pixeltracker

How Is Max von Essen Doing As "Che" During Ricky's Vacation-Absence?- Page 4

How Is Max von Essen Doing As "Che" During Ricky's Vacation-Absence?

Rainbowhigh23
#75How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 10:34am

"This thread makes me laugh. Know what else makes me laugh? The way Elena screamsings the 'qual' in 'star quality.'

Sistah knows it's her showstopper. She stands back, says "get ready for me!" and let's us have it. Watch out now!

Updated On: 7/9/12 at 10:34 AM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#76How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 10:36am

"Audience, brace yourself! Here comes my qual!"

Rainbowhigh23
#77How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 10:45am

But most of the audience is asking, "What's a 'qual'?

Updated On: 7/9/12 at 10:45 AM

jennsk8s Profile Photo
jennsk8s
#78How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 11:02am

I was there too yesterday at the matinee of Evita to see Daniel Torres go on as Che and Everythingstaboo I could not agree with you more!Daniel Torres was just unbelievable!He was beyond amazing.He is just soo talented.You could really tell he put his all into his performance.His voice was awesome and his acting was incredible.He had me from the minute he sang his first note.He was just mind blowing.I just can't say enough about how wonderful he was.I was soo happy to be able to have gone and seen him yesterday in the role.I hope he gets to go on more often.Ih he does please run don't walk to the theater to see him.You will be happy you did.

Dangerous Jade
#79How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 4:59pm

Tonight is going to be a special at Evita as today is 9 de Julio, Argentina's Independence Day! Elena's going to relish her "Qual-" and "Rio De La Plata/Florida/Corrientes/Nueve de Julio".

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#80How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 5:03pm

All she wants to know
Updated On: 7/9/12 at 05:03 PM

Dangerous Jade
#81How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/9/12 at 5:18pm

Stand back, y'all!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#81How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 10:18am

Max tweeted yesterday, "...My upcoming dates as Che in @evitabroadway. Aug 6th (8pm) 7th (7pm) 8th (2pm) 9th (8pm) 10th (8pm) & 11th (8pm)"

Dangerous Jade
#82How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 2:45pm

He tweeted last night "This just in...I'm on for Che tonight at @evitabroadway C'mon NYC, get out of the rain, go see a b'way show (preferably mine). "

Anyone see him?

Rainbowhigh23
#83How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 3:47pm

Just checking Ticketmaster - sales aren't too great even with Elena out of town. She's back on June 21st, for all those who may have tickets.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#84How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 4:15pm

Do we know what her dates are in August? (She is filming something.)

Rainbowhigh23
#85How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 4:23pm

She has got the worst PR department and the most uncommunicative fanatics. Well, I am probably the only one who likes to communicate and post pretty pictures of her but I don't know the dates. Sorry!

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#86How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 4:24pm

I'm not a fanatic-I was just curious.

Rainbowhigh23
#87How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 4:45pm

^ I didn't say you were, no insult intended towards you. It's hard to find any information so I just post what I can when someone asks. I know there are fans out there but they never post anything helpful. I hope there's a way to find the dates that you're looking for.

Updated On: 7/19/12 at 04:45 PM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#88How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 4:53pm

No problem. I thought there was a Twitter message posted somewhere. I'll search for that.

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#89How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 4:57pm

Elena is doing the matinee only on Saturday 8/11 - she is gone from the night of 8/11 through 8/18.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#90How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 5:01pm

Thanks nic.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#91How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 5:42pm

Does anyone have any Max stage door pics they'd care to share? He's always very nice to his fans. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#92How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 6:58pm

Max is on for Che again this evening.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#93How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 7:02pm

^I can't imagine what the lines at the box office must be like today, I feel badly for Max. Has anyone been by the Marquis box office today?

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#94How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 7:04pm

I saw the matinee yesterday and Ricky sounded fine. I was shocked when I found my friend who was freaking out because he got to see Max again. The line last night for returns/exchanges was out the door past 8:05, starting at 7:20. It was ridiculous.

As for the size of the audience at the matinee, the rear sides of the orchestra were completely empty. As was the last 4 rows of the center orchestra.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#95How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 7:11pm

And the money kept rolling out (of the Marquis)...

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#96How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 7:16pm

What a shame! Max is so wonderful as Che I just bought tickets to see it for a 4th time as soon as Max posted which dates he would be on for Ricky in August. I know a lot of people are caught up in Ricky-mania but seriously.... go see a great actor & singer play Che.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#97How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 9:34pm

Saw Max last night - July 18 - and he was terrific. Ricky's a better dancer but Max of course is the better singer.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#98How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
Posted: 7/19/12 at 9:46pm

How was Elena's "qual"?

Videos