pixeltracker

Betty Buckley out yesterday.- Page 4

Betty Buckley out yesterday.

Jarethan
#75Betty Buckley out yesterday.
Posted: 11/13/18 at 5:12pm

ArtMan said: "Is the entire tour really selling bad? The show is coming to Orlando in December and it has sold really well. I may have driven down to see it, but I have a cruise on my agenda at the same time. Of course, if someone like Bette or another A list star was in the tour, it would be a sellout. But Andrea Martin and Joy Behar are not A list stars. I wouldn't have driven downtown (where our venue is) to see Joy Behar."

It is selling incredibly when it is one of the shows in a subscription series that includes.....Hamilton,of course. I noticed that it is virtually sold out for any seats where you can actually see the stage in the Straz in Tamopa, which is a barn.  I looked at availability somewhere else -- I think it was Boston or Ft.Lauderdale, where it is not on a subscription series with Hamilton -- and there are huge numbers offsets available.  So, if on Hamilton subscription, it doesn't need a star all; if not, I believe a star would help, and Betty Buckley is NOT a star...she is someone who, for most people in the country (if they even remember her) was in a modest role in Carrie over 40 years ago, and the second wife on Eight is Enough also 40 years ago.

ArtMan
#76Betty Buckley out yesterday.
Posted: 11/13/18 at 5:39pm

dmwnc1959 said: "ArtMan said: "I must have been incorrect on how well the tickets were selling in Orlando. I received an email today offering the chance for $45 lottery tickets. This venue only offers lottery tickets if the performances have not sold well."

I’ve been watching theDr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for the past couple of weeks since I can get a very cheap flight down to Orlando. Just checking again, the website shows the show has sold very well on every date,with the exception of the back rows of the balcony and the occasional date with a handful of orchestra andmezzanine seats.

"

dmwnc1959, I have won and lost the lottery at this venue more than once.  The seats given to me were excellent full view , close to the stage, orchestra seats.  I would have forwarded the email to you, if interested, but already deleted it.  I just looked on their facebook page, but a link to the lottery was not there.  In the past they have put it on their facebook page also.  You might want to check tomorrow, if they have posted it.  Also, for some reason, in the past two years at multiple venues, I have found that what has been shown on the map as sold seats, on the night of the event, is in reality, unsold numerous seats.  Why this is happening, I have no idea.  This happened most recently Sunday night at a concert I attended in Atlanta.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#77Betty Buckley out yesterday.
Posted: 11/13/18 at 5:58pm

Artman said: “dmwnc1959, I have won and lost the lottery at this venue more than once. The seats given to me were excellent full view , close to the stage, orchestra seats. I would have forwarded the email to you, if interested, but already deleted it. I just looked on their facebook page, but a link to the lottery was not there. In the past they have put it on their facebook page also. You might want to check tomorrow, if they have posted it. Also, for some reason, in the past two years at multiple venues, I have found that what has been shown on the map as sold seats, on the night of the event, is in reality, unsold numerous seats. Why this is happening, I have no idea. This happened most recently Sunday night at a concert I attended in Atlanta."

Just asking, because I really don’t know, but do “lottery seats” ever show up on a venue’s “availability”? Seems like they would hold a specific quantity and location of seats aside, and not offer those seats for sale, to fulfill those lottery winnings. I know for Pittsburgh and “Hamilton”, and the 21 sold out shows out of 31, they’re still going to offer 40 lottery seats for every single show. There’s not 40 seats left in the entire run in January. So those lottery seats have to come from somewhere. 

And since I was just going off of the current availability seat maps of the Dr. Phillips Center, and not knowing there’s a probable glitch in their system, maybe there are indeed more seats to be had? 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#78Betty Buckley out yesterday.
Posted: 11/14/18 at 8:33pm

In this case; are the lottery seats given by the venue or the shows producers?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ArtMan
#79Betty Buckley out yesterday.
Posted: 11/14/18 at 9:24pm

Dame, I think it is a partnership between the producer and who is actually presenting the Broadway series.  In Jacksonville, it is one of our colleges who brings in the shows.  I have actually talked to one of the staff who travels to NYC to actually see the shows and sees if it is a right fit for our audience.  Since Jacksonville  is considered a second or even third market, we never get the tours in their first run.  So when a show doesn't sell, which is often, they offer lottery tickets.                                                                                                   dmwnc1959, It really depends on the venue where they will offer the lottery seats, so I don't think prior to a lottery they would exclude these seats for availability.  At Dr Phillips, when you win the lottery they assign the seats, so you really don't know how many seats were available.  In Jacksonville, you get to pick your seat.  They do hold on some shows the front orchestra, but there are many to pick from in second orchestra and loge. I won for the King and I, for Friday, and I was able to pick the front row center of the loge, which was the price level 1  seat.  (lottery price is $30)  I figure if The King and I did poorly (which surprised me) I am curious to see how good or bad Waitress and School of Rock sells.

Updated On: 11/14/18 at 09:24 PM

ArtMan
#79Betty Buckley out yesterday.

duplicate

Updated On: 2/10/19 at 09:24 PM

ArtMan
#80Betty Buckley out yesterday.

double

Updated On: 2/10/19 at 09:24 PM

beechmi2
#81Betty Buckley out yesterday.
Posted: 2/10/19 at 10:42am

For those in Los Angeles Betty missed the 2/9/19 matinee at the Pantages theater. The boxoffice told us it was the third day in a row she was sick. I don't know if Ms. Buckley performed for the evening performance. Most people stayed, but the theater was able to move our tickets closer to the stage and gave us 'free drink' tickets. Jessica Sheridan was the understudy and great, but not the star that the show requires.

Videos