Tarzan Review!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#75re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 8:29am

that sounds awesome! i really want to see it.

do you think any of the seats have really bad views?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#76re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 9:53am

And I have been reading the other reviews of the show as well from other posters. I agree with a lot of their statements about the show needing work and tightening up, but as this was the first preview, it will change a lot I'm sure. I like to look at the positive aspects now to see the potential, rather than comment on the negative things that will obviously be changed. I was sitting next to the production staff from the show, and they all were taking notes throughout the entire thing. I will see Tarzan again soon, and hopefully a couple times between now and opening, so I'll post changes as they are made.
Updated On: 3/25/06 at 09:53 AM

forgetregret
#77re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 9:58am

Sorry if this was mentioned already, I didn't read through every post, but I was wondering if anyone who was there got an idea of what lotto seats would be like...very obstructed?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#78re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 10:05am

No, it looked like the stage was lower than it used to be, and besides having to look up a lot, the lotto seats seem pretty good. I'm trying the lotto tonight and Thurs, so if I win, I'll let you know :)

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#79re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 10:21am

just a question, who sang 'you'll be in my heart'?

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#80re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 10:25am

answer........read through the thread first. Your answer is towards the beginning!

Kicks8567
#81re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:19am

I tried the lotto last night, and lostre: Tarzan Review! However, I saw Hairspray again and went to stage door the show. I was watching the show from the lobby on the screen outside the theater....kind of just glimpsing and it looked pretty cool. I also found a Tarzan Playbill right on top of the dumpster when I enetred the lottery which wa spretty cool. Windowcards are $15 and the cast is very friendly. They all came out and signed for everyone.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#82re: Tarzan Review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:19am

Re: seating, I think the back of the orchestra are the only "bad" seats, since they are up so high and the balcony hangs over. You would miss a lot of the in air action.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#83tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:48am

wow, liotte, you went to the first preview, took pictures during the show and posted them online?

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#84tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:53am

Papa, do you see pictures posted on here? I don't.

papalovesmambo
#85tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:54am

i'm sad that i missed them.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#86tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:55am

Go see the show, then you can see the people and costumes in real life!

papalovesmambo
#87tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 11:59am

but wow, i'm so bummed i missed a chance to see pictures taken during a show. did you bother to turn off the flash? omg, you totally shouldn't have! then you could have had a great story about causing a performer to possibly fall. i mean that'd be even better than just plain pictures, because you'd be like totally part of the show then.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#88tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:08pm

I am really surprised at you, Liotte. I had the impression you were a mature and intelligent young woman. What made you violate all copyright laws and post those picture here for all to judge when the show isn't even finished yet. You really disappointed me. I thought you were better than that. Shame on you. If I were a mod you would at least be suspended.

PEACE.

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#89tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:12pm

It's stunts like this that will eventually end up resulting in everyone having to check their phones upon entering a theater. Really pretty tacky and also pretty much of an F.U. to Rob and Craig.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#90tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:14pm

*begins sobbing* Liotte, you've ruined my life! My. entire. life!

*runs off, sobbing harder*

yr ronin,
joey

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#91tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:17pm

Wow..so much judging here--and naivete! Can we get back to hearing about the show?

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#92tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:20pm

It amazes me how quickly people are willing to overlook a huge indiscretion when it serves their purpose. It is at the very least tacky, if not downright illegal.

PEACE.

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#93tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:23pm

No, I am saying that if a person CHOOSES to take the risk, knowing what those risks are, then that is really not our business is it?

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#94tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:24pm

Others on this thread were saying that in the pictures Josh was hairy or he looked good, or what not...but I have not seen any pictures. Does anyone know where I can find press shots of the show?

Also, who is getting the CD is it worth getting..it comes out in June!

Drtheatre

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#95tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:25pm

But when that person posts those illegal photos on line and then tells everyone who wants to see them to PM me, that is just plain nerve.

PEACE.
Updated On: 3/25/06 at 12:25 PM

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#96tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:26pm

Sueleen, I can't imagine that you don't or never have done or owned anything illegal. I'm not sayin' whether it's wrong or right or tacky but I bet you didn't shield your eyes and cry out in agony when you saw that there were pictures! Let's leave it up to the administistrative gods to dispense justice if they feel so suited.

yr ronin,
joey

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#97tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:27pm

For the record- I have NEVER taken pictures DURING a show. And especially not with a flash.

Many people were however, I saw plenty of flashes during the show and especially during curtain call, along with a couple video cameras. I was not one of those people.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#98tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:28pm

Then how did you get those pictures?

I am muy confused.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#99tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:30pm

I am not saying that I have never looked at bootlegs. However, I have never posted them on a message board and passed judgment on a show still in previews. Especially one as technically complicated as Tarzan seems to be. I was saying that I thought Liotte was above such childish and tacky behavior.

PEACE.

Videos