pixeltracker

The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!- Page 4

The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!

IloveNorbert
#75re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 6:21pm

"Follow Your Heart" from Urinetown. Like at the very end when both Hope and Bobby are singing "no anger or madness just laughter and gladness..." Especially on the way they harmonize on the word "gladness" give me chills everytime.

bwayballerina
#76re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 6:25pm

-Wicked: The 7 or so (instrumental) notes before Elphaba sings "something has changed within me..." in Defying Gravity. Also, from the same song, when Elphaba sings "It's meeeeeee!" and into "so if you care to find me..."
-Light in the Piazza: The harmonies in Say it Somehow (particularly after
*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Fabrizio asks Clara to marry him) And from Love to Me... "and now I see as I have never seen before..."
-West Side Story: At the very end, where Tony and Maria sing Somewhere together. I saw a production where Tony's voice sort of drifted off and sounded very weak, but strong at the same time. It worked very well for that scene.
-Aida: The Past is Another Land- last verse, starting with "its wretched spoils not my concern..."
A Step Too Far- Aida singing "did I take a step too far... ooh" after the trio
Enchantment Passing Through reprise- the instrumentals right after Radames and Aida's last lyrics, leading into Amneris's lines
-Rent: "time flies, time dies" from One Song Glory
When Mimi first comes in with "there's only us..." in Another Day
I'll Cover You reprise

heh, sorry for making that kind of long...

cserannie
#77re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 6:25pm

I love the line "I have a secret desire hiding deep in my soul it says my heart on fire to see me in this role" in the number I wanna be a producer.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

Mythus
#78re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:26pm

I'm just gonna repeat the original question, for posterity...

Does anyone have those moments in a song where it is only about 1-2 seconds but you love it so much?

joeybiltmore1
#79re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:35pm

The French horn underneath "Yes I'm certain you are but I'm staying in town" in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC's "A Weekend in the Country".

BwayBoy25
#80re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:08pm

theres a part in the movin out recording in the first track "scenes from an italian..." after the slow section and before the beginning section...that part puts me there every time

also, in 42nd street(revival recording)...the little trill before julian marsh sings the title song and also just hearing their feet gives me kinda chills!

hear the beat...

milliemarch
#81re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:12pm

In Light in the Piazza during Statues and Stories when Kelli O'hara says "completley naked statues" her accent there is just so adorable.

Also in Love is My Legs from DRS near the end when Sherie Rene Scott sings over the ensemble.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#82re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 10:05pm

"...for the arms you could fall into forever"

That line in "Fable" gets me everytime!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

QuiteSo Profile Photo
QuiteSo
#83re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 10:47pm

In Assassins, just before "Saw Bill McKinley there in the sun" in The Ballad of Czolgosz...the orchestra plays a bit of Hail to the Chief that I just love. I love how Sondheim incorporated American songs into that entire piece...ah, Assassins. Perfection.

The last notes of POTO kill me every time.

The part in Les Miz's finale when Valjean, Fantine, and Eponine are holding "God"...when the chorus comes in very quietly. Love it.

And lastly, there's a tiny bit of I Wanna Be A Producer's dance break that I always get stuck in my head...the little bit before "I wanna be...I wanna be...I wanna be the greatest, grandest, and most fabulous producer in the world!". Love it, but it might drive me insane one of these days >.<.

Merrily we roll along, roll along...

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#84re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/2/05 at 10:50pm

"Some girls you marry, some you love" from Some Girls in Once On This Island

Be the change you want in the world....

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#85re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 8:42pm

I love the part in Christmas Bells when Mark sings "But I am over her".

The part in Tommy can you Hear me when they sing "Tommy can you hear me" and a boy sings "woahoah". I saw Tommy at my local theatre a year ago and the guy who sang that solo was great!

In Avenue Q during the song "There's a Fine, Fine Line" when Stephanie sings "You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime".

In The Producers at the end of "I Wanna Be a Producer" when Matthew sings "I'm gonna be a producer, look out Broadway here I come!"

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#86re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 8:46pm

Fabrizio's first verse in Aiutami: the second sort of half, when he hits that A.

This is my signature.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#87re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 8:55pm

Ooh! "Aiutami" is stunning. I love the "ooh ooh ooh" line after Signora Naccarelli sings, "give me suspicion."

thedingo8urbaby3 Profile Photo
thedingo8urbaby3
#88re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:12pm

After all these years, I still get goosebumps from the most random moments in RENT. I guess it really depends on what mood I'm in at the moment, but the Finale B always get me.

The line in HAIR during "Walking in Space" that goes "Our eyes are open / Wide wide wide!" also has a huge emotional impact on me.

threadjacking for a second: if someone has heard the benefit recording for Hair, would he/she please PM me and tell me how it is?

"I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell!!!!" ~Christopher Walken in one of the best SNL sketches EVER!!
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 09:12 PM

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#89re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:44pm

While I think most of the score is only okay, in "Some Things are Meant to Be" from Little Women, the line, "All my life, I lived for loving you. Let me go now," just KILLS me.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#90re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:49pm

Oo, I just got chills just READING it.

And Zoran, yes....Sarah Uriarte Berry is just AMAZING in that song. I think that's an E she hits.

::hugs Piazza recording::

This is my signature.

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#91re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 10:23pm

Taryn, I love that part in "Some Things are Meant to Be", where Beth says "All my life, I've lived for loving you. Let me go now." It touches me because it reminds me of my brother, who died.
Urinetown; In "I See a River", I love when everyone is singing "We see a river, flowing for justice, we see a river just in view", and then you can hear JLT singing sort of operatically above everyone.

TMM; In "Forget About the Boy", I love when everyone goes "Forget About the Boyyyyyyyyyyy..." and then they all start tap dancing.

DRS: In "What was a Woman to do?" when the women sing "this man of brio and panache", and one woman sorta goes higher "brio and pana-ah-ace" and the usherettes solo

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

MrBungee7
#92re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 10:41pm

On the recording of Guettel's Myths and Hymns, there's a split-second transition between "Saturn Returns" and "Icarus". It's spectacular.

And in Hello, Again in the scene between the nurse and the soldier, the nurse hits this amazingly hysterical note when she says "Leslie."

What's pink and green and flies all over?

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#93re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/5/05 at 10:47pm

Defying Gravity - Last Notes... and "So If You Care To Find Me, Look To The Western Sky.."

No Good Deed - High Belted Fiyero in the middle of the song

Seasons Of Love - Measure Your Life In Lo OOOOOOVE (high head voice)

YAGMCB - T.E.A.M. when Charlie sings "dear pen pal..." till the end of the song.

Passeggiata - To The Place That I Knooooww

No More - Every moment where the baker sings.

BwayBoy25
#94re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/6/05 at 12:04am

another one-

spelling bee-in "the i love you song" when olive goes up on that last set of "mamas" and also at the end of that song when she spells and defines chimerical...gives me chills

hear the beat...

Theaterlover2 Profile Photo
Theaterlover2
#95re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/6/05 at 12:21am

"Brian buddy, where ya been? The term is Asian American" from Ave Q. I just think Tartaglia's voice is so beautiful here.

And to concur with some of the other posters: "But I am over her" by Mark in Christmas Bells for RENT. I LOVE that part.

Also, the harmonies of Mark and Roger's Oooohs when Collin's sings part of Santa Fe for the second time (forget the exact name of the song)- I love the part when one of their voices soars above. it's just great

Lastly, in the Finale of Les Miserables, I love the beginning where their voices are just a distant rumble and they slowly grow louder and louder (as they walk through the mist) ahh wonderful.

This is wanting something This is reaching for it This is wishing that a moment would arrive- LITP everybody goes down well with beer!-sweeney Todd Listen to the stories Hear it in the songs Angry men don't write the rules and guns don't right the wrongs!-Assassins

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#96re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:27am

Gotta add my RENT!

I love the harmonies in "I Should Tell You" on "Trusting desire, starting to learn. Walking through fire without a burn..." That whole section just gives me chills.

wonderland
#97re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/6/05 at 4:56am

"Would he really die for you, or is that just the after-dinner show." -Lippa's Wild Party

Bryan d'Arcy James, I will have your babies just because of your delivery of that line. And I'm male. A straight male. We'll work out the details.
Updated On: 7/6/05 at 04:56 AM

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#98re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:52am

In His Eyes - "But Sadly I'm Not Wise" (especially in the linda eder version)

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#99re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:02am

this isn't a chills moment, but on the OCR for DRS, when Sherie comes back from the lobby and she says "Buzz, who's the one person you want to see right now" (or whatever) and he says "Grandma?" - she does this little laugh that just kills me everytime...

"Not a day goes by..."

Videos