pixeltracker

Hamilton Tix Horror Story -- Page 4

Hamilton Tix Horror Story -

iluvtheatertrash
#75Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 9:46am

I honestly think you should write a letter to the theatre addressed to Lin. The fact that STUDENTS were the ones caught in this will be very meaningful to him. He may help get your class here. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#76Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 9:57am

Hm - I read that the trip is still on, but I don't see that they're still seeing Hamilton.  OP, did you get more tickets to Hamilton or are you going to see another show?

bwaybri2
#77Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 10:03am

Yes, we are still seeing Hamilton - 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#78Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 10:15am

HamilYay!!! Hamilton Tix Horror Story -  How did you get them, if I may ask?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#79Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 10:17am

iluvtheatertrash said: "I honestly think you should write a letter to the theatre addressed to Lin. The fact that STUDENTS were the ones caught in this will be very meaningful to him. He may help get your class here. 

"

Reading is fundamental -- the problem has already been fixed.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#80Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 10:25am

bwaybri2 said: "Update - 

several lessons learned in all of this -

* don't use the same IP address when multiple people are ordering tickets to the same show 

* this theatre chat board is read by many people   

* our trip is still on Hamilton Tix Horror Story -   

thanks everyone one for your concern -

"

Yay! Thanks to whoever on here is reading who helped make this happen!

I was telling a friend of mine this story this weekend, in the "so this stranger from online, who is a teacher..." way :), when were were talking about Hamilton tickets; glad someone was able to fix it!

bdboston
#81Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 10:42am

I'm curious as well! (and am very happy for you!). The OP went to great lengths in describing the plight... how was it resolved? Was it TM to the rescue?

mpkie
#82Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 1:01pm

Yay for happy ending!

I really do hope that TM / Hamilton also learned some lessons from this as well. They need to make terms super clear and make sure they are the RIGHT terms. And really Hamilton can/should work with TM to find the RIGHT solution to the scalping problem (the fact that this happened at all was clearly not driven by TM because they make huge profits off of the problem).

ChiTheaterFan
#83Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 1:09pm

So glad it worked out for you!  I hope that ticketmaster will be clearer with its terms going forward, but I'm not optimistic. 

I got another email from ticketmaster in response to my email Friday I sent because I accidentally exceeded the limits (which I sent because I couldn't get through on the phone without a busy signal) which still just says that they are experiencing higher than normal volume. Their customer service is really top notch!!  

I really wish you could choose between ticketmaster and telecharge when ordering tickets to a show. Unfortunately poor customer service just doesn't have any effect on the bottom line. 

neonlightsxo
#84Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 1:11pm

bwaybri2 said: "Update - 

several lessons learned in all of this -

* don't use the same IP address when multiple people are ordering tickets to the same show 

* this theatre chat board is read by many people   

* our trip is still on Hamilton Tix Horror Story -   

thanks everyone one for your concern - 
"

Very glad to hear this!

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#85Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 3:43pm

Yay, I'm glad this has been resolved! Also very curious as to how and who helped, but I wouldn't be surprised if the OP had been asked to keep quiet about this to not give other people the chance to exploit the solution that came to pass here in situations that don't deserve it.

ChiTheaterFan
#86Hamilton Tix Horror Story -
Posted: 5/16/16 at 3:58pm

I too assumed the vagueness was on purpose which is understandable. Just happy the kids aren't missing out!!

Videos