pixeltracker

What do you think of Shoshana?- Page 5

What do you think of Shoshana?

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#100re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 4:29pm

as of right now, she still hasnt changed the notes.. its not just the note changing, its aboout being comfortable being that high in your chest voice.. i hate sitting in a theatre wondering if they will hit the notes which Idina made me think about, I dont have that problem with Shoshana.. its really a matter of opinion

Joshua488
#101re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 4:37pm

Sure, doing a show eight times a week can be difficult. But if you are using proper technique and all that good stuff, the quality of your voice should not be diminishing.

In regards to the thing about Shoshana smiling during "Defying Gravity": If you finally felt like you had some freedom in life, wouldn't you smile? Elphaba finally feels strong and powerful, so smiling is definitely a natural reaction to that.

Just because she's a wicked witch doesn't mean she can't have emotional layers to her.

claurena
#102make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 1:08am

You know what? I do NOT like Shoshana Bean as Elphaba. As much as I thought that her voice was great and her mastery of the role decent, she is simply not that hot. My sister and I both read the book, and it is clear that Elphaba is supposed to be hot, just green. Idina Menzel was hot. Shoshana is not.

Come on, now, even after Glinda's transformation she doesn't look that good. When is she going to be replaced? I want someone hot to join the cast. She doesn't deserve to make out with David Ayers.

#103make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 1:44am

they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

i think Sho is stunning.

Derech2
#104make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 2:52am

Wow, there certainly are a wide variety of opinions here ...

I've never seen the show, but have heard recordings of Bean, Thompson, Hilty, Bundy, and Espinosa. I'm really kind of confused at comments like Bobby's saying that Bean was off key. True, I like Idina's voice better than Shoshana's in the role, but I rather perplexed at the folks who seem to find her that horrible. I like Bean's voice and she seems to give a decent performance, vocally, I just wasn't completely blown away. I like her Wizard and I well enough, but her voice just doesn't seem to work out with Defying Gravity. I absolutely loved her No Good Deed however; I thought she sang with alot more emotion than Idina. Can't really comment on her acting skills, but from the recordings it didn't seem horrible.

As for Eden Espinosa, in my opinion she just can't belt. Her Wizard and I was halfway decent, but her Defying Gravity killed me, and her No Good Deed was really shaky. She sounds lovely in the gentle songs though, like For Good and As Long as You're Mine. And the Glinda (possibly Laura Bell Bundy?) I heard her paired with in Defying Gravity was horrible humor-wise. Ill-timed lines and a bit pathetic. Can't recall how she was vocally.

Don't get me started on Jennifer Laura Thompson ... I keel over laughing at all her lines in the opening sequence, Popular, and Defying Gravity. What incredibly timed humor, emotional believable acting, and a drop-dead gorgeous voice. I wish her contract was extended for about 5 more years. I liked her better than Chenoweth.

LOL All this and I've never seen the show.

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#105make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:11pm

I do believe Derech is my new best friend...

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#106make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:29pm

i've never seen her, i was lucky to catch Idina!

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#107make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:38pm

I've heard many recordings of each lady that has played Elphaba and I'm shocked and confused that no one is saying that Shoshana has the most vocal power in the role! She hits that F in DG for like 5 seconds and is just so strong in the role. Idina was really struggling towards the end of her run!

PJ
#108make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 7:22pm

I'll find out June 14th just how good or bad Ms. Bean is. Just purchsed my tickets this afternoon. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing Megan Hilty as Glinda.

As much as I'm anxiously awaiting Shoshana's performance, she's going to have to kick some serious ass to beat Idina in my mind.

BSoBW2
#109make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 7:47pm

Saycon

baby

Saycon

Shoshana was out when I went...but that's OK.

All I have to say is I went 4 times, each time Idina was there. I go once and Shoshana isn't there....

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#110make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 8:07pm

I'm seeing Shoshana in a few weeks...so I'll know then, but from clips I've heard she sounds like she has the singing part of the role down...

As for the comment about Elphaba being "hot" in the book, I'm not sure where you got that from. She was supposed to be skinny, tall, angular, and not particularly attractive. If I remember correctly, she had a long nose and rather pointy features. The only thing that they mentioned as pretty was her hair.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

BSoBW2
#111make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 8:18pm

Kimmy is right - she's ugly in the book...Why maybe shoshana is the closest to the book version (Idina - HOT HOT HOT, Ededn - meh, hot, Saycon - HOT) - this is based on Bway - overall I would say Stephanie is the least, umm, attractive...

After seeing Idina many times, but mainly Jan 2...I feel like she didn't do a great job on the CD...I mean on Jan 2 she was AMAZING...probably her best performance in the role!

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#112make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 9:05pm

I agree Bso...she was definitely on top of her game that last week...I saw her on the 4th and she blew me away.

And I agree with the hotness...Idina = magnet...Kimmy = small metal object.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#113make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 9:14pm

Jan 2 was so awesome. That last note of NGD is etched in my mind forever.

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#114make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 10:39pm

She sucks. She is no Britany.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

Derech2
#115make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 10:50pm

Mr. Turtle you need help. I'd be willing to pay for your phsyciatric bills.

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#116make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/19/05 at 12:54am

How odd...I violently disagree( An exaggeration-I am a peaceful person ) with some of the posts.
1) I Definitely think Eden is the hottest Elphaba. Idina is somewhat hot, Stephanie Block is beautiful, and Shoshana is attractive.
This is for Benzy92-I am going to try, if somewhat inarticulately, to explain why I like Shoshana's singing:
I have seen both Shoshana and Idina and I definitely, 100 % prefer Shoshana's singing. Her voice is amazing. I love that I don't hear straining every time she opens her mouth-and, like someone else said, I like not having to worry about whether or not she will hit the notes. I feel like she has more command/control over her voice and I appreciate that a pretty sound comes out. When Idina sings the big numbers in "Wicked" her voice never sounds..pleasing. I feel like she beats me over the head with the note( whether she hits it or not).

RE: Acting. I never felt like Idina did the best job acting in "Wicked" but I do think she is a better actor than Shoshana. IMO: the best actor I have seen amongst the 4 leads is JLT. She has impeccable comedic timing, in addition to a dramatic understanding which inevitably lends itself to the most fully realized character on the stage.

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray
Updated On: 3/19/05 at 12:54 AM

Ebonic_Singer
#117make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/19/05 at 1:04am

Shoshana has literally one of the best voices I've ever heard. I never get tired of it.

Derek
#118make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/19/05 at 1:13am

Ive heard recordings of shoshana, idina and eden. Eden has the most vocal power in my opinion, but is sometimes too sharp and too over the top. Idina originated it and made it her own. shoshana sounds wonderful and has more of a singing voice rather than a screaming. dont get me wrong, idina can give me serious "good" chills, but so can shoshana.

Ebonic_Singer
#119make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/19/05 at 1:18am

Whatyouown--what happened Jan 2nd?

BSoBW2
#120make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/19/05 at 1:22am

Eden hotter than Idina!?!?!?!

Yeah, OK....

(note the sarcasm in my words)

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#121make her hot before I vomit?
Posted: 3/19/05 at 1:41am

Sorry, what can I say? I am a straight girl, so perhaps you have better perspective?

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#122Lauren you are an IDIOT
Posted: 3/23/05 at 6:07pm

ugh you all make me SICK Updated On: 3/23/05 at 06:07 PM

Videos