pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 58

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1425re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/24/09 at 4:09pm

Annaleigh? Back in Next To Normal?

I don't see that happening...

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#1426re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/24/09 at 4:17pm

Shut up Chicago Star. Just because Annaleigh is out of her current job doesn't mean she's coming to Next to Normal. Plus, a lot of your information that you've shared here (Shrek cast going on tour) has been wrong.

#1427re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/24/09 at 4:22pm

Oh come on, I was only joking. And the thing about the Shrek cast going on tour was only a rumor started by the Chicago Tribune, and therefore I posted on here.

Bee2
#1428re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/26/09 at 12:50pm

Went to see this on Tuesday the 20th of October and must say that I thought it was fantastic. Out of the 6 (!) shows we saw in Broadway that week (on a trip from London) it was definitely the best one, despite apprehensions that the material might be too distressing. So glad that I went to see it.

Kyle Dean Massey was on as Gabe, and I was wondering whether anyone knew if this was something that is going to be happening long term as my understanding was that he was just covering for Aaron whilst he was off? Is it Wicked he is normally in and how long is he contracted to Wicked for?

mina3
#1429re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/26/09 at 1:03pm

Bee2 - Kyle Dean has been temporarily covering while Aaron is missing several shows a week to film Gossip Girl. Aaron's commitment to the tv show is up soon - next week, I believe. He will be playing Gabe full time and Kyle Dean will, I presume, return to Wicked. I don't know how long he is attached to Wicked, but from what I know, their ensemble contracts generally start at six months.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

TJ2
#1430re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:22pm

Kyle is on again tonight.

Trina55
#1431re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/26/09 at 10:11pm

"I was just listening to my cast album when I heard Alice sing something about the devil you know. Did anyone else's ears perk up at the Sideshow reference? I know it's a common phrase, but just like Stephanie's "no good deed goes unpunished" in 9 to 5, I had to laugh."

YES and YES! Don't know if either was intentional (kind of assumed Stephanie's was / Alice's wasn't), but loved both of those!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1432re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/26/09 at 10:16pm

The 9to5 line was SOMEWHAT intentional. It was originally Megan's line but they asked Dolly if they could switch because of the Wicked reference.

Wayman_Wong
#1433re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/28/09 at 12:43pm

Anyone else going to the 'On Stage With Next to Normal' event tonight (Wed., Oct. 28 ) at 7 p.m. at the 92nd Street Y - Tribeca, 200 Hudson St.? Members of the cast and creative team will be there, and a new song suggested by Twitter users will be debuted. Tickets are $10 apiece, but I hear it's 99% soldout. I bought 3 tickets for friends, but they can't go; if you're interested in them, PM me ASAP. Thanks!
New 'Next to Normal' song debuts

Bee2
#1434re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/30/09 at 4:44am

Did anyone go to the Twitter song preview? Interested to hear about what happened. And also if there is any footage online anywhere?

GabeDiDanNatalie Profile Photo
GabeDiDanNatalie
#1435re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/30/09 at 7:58pm

Me too!! And is the song going to ever make it into the show? With 37 songs, it seems crowded enough as it is.

I love the whole idea behind writing a new song from Twitter. I would have thought Broadway World TV would have produced something on it....

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1436re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/30/09 at 8:41pm

It's not going into the show, but it will be on an EP that will also include some cut songs.

wishiwerehere2
#1437re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 8:07am

Quick question...does anyone know if Mary Mossberg ever went on for Diana at Arena Stage?

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#1438re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 1:35pm

I believe she went on once or twice.

heo1128
#1439re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 2:52pm

"It's not going into the show, but it will be on an EP that will also include some cut songs."

Source?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1440re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 4:31pm

It was mentioned at the event.

heo1128
#1441re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 7:19pm

Ah ok, thanks. That's exciting news!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1442re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 7:55pm

Anyone know why Mary Mossberg didn't continue with N2N and why Jessica Phillips did the off bway run but not the out of town run?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1443re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 7:59pm

None of the understudies at 2nd Stage continued at Arena. All of the understudies from Arena moved to Broadway except Mary Mossberg. That doesn't answer your question though. I'm curious about it too.

trombonist
#1444re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/1/09 at 8:34pm

When I ran into Mary at a NYMF event, she was talking with someone else about it and said something like it was too hard to just sit backstage all the time and not have anything to do. Which I guess kind of makes sense, especially if you like to actually DO something.

Having seen her in "Max Understood" and having heard from a friend who saw her in "Miss Saigon" out on Long Island this summer, I wish she had stayed on, though I can understand why being "just" an understudy (not looking down on understudies by any means, but if that's your only job in the show I can see how it would get old really quick if you like to do stuff) might not be what she wants to do. This way she's free to pursue other options.

Jess03187 Profile Photo
Jess03187
#1445re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/2/09 at 7:17pm

How has the Lotto been? Is it still as crazy as the rush was? I am thinking about going on Saturday to try even though thats probably the worst time to attempt it.

RemarkableTimes
#1446re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/2/09 at 8:18pm

During the week, lotto hasn't been too crowded. There have still been pretty good crowds on the weekends when I have either gone to lotto or walked past.

Mattbrain
#1447re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/4/09 at 1:53pm

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Normal-Brian-Yorkey/dp/1559363703/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257360760&sr=1-1

I just found out they're publishing the libretto.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#1448re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/4/09 at 2:33pm

thanks Mattbrain! I just pre-ordered it

GabeDiDanNatalie Profile Photo
GabeDiDanNatalie
#1449re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/9/09 at 11:48am

Saw the show again last night for the 7th (!!) time. Got my ticket on TDF and since I was a single (none of my friends are as obsessed as I am), I was in Row B on the right side of the orchestra.

So much of the best action happens on that side, so it was almost like seeing a whole new show. Meghann Fahey was on as Natalie-I have to say that she is completely on point on all counts (acting, singing, having innate confidence). She got a much deserved huge ovation at the end of the show. I think she has a huge career ahead of her.

And once when Adam spit in her face while singing, she flinched for a second, smiled slightly at him...and carried on....

Videos