pixeltracker

Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30- Page 6

Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30

practically_perfect Profile Photo
practically_perfect
#125re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:10pm

I would love to see a holiday BATB, and I think Disney would love all the money they would get from it! I really hope they come through with it though, instead of giving us a TLM or Tarzan-esque production

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#126re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:39pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I say the next Disney musical will probably be Finding Nemo, considering they're doing a very successful production in Disney World. Two of Disney's best selling movies on Broadway? = $$$

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

LoveIsCompany
#127re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:07pm

Fosse - They were going to initially take it to Broadway. I have/had many friends involved in the Nemo production, and many local actors were told that if they did six months in Orlando as a sort of "out of town tryout" the show would transfer up here. Obviously this didn't happen, and struck a bad chord with many. I for a while was considering going down there myself, but due to another project, opted out. Obviously this didn't happen, and struck a bad chord with many.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#127re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:50pm

I can say with absolute certainty that they never considered Finding Nemo for a transfer. Aladdin was (and still is) a far more likely candidate.

LoveIsCompany
#128re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/1/09 at 10:01pm

Considering I relocated with the understanding that it WOULD transfer... I'll leave it at that. Trust me, you'll see with Beauty & The Beast that I know what I'm talking about. It'll be great though with all that they're planning!

And there are talks of both Hunchback and Aladdin, no longer Nemo as I said earlier. It's a dead fish (pun intended).

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#129re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:33pm

I've heard about Hunchback (which is my favorite Disney piece btw), and I've heard Aladdin too. THANK GOD they wouldn't do Nemo-I hated that movie anyway!

I'm crossing my fingers for Hunchback.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

Fosse76
#130re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/2/09 at 11:22am

"I can say with absolute certainty that they never considered Finding Nemo for a transfer."

As can I. That show is barely a half-hour in length, and was/is no way ready for a Broadway transfer. I think it may have been more like wishful thinking on the parts of the cast and crew that it would transfer, but Disney itself had no intention to do so.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#131re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/2/09 at 1:30pm

The "Nemo" show in WDW is excellent !!!! That being said, just because of the score, would love to see "Hunchback", which I think was the best show that they have done at Disney so far.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#132re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/2/09 at 2:25pm

I hope they do HUNCHBACK. I love the score. And I could just imagine how great the scenery and everything could be...unless they hire whoever did the scenery for TLM again.

AndAllThatJazz22
#133re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/2/09 at 2:28pm

The scenery for TLM is very difficult to produce on stage, the scenery for Hunchback is not. It's pretty clean cut. You would have to be retarded to mess it up. I doubt disney would bring Hunchback, it's not a big enough name.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

gypsy4
#134re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/2/09 at 10:00pm

I saw this coming!

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#135re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/2/09 at 10:42pm

^^^^^^

Was it in dream?
Was it scary?
Did something have to die?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

LoveIsCompany
#136re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:07am

Gah sorry! Originally Nemo was going to be a longer version, rehearse it as such, but then when they struck the idea of it going to Broadway (I can't remember the exact reason we were given at the moment), they changed it to the readers digest version of Nemo. So yes, they weren't going to transfer the final product of that show, but at one point they were of the fully crafted show. It was pretty spectacular, I will say that!

gypsy4
#137re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/3/09 at 9:13am

I hope Thomas Schumacher learned a big lesson I was thrilled when I heard of the project but they got the wrong production team. I saw MP on Tuesday and the house was filled I'd hate for that show to close.

arabella Profile Photo
arabella
adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#139re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/3/09 at 4:47pm

Originally Nemo was going to be a longer version, rehearse it as such, but then when they struck the idea of it going to Broadway (I can't remember the exact reason we were given at the moment), they changed it to the readers digest version of Nemo.

No, it never was. Bobby Lopez and his wife were hired to create a 30 minute abridged version of the show specifically for The Animal Kingdom. There was never, ever any talk of creating a full musical version of the show (the costs of which, would be astronomical).

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#140re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/3/09 at 11:21pm

Am I the only one who wants a Fat Black muse from "Hercules" to brace the Broadway stage? I see it working more than Hunchback.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

brandontwin2 Profile Photo
brandontwin2
#141re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/3/09 at 11:39pm

Ooooh Hercules would be great!

bwaylvsong
#142re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/4/09 at 10:37am

I'd love a historically correct version of Pocahontas! The visuals and score would be amazing!

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#143re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/4/09 at 1:06pm

I'd love a historically correct version of Pocahontas! The visuals and score would be amazing!

Nah, I say keep it historically inaccurate (even though most history already is) and change the title to "The Legend of Pocahontas" ..otherwise, you have to take out half the songs and some of the main characters like Grandmother Willow.

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#144re: Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID To Close On Broadway 8/30
Posted: 7/4/09 at 11:23pm

Let the spirits of the earth guide you! :O

Videos