pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 40

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#975Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 4:09pm

I hope my opinion changes once this is released, but right now, I'm disappointed. I find the designs overall pretty weak, changes in the score unnecessary....pretty much everything I worried would happen with this Disney era. I had hope for this one, though. 

Maybe I'm biased. I truly found it to be one of the best animated films and Broadway shows Disney has ever done.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#976Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 5:18pm

huh I think her being an inventor is kind of clever. I guess in the 18th century in France if you were a woman, reading wasn't enough to make you smart, you also had to invent stuff.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#977Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 8:34pm

i just hope they keep the same musical compositions as the original animated version...especially the breathtakingly-stunning "transformation" and "the west wing" music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yiv38eYr5Y&list=PLA8VHLKYzqTsFjSPhBylFpDbGaRaz6aem&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkJzUxqciqk&list=PLA8VHLKYzqTsFjSPhBylFpDbGaRaz6aem&index=14

hork Profile Photo
hork
#978Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:38pm

So basically you all just want the animated movie remade shot for shot with live actors. Why not just ... watch the animated movie?

Also, this really should be in the Off Topic board.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#979Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:13am

gypsy101 said: "huh I think her being an inventor is kind of clever. I guess in the 18th century in France if you were a woman, reading wasn't enough to make you smart, you also had to invent stuff.

"

Agreed. Why all the dramatics from the Internet over this?

broadwayguy91
#980Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:25am

thank god Gaston doesn't look like a case of roid rage. I mean, in a cartoon, it's sorta endearing but live action would be an utter turn off.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#981Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/4/16 at 9:09am

hork said: "So basically you all just want the animated movie remade shot for shot with live actors. Why not just ... watch the animated movie?

Also, this really should be in the Off Topic board.
"

this 40-page thread should be moved to the off-topic board? why? most movie musicals are discussed on the main board.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#982Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/4/16 at 11:10am

I feel like people seem to be forgetting that the character designs in Beauty and the Beast- like most animation and certainly all of Disney's- had a great deal of caricature. And that what works for character design in a cartoon does not work in real life.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 11/4/16 at 11:10 AM

westendfanatic
#983Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/5/16 at 5:40pm

they really went to town when creating the beast reading this article about the film...

"Essentially, Stevens had to give two different performances — one neck-down and one neck-up. He acted out the movements of his character’s body in takes shot on the film’s sets, using stilts to enhance his height, and wearing a lycra body suit with tracking markers which would facilitate a CG rendering of the Beast’s torso and limbs. Then, at a later date, Stevens’ face was covered in ultraviolet makeup and actor replayed the scene seated in front of a bank of cameras. This footage which would then be used to create the Beast’s face, using the so-called “Direct Drive” process, a new technology developed by Digital Domain. There was the physical puppeteering and the facial stuff,” says Stevens. “Essentially, you go from these incredibly lavish, amazing, tangible practical sets on these stages at Shepperton [Studios] — and everything’s looking gorgeous and there’s me looking like a crash-test hippo on stilts — and you’ve got to do all that again, but you’re now essentially in Tron. I’m sat wearing a black t-shirt in a sort-of UV booth with 27 cameras. The whole thing felt very very magical in a way. It just felt like pure magic how they fused these two experiences together."

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#984Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/5/16 at 6:22pm

Given that Belle is now the inventor (which I don't mind), it would be nice to see a brief indication at the end of the movie that she keeps it up post-Beast redemption. The animated film trajectory is basically 'discontented dreamer' --> 'contented wife'.  That could be seen as a negative - she gives up her original dreams for a dude? - but it could also be interpreted (somewhat generously perhaps) as Belle growing up a bit, putting aside vague notions of adventure for a different kind of 'dream' that she honestly does want more by then (a la 'A Change In Me', or in fact 'It's A Wonderful Life'Beauty and the Beast. But if she's an inventor at the start, 'proactive inventor' --> 'contented wife' would be less palatable to today's audiences. If there's a "we're all human and happy now" montage at the end of the film, some quick shots of (say) some invention/s she's devised to help the castle's servants or kingdom's subjects do their work more easily would be a nice touch.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#985Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/5/16 at 7:28pm

i think my biggest issue with the photos is Emma's ballgown-look. The hair and dress look way too plain...I think they are going for a sleek 'elegent' look but there's just nothing magical about it. Maybe it will look / read better in the film.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#986Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/5/16 at 7:50pm

Dave28282 said: "ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: " Why is Plumette (who is played by a black actress) all white?"

Why is Cogsworth (who is played by a white actor) all brown?

Because wood is brown. And a porcelain dove is white.

And now, stop thinking in race and start living please

"

I know. I was being sarcastic.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#987Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 8:08am

FANtomFollies said: "i think my biggest issue with the photos is Emma's ballgown-look. The hair and dress look way too plain...I think they are going for a sleek 'elegent' look but there's just nothing magical about it. Maybe it will look / read better in the film."

According to this article, Emma had a say in dress: http://on.mtv.com/2feZJWH

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Movidude742 Profile Photo
Movidude742
#988Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 10:37am

I don't get the distain at this.  Why would anyone be surprised if the child of an inventor in that era also dabbled.  Even if he makes music boxes, she would be familiar with clockwork devices.  when I was a kid I helped my dad build model railroads and even in first grade or so was pretty handy and anticipating whet he needed next.

The one thing that concerns me is rumors that Gaston is more of a Tenor.  I can't imagine the role without a healthy dollop of basso profundo

FlySkyHigh
#989Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 12:29pm

Looks like Audra has a song at the beginning during the prologue. I'm excited!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/07/beauty-and-beast-songs-alan-menken

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#990Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 12:55pm

Thank GOODNESS. You don't just hire her and not use her incredible voice. Ecstatic!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

jimmycurry01
#991Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 1:38pm

Keep in mind folks, just because they choose to give a character a back story on set doesn't mean you will ever see it on screen. Some of this stuff just helps with character motivation.

We have no idea whether or not we will actually see or hear about Belle being an inventor.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#992Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 2:37pm

From the EW article:  Disney hasn’t announced it yet, but there’s going to be some wonderful singer on the end credits song.

This better be Celine Dion.

westendfanatic
#993Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 4:34pm

Tag said: "From the EW article:  Disney hasn’t announced it yet, but there’s going to be some wonderful singer on the end credits song.

This better be Celine Dion.
"

Audra McDonald is supposed to be singing a song in the beginning of the film during the prologue scene before they all get transformed into the enchanted objects, so i won't be the least bit surprised (and i hope it happens) that she will sing the title song at the end of the movie just like Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson did during the end credits of the 1991 animation. 

Josh Gad has revealed on his Facebook page that "Get ready for more treats over the coming months as we countdown to the release of #beautyandthebeast this coming Spring. In the meantime enjoy this first look at the Entertainment Weekly cover".

i hope it will be more images from the film or a little bit of footage from the movie AS WELL AS the movie's new official trailer coming up in late November. One can only hope (fingers crossed)...

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#994Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 4:48pm

^It won't be Audra, she isn't a name.

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#995Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 8:23pm

According to this, the trailer could be debuting next Monday... We shall see...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMecbs3AjJB/?taken-by=beautyandthebeast2017.disney

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#996Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/7/16 at 8:48pm

it just seems like it's taking forever for this movie to be released. Can it be March 17 already?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

westendfanatic
#997Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/8/16 at 11:07am

GreatBroadwayFan said: "According to this, the trailer could be debuting next Monday... We shall see...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMecbs3AjJB/?taken-by=beautyandthebeast2017.disney
"

People have been tweeting Jack Morrissey relating to information about the movie.

https://twitter.com/Jack_Morrissey

Send him a tweet just to be sure. He has answered a lot of people in the past about the movie.

westendfanatic
jonahke
#999Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/11/16 at 3:14am

That poster is just wow, so beautiful!

Videos