HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#775HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:02pm

EthelMae said: "Poisonivy2: I appreciate your concern for business of other shows here in NYC, but will you please get off my back in regards to my attending Hello, Dolly? Nothing personal, but your remarks are getting personal."

Because you are hurting the theater community. By attending Hello Dolly! almost every night there's wonderful shows that are not getting business. People like you are the reason The Great Comet might close soon.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#776HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:15pm

Poisonivy2: OK, I was trying to be nice with you but the kid gloves are off. How dare you blame me, one person in NYC, for other shows not doing good business. You are way off base here. And how dare you put any damper of my enjoyment of this show with your negative outrageous comments. So many people here have shared in my enjoyment of this show and its been wonderful. So, again, stop with any more comments to me about this subject.

P.S. BTW,  Comet might close not because I'm at Dolly a lot but because the producers had a big name that drew crowds and replaced him with a talented actor who didn't command a large enough audience to make ends meet.

Jesus.

Updated On: 8/5/17 at 12:15 PM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#777HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:18pm

Thx. CT2NYC.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#778HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:18pm

Thx. CT2NYC.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#779HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:35pm

I've seen at least 18 different Broadway and Off-Broadway productions since January, and I'd gladly be at Hello, Dolly! once a week if I could. It's not an either-or situation.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#780HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:40pm

poisonivy2 said: "EthelMae said: "Poisonivy2: I appreciate your concern for business of other shows here in NYC, but will you please get off my back in regards to my attending Hello, Dolly? Nothing personal, but your remarks are getting personal."

Because you are hurting the theater community. By attending Hello Dolly! almost every night there's wonderful shows that are not getting business. People like you are the reason The Great Comet might close soon."

Get a grip, get a life, and get over it.

Deedee23
#781HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:45pm

Chillax Poisonivy2, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a person going to see a show once, twice, or a hundred times. There is everything wrong with you being rude about it.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#782HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:54pm

The world is a crazy place, and purely simple pleasures are few and far between. I completely understand why this production of Hello, Dolly! is a "happy place" for so many. When you find something like that, you hold onto it, and revisiting it time and time again is never a bad thing.

Updated On: 8/5/17 at 12:54 PM

JAS Profile Photo
JAS
#783HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:59pm

Wow.

Poisonivy2, with all due respect, back off! You don't get to decide who sees what. If someone wants to see Dolly EIGHT TIMES A WEEK, it's not your concern, nor your money.

And guess what? Repeat business to Dolly is not what's killing Broadway, or Great Comet, or ANYTHING. It's called "economics."

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#784HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 1:06pm

Thx, guys for backing me up. As Faye Dunaway once said,  "you know, I'm really getting upset now!" I mean I regale a beautiful story about 2 children enjoying the same show I did when I was their age with Merman years ago- something they'll remember the rest of their lives and this killjoy comes along to put the kibosh on it.  OK, I feel better now.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#785HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 1:36pm

Uh back to topic:

There's some non-premiums that have opened up tonight, tomorrow matinee, Aug 9 (eve)

carnzee
#786HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 1:59pm

poisonivy2 said: "Uh back to topic:

There's some non-premiums that have opened up tonight, tomorrow matinee, Aug 9 (eve)

"

I don't know why are informing people about seating availability for Hello Dolly!

Someone may be decide to see it more than once, which will kill The Great Comet. 

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#787HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:10pm

carnzee said: "poisonivy2 said: "Uh back to topic:

"

I don't know why are informing people about seating availability for Hello Dolly!

Someone may be decide to see it more than once, which will kill The Great Comet. 

"

I've seen Dolly three times. I'm not against seeing a show multiple times or developing a passion for it. I'm against someone who's seen a show 8+ times bitching about enduring an understudy (Kate Baldwin and Gavin Creel were out on two days she went) and also bitching nonstop about lottery tickets to Groundhog Day. Many people have dreamed of seeing Dolly! and seeing it once is the highlight of their theater-going season. Treating the Shubert Theatre as your living room just screams entitlement.

Updated On: 8/5/17 at 02:10 PM

TotallyEffed
#788HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:18pm

But you've seen it three times? He mentioned seeing it with Donna several times and the prices to see her are very afforable.

You're nutty.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#789HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:27pm

Poisonivy2: You just won't let up on me, will you?

Point by Point: I never said I "endured" 2 understudies in this production. I said, although the two actors were fine, they weren't as good as the regular performers, IMO. My opinion, which is just as valid as yours.

I'm a he, not a she. 

"Bitching about Lottery tickets to Groundhog Day"- I said I won that Lottery and didn't like the show. "Bitching"- hardly.

And finally, it's none of your business how my finances are allowing me to see Dolly multiple times. Tickets are available through Telecharge, StubHub and more with Donna Murphy. You're not saying I'm keeping people out of the Shubert Theatre are you? Not that's it's your damn business, but my father died recently and left me some money. OK with you sir or madam? Dolly also reminds me of my late mother who took me to see it back in 1970. And, you know, it's none of your business.

There. I'm ready to keep going if you are. And if the posts get uglier than this as far as my "entitlement" over others, I'm ready to click the Report button above. You are the type that ruins this discussion board about the theatre.

TotallyEffed
#790HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:30pm

Ethel, you don't need to explain yourself or your finances to this person. It's none of their business. They are clearly unwell. Ignore them.

Continue to do what makes YOU happy.

Johntlew2 Profile Photo
Johntlew2
#791HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:31pm

PLEASE STOP THESE POSTS! Unless I can figure out how to stop getting email notifications....I've gotten around 40 just this morning....ugh!! 

TotallyEffed
#792HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:32pm

bump

carnzee
#793HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:50pm

EthelMae said: 

"Bitching about Lottery tickets to Groundhog Day"- I said I won that Lottery and didn't like the show. "Bitching"- hardly.

To be fair, you could have expressed your opinion about Groundhog Day without starting a whole new thread on how awful you thought it was. That was uncalled for. 

But by all means, enjoy Dolly! 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#794HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 8/5/17 at 3:07pm

Carnzee: Point taken. Sometimes I don't do a search before I make a new post. Sorry. Uncalled for? Hmm...

Sorry. I'm unnerved today by PoisonIvy2. An apt name, as it happens.

Videos