pixeltracker

Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop- Page 4

Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop

Brian07663NJ
#75Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 4:23pm

"I heard from a reliable source but I cannot disclose..."

hahaha just kidding

Sorry I do not know. Eager to hear who as well because Patrick was beyond crazy amazing! If he were Hades in Hell...sign me up for a one way ticket!

willep
#76Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 6:38pm

That's super disappointing to hear the cast recording won't be complete, was really looking forward to a double disc album.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#77Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 7:16pm

macnyc said: "Brian, do you happen to know who's filling in for Patrick Page?

"

Since it's only for the final week of the run, I would venture to guess that his understudy as listed in the program, Lee Edward Colston II, will finish the run. Also I'm surprised to see this hasn't been mentioned before, but Chris Sullivan is no longer with the show and the always-talented Matthew Salvidar is finishing up the run with a strong showing as Hermes. 

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#78Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 7:46pm

Wow, I had no idea that Matt was not the original Hermes. He was sensational. 

SPOILER:  the look he gave Eurydice when he told her that she had to come back down was just heartbreaking.  A truly unforgettable moment in a show filled with great moments

willep
#79Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 7:49pm

wicked_beast4 said: "Also I'm surprised to see this hasn't been mentioned before, but Chris Sullivan is no longer with the show and the always-talented Matthew Salvidar is finishing up the run with a strong showing as Hermes. "

Really? I can't imagIne Salvidar in the role, but I've enjoyed him in other projects. I really enjoyed Sullivan in the role.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#80Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 9:27pm

While I preferred Chris Sullivan, I thought Matthew Saldivar did a great job as Hermes.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#81Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/25/16 at 10:18pm

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought of Matt Saldivar for the role, but I bet he does a great job. 

Also, I believe I heard that Erica Sweany has taken over for Shaina Taub. Is that right? 

Brian07663NJ
#82Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 7/26/16 at 8:48am

little_sally said: "While I preferred Chris Sullivan, I thought Matthew Saldivar did a great job as Hermes."

I agree as well. I saw Chris Sullivan twice and loved how he physically moved throughout the evening. His big body stomping yet thoughtfully moving around, his voice, his expressions were all fantastic. 

The third and fourth viewings I saw Matthew Saldivar. Of course I had already secured Chris as "my" vision of Hermes but I was almost as satisfied with Matthew in this role. Matthew did bring his own nuances which were slightly different which was wonderful. He was more of a weaselly and shady Hermes for me. His body being smaller did not match that of Chris' so he also had his own movements which were different but great too.

I've never see a show this many times in such a short span of time so it was a fun experience to see how the cast developed as a whole and also interacted which different cast members. It has just been an entirely fun new experience after years of attending shows.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#83Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 8/1/16 at 12:51pm

A friend and I caught the last show and really enjoyed it. I'm happy that the music has been recorded, and I look forward to that. We loved all the performers and were particularly impressed by the two "new" ones. I can't believe the theater found such talent to fill in for such a short time. I guess that's the pull of the NYTW! When they call, you don't say no!

It was a very enthusiastic audience, as you would expect. But right at the end, during a quiet and tense scene, a couple of cell phones sounded the extreme weather alert (it was a dark and stormy night). I counted at least two, possibly three, phones going off at the same time. I mean, c'mon people! Shut off the damn cell phone! Is that so hard?

The performance stayed on track, as far as I could tell but I felt bad for the performers.

Updated On: 8/1/16 at 12:51 PM

#84Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 5/24/17 at 2:29pm

Thanks for mentioning that Hades was not Patrick Page in the final week.  I saw this July 30 and was starting to question my sanity because I was certain that Hades was not Patrick Page -- although I think he was listed in the program.

After a year I can rest knowing that I am only partially crazy because I kept trying to figure out what was wrong on this minor point for so long.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#85Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 5/24/17 at 2:36pm

Matt Saldivar was on for Hades during the final performances. I believe I saw it 7/30, also! Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop

#86Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 5/25/17 at 12:08pm

I think you meant to write that Matt was on for Hermes, yes?  He was terrific.  I think Hades was Lee Edward Colston.  

All in it was a great show -- it was my bday and I saw Mr Rosewater at the matinee and Hadestown for the PM...both were great.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#87Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 5/25/17 at 1:01pm

I wish the whole cast album had been released. Maybe in 2017!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#88Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop
Posted: 5/25/17 at 1:56pm

YoungSally said: "I think you meant to write that Matt was on for Hermes, yes?  He was terrific.  I think Hades was Lee Edward Colston.  "

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for correcting that.

macnyc said: "I wish the whole cast album had been released. Maybe in 2017!"

That's been the plan, but when is the question!

Videos