pixeltracker

SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring- Page 5

SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#100SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 5:22pm

I recently sat in the center mezz row B but luckily I was on the aisle but my partner and everyone in the row had the same complaint terribly tight seating, knees flush to the back of seats and everyone felt cramped...just saying Sutton Ross

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#101SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 5:27pm

Broadway baby 14
I never post anything but I have to respond after reading your comments about SR. I can tell you that SR is the funniest and most entertaining piece of musical theatre to come along in years. The energy and audience response was fantastic from the beginning and this musical has something for everyone. No one can predict what tourists will do, but as supporters of Broadway we need to be positive and remember that hits do happen, even at the St. James!

---
Ooooook, you join today to post that response HA!
We'll see what happens with rotten...SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#102SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 5:41pm

I'm 6'3 and have never had a problem at the St. James, in fact, it is one of my preferred theaters.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#103SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 5:46pm

^ I don't know how that's possible...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 12/21/14 at 05:46 PM

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#104SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 6:18pm

Question for the Something Rotten shill ... When you say . "The energy and audience response was fantastic from the beginning " ... what are you talking about? An insiders workshop response? How many people could have possibly seen it?

Up In One

BroadwayBaby14
#105SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 6:57pm

There is a short clip on YouTube which I saw live (Seattle) and was not an entire production - but - just that alone was good, really good. Seemed to stand out from any other musicals I have seen in the past few years. I can't wait to see the entire show at the St. James! Btw, I got seats in the orchestra for $15 but there were barely any online to choose from and it was one pm of the day they went on sale.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#106SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 7:15pm

Yes sad that they couldn't sell out such a small number of seats at $15.00 especially considering they held back half the house. That clip of the Seattle sneak peek was pulled for good reason - it wouldn't help sell $15 tickets.

Up In One

Showghost
#107SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 8:54pm

Has anyone ever been to a preview performance of a Broadway show? The front orchestra has to be held for production folk to sit out and watch the show for most performances during the preview period so they can hear the audience's reaction and make corrections to the show. You normally can't even get a balcony seat for $15, let alone mezzanine or rear orchestra, so how about we stop complaining about petty things and have a bit of faith in this entirely new, ORIGINAL musical?

Liza's Headband
#108SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 9:28pm

What reason is there to mandate having faith in this "entirely new, ORIGINAL musical" (no piece is authentically original)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#109SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 9:45pm

Show ghost, I don't buy your explanation. No production needs to hold back close to three hundred seats for production purposes for each preview. Plus, the seats needed would be scattered throughout the theater, not concentrated in the center orchestra. The producers generated lots of publicity, maybe, but in the end lost a lot of goodwill. Very shortsighted.

Updated On: 12/21/14 at 09:45 PM

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#110SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 9:52pm

Saw the workshop.
It's wonderful.
Buy your tickets, or don't.
Regardless, hooray for a new musical opening and let's all root for it.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#111SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/21/14 at 11:35pm

Those who saw the workshop is it closer in feel to Gentlemans Guide or Drowsey Chaperone?

Up In One

Noel&Cole
#112SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:02am

This just became a front runner for the Tony Award! Unless HAMILTON rushes in from the public. Then you could end up having an exciting race!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#113SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 2:11am

Lol... A show called FUN HOME is the front runner at this point for a best musical nomination but way early to start thinking about that and you're already giving Rotten the tony award. Did you see FH off-broadway Noel&Cole?

Noel&Cole
#114SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 9:03am

Robbie2--- I'm not giving it anything... just said it became the front runner. FUN HOME is wonderful... before the announcement of SOMETHING ROTTEN, I thought it was the front runner. It still could be. But FUN HOME is very dark and strange. (in a fabulous way) It's just harder to get that groundswell of support for something like that as opposed to a comedy. However you are most definitely right... it's to early to tell anything, I just think this shook things up.

Liza's Headband
#115SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 9:10am

Just because it's "completely original," which is not entirely true, SOMETHING ROTTEN! shouldn't get an automatic nod or consideration for awards. That's absolutely ridiculous. Did you think the same of FIRST DATE? Remember how terrible that show was? Just saying...

mamaleh
#116SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 9:21am

So glad my not-so-hot knees and I opted for side orch rather than the front mezz for this. I haven't sat in the upper regions of the St. James for a while, and I'd forgotten, in the interim, how downright painful those seats are for someone with torn knee muscles and other structural problems.

By the way, has anyone gotten his/her tickets via email yet? I'd neglected to ask when to expect them.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#117SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:12pm

SOMETHING ROTTEN is a big, splashy, musical comedy that's not really comparable to GENT'S GUIDE or DROWSY.

Liza's Headband, why do you say it's not completely original? It's not based on a book, movie, tv show, short story, accepted idea, biblical story, or whatever. All the music is original. It's not based on someone's life or on true events. It's a completely fictional, and brand new, story.

SOMETHING ROTTEN making the bold move to skip an out of town tryout based on the reception it received at its most recent workshop is telling. Therefore I think it's smart for the community to see it as a shake up. The show is really funny and clever and original and I look forward to it rolling into the city.

Updated On: 12/22/14 at 01:12 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#118SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:17pm

...was Drowsy NOT a big, splashy musical comedy?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#119SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:21pm

DROWSY had a cast of 15. SOMETHING ROTTEN boasted a cast more than double that. I suppose what I really meant is that all three of them are musical comedies, but that you just can't as easily compare ROTTEN to either of the others. I'd say it's more ALADDIN/BOOK OF MORMON in how "big" it feels. DROWSY was far more intimate.

Liza's Headband
#120SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:35pm

And your connection to the piece is what, exactly? Please. Full transparency.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#121SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:37pm

Don't have one. Only that I saw the workshop and loved it.

Liza's Headband
#122SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:51pm

The video from Seattle, which has now been taken down, indicates otherwise...

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#123SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:53pm

Indicates that it's not an original musical?

Liza's Headband
#124SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/22/14 at 1:58pm

...That it's good and funny.

Videos