LA Wicked sit down

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#75re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/9/06 at 1:26pm

I did not like Ana. Her singing abilty was not good enough for Elphaba! Plus Kristy is all around better than her...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#76re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/9/06 at 1:30pm

"FACTS:

May 27, 2007 - Chicago Sit-Down Production closes

June 4, 2007 - LA Sit-Down Production opens with Ana Gasteyer (Elphaba) and Kendra Kassebaum (Glinda)

Take it or leave it."

I'll leave it...nothing is official yet. It's easy for anyone to come on a Broadway message board and admit the "facts" to those who are curious about casting and will take anything they hear. Everyone is hearing different things (ex: Megan Hilty at the stage door) which is proof that these are all rumors.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 7/9/06 at 01:30 PM

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#77re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/9/06 at 1:30pm

Renthead, by recycling people I mean using people from diffrent Companies and bringing them to Boradway. Like what they did with Derrick, Eden, and Kate. Megan and Shoshna are great but now they're going on tour.Can we get some new people to show off their talent.

EDIT: If they do LA Glinda will more than likely be Megan. I remember her saying her agency was bi-costal. Also now because she's doing Vanities she will probably be doing more stuff in California.
Updated On: 7/9/06 at 01:30 PM

#78re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 11:44am

Most good agencies are bi-coastal. That means nothing.

Actually, Universal and Mark Platt (the lead producer) purchased the bankrupted Kodak Theater at Hollywood and Highland several months ago. I have heard that Wicked will go into the Kodak, as Pantages hosts all of the tours that come through. Obviously, since they own the theater and would be their own landlords, they will surely open there.

Also, I've been told there will be lots of new hires so they don't have to do massive relocations. Rule out Menzel to open, but Chenowith is a strong possibility for a limited run. By limited, I mean, a few weeks at best. Also, look for a parade of soap and TV actors with stage credits as the other leads...David Garrison or Kevin Spirtas as the Wizard, McClanahan as Morrible, Austin Miller or someone like that as Fiyero, and so on.

#79re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 11:52am

Isn't Chenowith a little old to go back in? Especially with a Fiyero in his 20's and a Wizard not much older than she?

What will they do at the Kodak when they have the Academy awards?

Fosse76
#80re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 12:21pm

It won't ever play at the Kodak. The backstage area is actually too small for a show the size of Wicked, and the show would have to vacate for almost two months in the spring for the Academy Awards, which has a long-term lease with the venue. In fact, the theater isn't designed for Broadway. It's a tough-sell.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#81re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 1:03pm

I agree about Kodak stage being too small. It's better for television events.
Updated On: 7/14/06 at 01:03 PM

COOOOLkid
#82re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 1:17pm

I read somewhere that Kodak Theatre had one of the biggest stage in the nation... Maybe I read wrong.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#83re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 1:24pm

Of course I could be wrong. I was just there in Feb were I saw Madea Goes to Jail. It seems like the stage was limited, but then again the enourmous set may have fooled me.

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#84re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 1:48pm

They could close up the Universal Ampitheatre at Universal Studios and make it the Wicked Theatre. The Pantages needs to host all the tours

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

#85re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/14/06 at 1:53pm

I've got three words for you: The Ten Commandments. The production was huge. And also the reason why the Kodak went bankrupt.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#86re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/17/06 at 4:09pm

Okay, I realize this is an old thread and who knows when this was first posted:

However,

The thing about performers getting "new costumes" every time they open a new production. Completely false. Absolutely ludicrious. Those Elphaba rags cost thousands of dollars a piece, and performers often have duplicates of each dress. You better believe they keep those things in storage.

If Eden opens the show in L.A. she will be wearing the exact same clothes she is wearing on Broadway at the moment. Bringing back cast members is actually a nice trick for productions to save money, BECAUSE they save about 20 grand in having to build costumes for new performers!

neddyfrank2
#87re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:57pm

:) Updated On: 7/30/06 at 03:57 PM

COOOOLkid
#88re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 6:29pm

^ That post translates to:

"I know everything and I want to tell you all but I'm not allowed. I just wanted to say that I know more than you"

re: LA Wicked sit down

My point is, if you're going to say something like you know something, say it instead of just giving us random clues that wouldn't help us much.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#89re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 6:48pm

Hey Neddy...I know who killed JFK, they had a gun and they were in Dallas the day he was shot. That's all I can say right now!

Come on, if you are going to say something...SAY IT!!!

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#90re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:02pm

It's not really that hard....

The two in Wicked now are most likely Espinosa and Carol Kane.

The one who will be in the show in September is Megan Hilty, who is doing the tour for a couple of stops...

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#91re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:12pm

I would imagine that the producers of the Los Angeles WICKED will create a new production in order for Los Angeles to serve as the show's "Point of Organization" (Actor's Equity). Under that scenerio most of the show (especially smaller roles and chorus) would be cast locally in Los Angeles. That way the producers would not be required to pay expensive housing per diems.

neddyfrank2
#92re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:31pm

re: LA Wicked sit down Updated On: 7/30/06 at 09:31 PM

Yero
#93re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:35pm

But why would you say you know without actually saying? What's the point?

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

#94re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:44pm

Agree Yero...what's the point? And if your friend really checks the board, then why post something they told you not to share. "Loose Lips Sink Ships" was invented for friends like you.

Yero
#95re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:48pm

It's like saying "I KNOW WHO IT IS AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!!!!!!!"
It's obnoxious and pointless.
How do we even know you really know, or if you are just being a pain in the ass?

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#96re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:07pm

I really think this hullaballoo is much ado about nothing. It wasn't that hard to figure out who the poster was referring too.

neddyfrank2
#97re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:57pm

re: LA Wicked sit down Updated On: 7/30/06 at 10:57 PM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#98re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:05pm

"Okay, next time I won't say if I know who is cast in a show"

Probably a good idea. Especially if you were asked to keep quiet about it. And is dropping a hint just as bad as actually spelling it out? I don't know. I'm not here to judge... but you gave yourself a good rule to live by there. Follow it re: LA Wicked sit down

#99re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:16pm

Thank you Popular...a voice of reason.

You know I don't usually jump into this type of thing, so reading your post brought my BP down.

Did you get the car?

Videos