pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?- Page 3

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#50re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:23am

I investigated this Hunter fellow on The Google and, while I didn't watch the videos of him, I have to say he looks like I imagine Henrik.

I'd love to see Josefina Scaglione as Anne, but I've a feeling her accent might get in the way.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:27am

Josefina is perfect in some ways. But I agree her accent may be troublesome, and could she come off as a Swedish bride?
Updated On: 6/14/09 at 01:27 AM

givesmevoice
#52re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:36am

no, probably not.

ideally, I'd love for Trevor Nunn to do some ~investigating~ in music conservatories to find a brandy new actress/singer to play Anne. he's casting everyone else young, his Anne better be as fresh faced as a daisy.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#53re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:39am

he's casting everyone else young, his Anne better be as fresh faced as a daisy.

- I completely agree. In that way, Josefina would have been perfect.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#54re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:09am

Well, it's not like the American actors are gonna have Sweedish accents, so I still think Josefina Scaglione would be perfect for Anne. I doubt Equity would allow or that she's even in Nunn's radar, but I think that'd be pretty fabulous.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#55re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:20am

Let's not fool ourselves. NIGHT MUSIC is set to open in December. I am sure Josefina is contracted for a year in WSS.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#56re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:56am

Leigh Ann Larkin would be quite ideal as Petra, especially within this particular production.

The other roles are very hard to give suggestions for because of how non-traditionally young Nunn wants to cast them, but Jenny Powers comes to mind as a divine option for Charlotte (even though she's more of a conventional Anne.)

James Barbour is a perfect fit for Fredrik, all ironies of that particular character's storyline aside.

How about Mary-Louise Wilson as Madame Armfeldt?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/14/09 at 02:56 AM

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#57re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 11:11am

I'd love to see Larkin in this, somethingwicked, but I'm assuming she's gonna transfer with Ragtime.

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#58re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 11:18am

I am going to London in August and I am going to try to see this production there(it's one of my favorite musicals) I will let you know how it is over there

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself"

givesmevoice
#59re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 12:08pm

somethingwicked, I agree with all your casting choices, especially Leigh Ann and Jenny Powers. I've only seen Jenny Powers as Young Phyllis in Follies at Encores, but I think she could rock Charlotte.

Brick
#60re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:43pm

I'm terrified of who is going to be Desire. I'm so ready to be underwhelmed and disappointed after years of waiting for this revival to happen.

That said, I can't think of anyone I would want. Natasha was the first person I heard named that I think was perfect.

We'll see...

ray-andallthatjazz86
#61re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:56pm

I think that Jenny Powers is a wonderful choice for Charlotte given the incredibly ridiculous age constraints for the part. She possesses the wit, the vulnerability, and the superficial toughness required for the part. Hopefully she'll be cast.
Leigh Ann Larkin will probably be occupied with RAGTIME indeed, though I can't imagine her refusing to play Petra if Nunn wanted her.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#62re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:59pm

I think a younger Charlotte is very exciting. I've heard it works wonderfully in the production. It sounds a lot better than having an almost 60 year old Christine Baranski in the role.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#63re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:59pm

I only heard nothing but excellant remarks about Christine Branski as Charlotte. Does she look too old to play her in this production?

ray-andallthatjazz86
#64re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:01pm

Baranski is way too old for the part. Nobody's saying that we need a Baranski type. But someone like Martha Plimptom or Marin Mazzie would have been fantastic as Charlotte. Charlotte is supposed to be young and whatnot but again, my main problem with this production is the absurd age-ism, it's like if you are an actress of a certain age you can't even play the roles written for actresses of a certain age.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#65re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:02pm

Christine won't be anywhere near this production. Charlotte is going to be late 20's/early 30's.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#66re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:04pm

" my main problem with this production is the absurd age-ism,"

Well Nunn was going allow Natasha Richardson as Desiree, and she was the EXACT age Desiree should be. Unfortunately that won't happen. I think he would allow an actress in her 40's to play the role, if he really wanted her.

Updated On: 6/14/09 at 02:04 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#67re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:16pm

When did Nunn ever say he would cast Natasha?
I think that was mostly wishfull thinking on these boards.
(mine included)
I find Jenny Powers is way too contemporary, but I have never seen her in a period role.
Leigh Ann Larkin is about as subtle as a truckdriver, and I don't find her earthy at all, and can she sing that well?
The best suggestion I think is Martha Plimpton as either Desiree or Charlotte, I prefer Desiree, because it is more off character and YES I could see men fighting a duel oiver her.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#68re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:20pm

One can only hope.
How old is Jenny Powers? Patricia Elliot was just in her early 30s (31 if I'm correct) when the show opened, so I imagine Powers is actually close to that. Sarah Uriarte Berry was brilliant in her "Everyday A Little Day"-like solo in THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA ("The Joy You Feel"), why not cast her as Charlotte?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#69re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:21pm

A new production, directed by Trevor Nunn, is about to open in London's West End, and sources say its producers have the rights to bring that to New York.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02202009/entertainment/theater/mother_and_child_revival_155997.htm

At the time of her unfortunate death, many articles stated she was set to star in the revival with her mother.

Roundabout was never going to transfer their concert. The London producers had the rights all along.
Updated On: 6/14/09 at 02:21 PM

tonight Profile Photo
tonight
#70re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:25pm

how about sierra boggess as anne?

i'd love to see aaron tveit as henrik, but he's doing cmiyc. re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

on the evening of the great crackling is part of a hurricane named karen olivo, whose anita impact of the measure, if it is displayed. olivo, an alum of "in the heights", has an indelible personality, a galvanized insistence that latin women on stage. ~ susanne klatten

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#71re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:26pm

i'd love to see aaron tveit as henrik, but he's doing cmiyc.

- He's WAYYYYY too contemporary.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#72re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:38pm

Powers is going to be 28 this year.

She was absolutely stunning in the Pittsburgh production of THE GLORIOUS ONES, which is a period piece, and her character in HAPPINESS had jaded traits very similar to Charlotte.

Sarah Uriarte Berry still, to me, reads very much like an ingenue. She's played both Anne (which she nailed) and Petra (which she didn't) regionally, but I think she lacks a lot of the grit and worldliness you need for Charlotte.

As I said before when I brought up Plimpton, while she'd be ideal as Charlotte, her age makes her suitable for Desiree in this production, a role I still think she could score with.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/14/09 at 02:38 PM

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#73re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:55pm

Hannah Waddingham may be 35 but she was far and away the best thing about the London production. Nunn, for whom casting is ALWAYS his Achilles heel, tried to get away with a youngish Desiree by casting Fredricka young, as a genuine schoolgirl as opposed to an ingenue playing young. Alas, this was a disasterous choice as the Fredricka I saw was amateurish to the point of risibility. His Anne, who shall be nameless, was also dire. Yes, thank god they are not importing the London cast!

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

FranzRelax
#74re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:58pm

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.
Updated On: 6/14/09 at 02:58 PM

Videos