pixeltracker

"TV-based name into Legally Blonde in the not-too-distant future"?- Page 4

"TV-based name into Legally Blonde in the not-too-distant future"?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#75TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 12:21am

I think you have to have a pretty good attendance record, but I know you will be allowed to miss a show next year when the Tonys has The Color Purple perform yet again in a year that is not the year it opened, and so it is not eligible for anything...but you will have good company with another performance from the also not eligible for anything because they also didn't open this year Jersey Boys. :)

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#76TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 12:30am

Thank you all for the strong showing of support. I am exciting to step into the roll and to don the aviator shades of glory as Warner eight times a week. I know having me in the show will boost ticket sales and I hope you all play a part in that by coming to see me.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

BwayLeadman
#77TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 1:37am

TV Star to star in LB. The answer?

That's so easy its:
That's so Raven!

Boq101
#78TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 8:22am

lol Raven Symone as Elle? She'll stop the show and go "I HAVE A VISION!" and we'll just skip to her graduating.

Bell sounds great, I'd prefer it if Nick's brother replaced, considering Nick looks past 30. Nick and Bell together would just look wrong, because she looks pretty young, too.

Whatever happens, just as long as they don't replace Kate Shindle, because she rules, even if her character dies out halfway through act two, at which point she becomes the show's high belt lady until the end.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#79TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 8:30am

I'm with you Boq! Keep Kate and I'll be fine :) Just as long as they don't bring in some idiot.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#80TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 9:29am

Am i the only one scratching my head about people on here saying "it's doing ok but not great" etc

Its making over a million a week!!

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#81TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 9:34am

I don't know why anyone is taking this thread OR broadwayboy1017 seriously.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#82TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 9:45am

broadwayboy, were you at the show today? Because if you were, I don't see how you could have seen the show (that runs 2 hours thirty minutes), stagedoor, and then get home to post about it.

I'll believe it when I see a press release.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#83TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 9:56am

Well, he also "knows" LBB and "knew" she fell down the subway steps.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#84TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 10:26am

Thank you all for the strong showing of support. I am exciting to step into the roll and to don the aviator shades of glory as Warner eight times a week. I know having me in the show will boost ticket sales and I hope you all play a part in that by coming to see me.

I will totes be at the stage door 8x/week to collect voluntaries!!!1!1!! :)

And you guys who are doubting broadwayboy- isn't it obvious that he is live blogging from the stage door, for the benefit of us all?? I believe in you broadwayboy- I am totally closing my eyes and clapping.

carymetorent2
#85TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:55pm

Thanks anakela. If you want a voluntary, def bring me some spinach...gotta stay in shape to strut my stuff on the Palace stage :-P

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#86TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 7:22pm

You know, I'm thinking that spinach is a little played out...I wanna start a new tradition, and I'm gonna bring you chard instead, as not only is it a leafy veggie, but it also comes in...

TV star to star in LB?

PINK!

omigod, a pink veggie, at the Blonde stage door- I'm gonna get the mostest voluntaries evah!!

:)

jagfkb
#87TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 6:20am

Here's Legally Blonde's Plan:

After Laura leaves, Rosie O Donell will play Ella, Paulette, and Brooke at the same time while Megan Mullally plays Viviene, Andy Kkarl is replaced by some fat guy off the street, and the production moves to the Helen Haye Theatre with the set only consisting of three chairs, a hair vanity, and a pink car.

jk

But seriously, I would kill to see megan mullally as Elle

gobybubble
#88TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 1:46pm

I could see Megan as more of a Paulette, Serena, or Vivienne. But thats just my opinion :)

Boq101
#89TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/14/07 at 2:00pm

I love Mullaly, but she would just look too old for the part.

carymetorent2
#90TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:35am

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/08/14/why-kristen-bell-isnt-doing-lost-update/

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#91TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:42am

from the article:
A role on Lost would boost her visibility with mainstream viewers, while a role on Broadway will only make her visible to those who are into that sort of thing.

I think I've just been insulted. :)

Although, I have never watched Veronica Mars, and I stopped watching Lost after season 1, so maybe getting those who are into 'that sort of thing' isn't such a bad thing.

LB525
#92TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:48am

That was incredibly anti-theatre. What do the 'TV Squad' people know about theatre goers? We're just known as "those who are into that sort of thing."

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#93TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:55am

yeah, that is quite rude. And plus, maybe she wants to do something that isn't compleatly mainstream.... oh, the horror! TV star to star in LB?

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#94TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 2:46pm

call me crazy...and i know there have been a lot of raven-symone jokes on these boards, but...
i think she would make a fabulous pilar TV star to star in LB? i know asmeret is a recent addition but i actually think raven could do the role some justice...

#95TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 3:07pm

If Kristen Bell is going to be Elle, I'll wait to see the show until February. She is one of my favorite actresses and Veronica Mars was a brilliant show.

MadProps86 Profile Photo
MadProps86
#96TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 3:26pm

I'd be really excited for Kristen Bell to step into Elle's shoes. I loved her in Veronica Mars and her work in Reefer Madness definitely shows she's got the chops to take over for Laura. Hopefully there'll be solid confirmation of whether there's any truth to it or not.

TheBlonde
#97TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 7:13pm

I'd like to preface this comment with how much I personally love Kristin Bell and I think she'd be a fantastic choice for the part when LBB leaves.

However... if you're doing it as a "stunt cast" and the point of stunt casting is to sell tickets to people who wouldn't have otherwise bought them... how effective would she be in that particular aspect? If they're looking for a real stunt cast, I'd imagine it would be someone else... but hey, what do I know. :p

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#98TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:05pm

"Britney Spears. Or Hulk Hogan's daughter."

Hee hee. Brooke Hogan.

"Bea Arthur."

That's hot.

"If Kristen turned down Lost, then I bet it's going to be her."

She'd be a crackhead to turn down Lost.

"I wish Kate Rockwell (Serious Sandy/ You're the One that I Want)would play Elle. She is amazing."

I really think one of the other Sandys, Kathleen will get
there first.

"And who is Nick playing? It better not be Warner. Richard H Blake is in that role and why should he be booted out for a no talent known for his marriage to a dumb ass?"

Ah, come on - Nick's good.

"A role on Lost would boost her visibility with mainstream viewers, while a role on Broadway will only make her visible to those who are into that sort of thing.

I think I've just been insulted. :)"

Wow, this Benanti thing is really taking off!

MadProps86 Profile Photo
MadProps86
#99TV star to star in LB?
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:05pm

I agree with you about stunt casting, but I kind of see this as something that Kristen Bell is genuinely interested in. She's done Broadway and off-Broadway before in three different shows, so to me it seems like she's a theatre actress that happened to make it big in TV/movies. I'd personally love to see someone who's actually had experience, even if they're not the big blockbuster name.

Videos