pixeltracker

OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!- Page 4

OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!

Joviedamian
#75OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/16/12 at 11:56pm

Why was every record in the Tower Records store labeled "$9.44"? I noticed that every single record was...is it some sort of inside joke?

Joviedamian
#76OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/16/12 at 11:56pm

Why was every record in the Tower Records store labeled "$9.44"? I noticed that every single record was...is it some sort of inside joke?

Rainbowhigh23
#77OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 12:02am

And they were $5.99 by the end of the movie.

Joviedamian
#78OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 12:11am

^^^ Omg that is right!

Back Row
#79OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 12:26am

"Constantine does not look his age at all"

No, he looks older. Ricky Martin is four years older than Constantine but he looks five years younger. Constantine would be doing himself a favor if he abandoned the aging 80's rock star image he has cultivated and instead tried to reinvent himself before he is perceived as a one trick pony who cannot take on a role more than a couple of degrees removed from the Rock of Ages part that gave him some Broadway bona fides.

The point is that film is much less forgiving than stage when it come to actors portraying characters that are younger than they are. Some stage actors can convincingly play roles that are fifteen to 20 years younger than they are. In film, makeup will allow you to play older, but it's damn near impossible to make 15 years go away on the big screen. In this circumstance, with an actress who is actually age appropriate playing the female romantic lead, an actor who is that much older playing the male romantic lead would have crossed into "creepy" territory.

I know that there are a lot of middle aged housewives in the midwest who still salivate over the Constantine they first discovered on American Idol, but having him play the lead role in this movie would have had little or no effect on the reviews, other than to deflect attention away from other perceived deficiencies in the film as the critics zeroed in on such an unwise casting choice. The low box office numbers seem to indicate that the movie going public has little interest in the subject matter, even as a spoof. It appears to have been doomed from the start. If Tom Cruise's megawatt star power couldn't save it, what kind of logic would indicate that a larger role for Constantine would have been the answer?

eatlasagna
#80OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 12:47am

I enjoyed the movie... but i felt it struggled somewhat in the middle... i liked Tom Cruise in the movie but as always I feel like I'm watching Tom Cruise playing a character... and because of Jordan I couldn't stop from focusing on Diego's small mouth! haha

also... this movie really made me miss Tower Records! I used to go there a lot when I was in college!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#81OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 12:49am

Am I right, though?!? I mean it's TINY!!

eatlasagna
#82OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:05am

yes.. you were right!!!

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#83OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 2:07am

I actually checked the mouth and wasn't stricken by it's tiny-ness. But there are a whole bunch of big mouths with giant white Hollywood teeth in the film.... maybe by comparison...

defyinggravity2 Profile Photo
defyinggravity2
#84OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 7:28am

Sometimes I can't tell if Jordan is being serious or sarcastic.

Amen.

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#85OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 8:33am

Question -- my 9 year old niece is begging to see this (she's 9 and loves Tom Cruise -- go figure)

Those who've seen it -- would you take your niece to see it?

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#86OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 9:20am

"Constantine does not look his age at all"

No, he looks older."

well, of course it's a matter of opinion, but I saw him in person every night when the show was at a theater where I work, and he looks even younger in person than on the screen. I was shocked when I heard he was past his 20's.

btw, nice guy, too!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#87OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 10:28am

I thought, well if Jordan liked it...Maybe I should check it out. :)

Still think he's pulling our leg.

It has moments, somewhat diverting, but altogether inconsistent.

The audience was skewed women in their 50s.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

Wildcard
#88OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 12:36pm

The LPs were $5.99 because Drew was looking at the used section. These were the ones that were stolen from Sherrie at the beginning of the movie.

I enjoyed the movie. I didn't LOOOOOVE it. I think the fault I found with it was that it wasn't campy or over the top enough. For instance, in the beginning when people were singing in the bus, they all still had nonchalant non-expressive faces. They should have been enjoying and having fun given that what they were doing was already out of the norm. Thus, this feeling of exuberance one feels at the live stage show does not translate onto the screen. I also wasn't a fan of the changes they made to the story. I think it worked on film but I missed the "not everyone succeeds but can still be happy" ending of the stage musical. Visually, the film was beautiful. The production design was impressive considering much of the film was shot in Florida.

The theater I watched it in was packed. Interesting observation: when I saw the film version of RENT years ago, when Angel and Tom kissed, people walked out of the theater. This time, when Lonnie and Dennis kissed, people actually clapped. How times have changed! (Of course, having it play for laughs helped too) Oh, and people also clapped when Tom Cruise's name showed up in the end. Clearly he was the best part of the movie.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#89OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:06pm

Saw it this morning and thought it was pretty uneven. It had some moments of great fun and then long stretches of boring book scenes. The two best for me were Zeta-Jones and Hough. They at least seemed to be having fun and camping it up/realizing it was a spoof.

Cruise was good, but it's not his story and they gave his character too much to do. The middle section focusing on him and the reporter really dragged.

Russell Brand was painfully unfunny, I thought, and Alec Baldwin took it all too seriously. I place the blame with the director for not keeping the tone consistent. Also of all the songs how can you cut "Oh Sherrie"!?!? I mean the only reason she's named Sherrie is so he can sing that song to her!

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" in the church almost made up for the whole thing being so messy though.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Jordan Catalano
#90OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:10pm

I thought Alec Baldwin being so serious is what made the character as hilarious as it was.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#91OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:13pm

Flopped.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Jordan Catalano
#92OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:19pm

I always hate when a musical movie flops, no matter what it is. For some reason it makes the studios say "See, we shouldn't make these!"

Imagine if they said that whenever a 400 million dollar action movie or the latest grossout comedy aimed at frat boys failed.

WhizzerMarvin
#93OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:23pm

Hmm- I think Baldwin just kind of missed the boat. Plus they really gave him next to no screen time so it was hard to form much of an opinion of him. Honestly I forgot he was in the movie at times and then he'd show up again.

For the record I really, really wanted to like it. The trailers were fun, but I think it missed the mark. Did you notice that scene from the trailer where cruise signs a breast and it the pen squeaks was cut? There should have been more of that stuff in the movie.

I also saw "That's My Boy" and for what it's worth it was a better movie. The 80s humor was great and Sandler was actually pretty funny.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Jordan Catalano
#94OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:25pm

Really?? Because after Jack & Jill, I pretty much just gave up on him.

WhizzerMarvin
#95OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:30pm

Jack & Jill was so shockingly bad I thought it was funny. The only rough patch in That's My Boy was Andy Samburg. Other than being really cute he just couldn't land a laugh. It was definitely an improvement from Just Go With It and the few before that.

Jordan Catalano
#96OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:32pm

I didn't find JUST GO WITH IT to be as awful as others did. Maybe it's just because anything with Jennifer Anniston can't be ALL bad.

WhizzerMarvin
#97OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:38pm

Oh Jen was fine in "Just Go With It", and she looked better than ever. It just never made me laugh that much.

"That's My Boy" on the other hand made me crack up pretty much throughout. Just having Rex Ryan be Sandler's accountant in a room full of Patriots memorabilia Sandler got to smash up was funny enough. Plus Vanilla Ice, as himself, was hilarious and kinda hot.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#98OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:53pm

An excerpt from the real ROCK OF AGES...the CZJ character shows up about half way through.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#99OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!
Posted: 6/17/12 at 1:58pm

Ugh don't remind me of JUST GO WITH IT. They took one of my favorite plays, CACTUS FLOWER and pissed on it.

Videos