elements, some weaker. Which is normal, really. Nothing is perfect.
On the other hand, at its worst, ATOTC is still "good". The show moves so quickly and efficiently, that the possible minor errs are covered very nicely. I am really not getting why such awful reviews initially. I feel the critics might have wanted to go along with the negative pre opening vibes and bashing, not to get a backlash. Otherwise, it is dumbfounding.

Dollypop
#54re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/4/08 at 11:49pm

A "shill" is someone who is PAID to promote a show. As much as I loathe Winston, I doubt that he's on the ATOTC payroll.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Ashley4Tale
#55re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/5/08 at 1:38am

Right, a shill has a financial interest ususally in what they are promoting, which I am not, by the way. I believe someone on this board suggested I was being paid for my comments, which I find amusing and rather ridiculous. Quite a laugh. Not sure where they get this stuff.
I live in the deep South. Although I met the producers in Sarasota (as many others did, since they were quite accessible to the audiences), I do not hold a relationship, business or personal, with them. When I post about ATOTC, is because I really love this show, and have the upmost admiratioon for its creator, Ms. Santoriello. It would be nice if I was, indeed, making some money here, as I can quite use it at the moment.
I tried to start a group from my home town, so I could benefit from the "group" price, but so far nothing is organized (I was trying to do it through a local theater).
This word "shill" is really misused around this board a lot, I see. Good that you brought this up.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#56re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/5/08 at 1:44am

I believe someone on this board suggested I was being paid for my comments, which I find amusing and rather ridiculous. Quite a laugh. Not sure where they get this stuff.

But, don't you think that's something a shill would say??? Just throwing that out there...

Ashley4Tale
#57re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/5/08 at 2:15am

Well, I do not really know, because I have never "shilled" for a show.
I remember the 'red' in your avatar, so it was you who posted this comment? I was going to bed and someone told me someone posted this, so I came back to read it. Unfortunately, if you choose to believe that I fit into this category, there is nothing I can do to help you, so I give up now.
Good night.

susanlynn
#58re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/5/08 at 1:16pm

I'm so happy to see they are hanging strong!

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#59re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/5/08 at 2:24pm

I hope they do put out a cast recording. I'm assuming no one other than me has heard anything different than "More info to come" or something like that. LOL Will BWW post a ATOTC Preview video?! (LOL I have to hear Brandi sing those songs somehow!)

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#60re: Tale of Two Cities gets box office bump
Posted: 10/6/08 at 1:21pm

I watched the show on last Sunday and it was a full house.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Posted: 10/6/08 at 2:09pm

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 4/3/10 at 02:09 PM

Videos