LA Wicked sit down

neddyfrank2
#100re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:27pm

I really am glad that your BP is able to be raised by reading my posts, that says something about you.

How about I delete that post and make you happy okay? Updated On: 7/30/06 at 11:27 PM

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#101re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/31/06 at 3:48pm

Neddy...I am really glad you want to make me happy.

Take responsibility for your posts and stand behind them. That would make me happy.

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#102re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/31/06 at 4:44pm

Okay, so I've loved a ton of the people that have been in the show, but I'm sick of recycling them. NEW PEOPLE NEW PEOPLE!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#103re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/31/06 at 5:06pm

Simplejoys - I got a car :)

Ps- I'll pray for your bp haha

threatXthree
#104re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:29pm

I just recieved a brochure for season tickets to the Broadway/LA season with the extra of being able to purchase tickets to the LA production of Wicked. On February 9 performaces begin and (according the Broadway/LA website) opening night is February 21.

*ALSO (I don't know if this helps anything): All advertisement photos are of Eden and Megan in their respective roles. Now I dunno if this is preliminary advertising and they will change the pictures when they announce the cast but it seems to me that unless they want to confuse many of the patrons who will purchase season tickets with the added Wicked, they have cast Eden and Megan to open the production. This is my OPINION, I have no way of knowing what casting has officially decided on.

*EDIT: Thank you broadwaybelter for the grammar mistake. Updated On: 8/10/06 at 07:29 PM

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#105re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:47pm

casted is again not a word

broadwayxminixidina Profile Photo
broadwayxminixidina
#106re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:48pm

Sorry for being EXTREMELY out of it, but is the WICKED sit-down gonig to be at the Pantages? For sure?

"Broadway is a very special place, filled with very special people, people who can sing and dance, often at the same time! They are a different people, a multi-talented people, a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the luckiest people in...the world." --Spamalot
<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>
<< Me and Norbie. I look icky becuase I was FREAAAAKKKIIINNNGG out.

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#107re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:49pm

Yes.

broadwayxminixidina
#108re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:52pm

And do we know how long the run is gonig to be?

I love Kendra as Glinda and Logan Lipton as Boq. I didn't particularlly LOVE Eden as Elphaba the last time around. However, what is the most possible cast, do you think.

"Broadway is a very special place, filled with very special people, people who can sing and dance, often at the same time! They are a different people, a multi-talented people, a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the luckiest people in...the world." --Spamalot
<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#109re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:02pm

Its a sit-down, so it could last as long as it likes.

I have heard 2 years, but again, if it is successful, it would go longer.

broadwayxminixidina
#110re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:04pm

Thanks for being realllly helpful, JamesMacon. I have a totally off topic question for you, however. Have you ever ACTUALLY met Barrett?

<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#111re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:07pm

At stage door at Q.

broadwayxminixidina
#112re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:31pm

Wow. How was he? I think he is brilliant.

<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#113re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:35pm

You said it. Brilliant.

But really he is one of the coolest/sexiest/talented guys on Broadway.

But lets keep this post to LA Wicked.

broadwayxminixidina
#114re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:43pm

:) Did you see the touring cast of Wicked?

<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#115re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 9:29pm

No, I have only seen it on Broadway.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#116re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 9:49pm

I am of two minds on this...As a big fan of Eden's, I'm very excited. But I'm worried about LA losing a major venue for touring productions. On the other hand, the Orange County Performing Arts Center is hoping to expand its touring show offerings in 2008 so there may be quite a few shows which Angelenos will need to travel down to OC to see.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#117re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 10:26pm

BroadwayBaby.....Please....NOT the OC Perf. Arts Center! (Even though it is a much closer drive for me!) Have you ever sat in the second or third tier?!? It is a complete waste of a night of theater...even with powerful binocs, one is SOOO far above and far away from the stage. Just wait until the reviews come in from tonights opening. Defying gravity will be completely lost on 80% of the audience! I miss the theater in the ABC center!

Maefae
#118re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/9/06 at 10:33pm

My opinion is that it will most likely be Eden and Megan in the roles.. Of course, nothing's been officially announced, but they seem to be the logical choice.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard any more about who is replacing Eden? I know there's the rumor about Ana Gasteyer... I don't want to seem off topic, but I'd like to try and keep the discussion of Wicked rumors in just a couple threads instead of being irritating and creating a new one. :)
Updated On: 8/9/06 at 10:33 PM

threatXthree
#119re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/10/06 at 1:12am

The Wilshire Theatre would get a lot of the shows that would likely go to the Pantages. The last MAJOR tour to hit there was the 2004 tour of Urinetown. And since I am most likely sure that Wicked will run much longer than expected, the Wilshire will get a chance to gets some public use. Also the Ahmanson and Kodak(more likely the Ahmanson) would get more shows from Broadway.

BlueStarGirl
#120re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 8/10/06 at 2:23am

The two other theaters listed on the Broadway L.A. website are the Brentwood and Wadsworth. I'm pretty sure that the Nederlander organization's goal will be to keep shows in L.A. proper, though they might recruit another theater. It's nice to have Orange County and San Diego theaters scenes as alternatives, but I highly doubt either will be used as a replacement.

Both of the mentioned theaters are either part of UCLA or right next to it, specifics escape me and the website map is terrible. I don't know about the Wadsworth, but the Brentwood is TINY, smaller than a Broadway house and MUCH smaller than the Pantages. It doesn't seem to me suited to hosting musicals at all. But what did I know, I was convinced the Pantages would never take Wicked in the first place!

Videos