Hairspray Movie

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#75re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:07pm

Where can one view that one?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

#76re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:08pm

Man I wish Marc had written Wicked, too, so that he could go on that stupid "Nicole Kidman is Elphaba" thread and shut it down.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#77re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:10pm

She took it off when Idina left the show. It was a picture from "whats my line" and the panel member had a card in its hand that said IDINA. It was hysterical.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#78re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:18pm

Love it!

Joe, I haven't even bothered to look at that usless thread on Kidman and Wicked.
That would be precious moments of my life I could never get back.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

#79re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:26pm

Marc, have I mentioned my hatred for Justin Timberlake? re: Hairspray Movie Just thought you should know... just in case his name gets thrown around when casting actually begins... you dont want my dead body in the mix, especially since you were considering a busty girl in a wheelchair for Tracy!

xo.

False Titters
#80re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 6:51pm

Marc is a god! So lovely that he gives us all an injection of sanity!

Pls, pls, pls cast The Harvey. It just won't be right without him. I had no idea Jack O'Brien is directing it and that the boys are exec producing, that is awesome! It gives me hope, along with the Rent movie having decent talent rather than Hollywood puff packaging, that maybe the studios have realised that making a *great film* will bring people in more than a big star.

Personally I think Justin would be perfect casting and would bring in a massive global demographic. That would make it hip - not John Travolta - and Im not being rude or disrespectful, I respect him but I cant see how hed work for this.

I feel optimistic! Hurrah!

Love from London guys and gals, X

P.s. Im going to start howling at the moon if we dont find out whats happenin with the show coming here soon, were desperate for it!

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#81re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/20/05 at 9:02pm

god? uh, no.

fabulous? YOU BET!

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#82re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:43am

Fabulous Marc-Have you considered John Goodman for Edna? I think he'd be terribly funny! For the stage or movie, just a thought. :)

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

Marc Shaiman
#83re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 10:42am

basically everyone mentioned here has at some been contacted about the show...we ain't dumb!

Many people do not want to play a woman 8 shows a week it seems! I would!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#84re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 10:46am

Marc,
I have seen your one man show and I think you would be a wondeful Edna. Have you given that any thought?

Marc Shaiman
#85re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 11:21am

I have given it LOTS of thought!!...they think I'm crazy

ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#86re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 11:30am

When you're casting Best Boys and Key Grips, I'll throw my name in the hat. My agent will be in touch with New Line. re: Hairspray Movie

Hamlet's father.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#87re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 11:34am

Marc,
have you auditioned?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#88re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 11:40am

Actually, I would pay double to see Marc as Edna and Scott as Wilbur. LOL.
Marc's hubby is somewhat dreamy.
Aretha would be the perfect MMM. I also adore Mary Bond Davis.
She is sooooooooooooo nice.
Updated On: 4/21/05 at 11:40 AM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#89re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 12:17pm

Corine;
Stop stalking Scott. You don't want yet another restraining oreder on your name . re: Hairspray Movie

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#90re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/05 at 1:55pm

Marc-I thought you wanted to be Tracy. I totally see it! :)

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

motherofadiva
#91re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/06 at 4:56pm

Hello, i do agree with you, but lets face it it is true that not all superstars are great actors but that goes the same way with theater people trying to do film because alot of times they come off way too big for film or television and then sometimes film actors aren't big enough for theater so i think the movie should be casted accordingly.. if it is for theater than keep the theater people in it and if it is for film by all means cast the film superstars like John Travolta so that we can see good screen acting and the musical will do well and we get to see more being made.

motherofadiva
#92re: Hairspray Movie
Posted: 4/21/06 at 4:57pm

Hello, i do agree with you, but lets face it it is true that not all superstars are great actors but that goes the same way with theater people trying to do film because alot of times they come off way too big for film or television and then sometimes film actors aren't big enough for theater so i think the movie should be casted accordingly.. if it is for theater than keep the theater people in it and if it is for film by all means cast the film superstars like John Travolta so that we can see good screen acting and the musical will do well and we get to see more being made.

Videos