pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 61

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

kellymarie465 Profile Photo
kellymarie465
#1500re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/13/10 at 9:15pm

steven22, who is Sarah? When did she join? And i'm assuming Michael is Michael Berry?!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1501re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/13/10 at 9:23pm

Sarah Uriarte (sp?) Berry

She is Michael Berry's real life wife and is temporary replacing Jessica Phillips while she on vacation

kellymarie465
#1502re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/13/10 at 9:27pm

oh, that's so adorable that they (hopefully) get to work together soon! Cool :)
Updated On: 2/13/10 at 09:27 PM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1503re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/13/10 at 9:30pm

There is no scheduled date.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1504re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/14/10 at 2:50am

Seeing how actors (like in any job) only get a certain number of sick days.....I won't be SHOCKED if this doesn't happen. But it certainly would be sweet if it did for the actors involved. (And I won't be shocked if it DOES happen, either.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#1505re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 1:39pm

I saw the show on Sunday night. I've been wanting to see this show for awhile, but never got around to it. Alice Ripley was great. She definitely owns the role and gives a strong performance. Michael Berry was on as Dan and Tim Young was on as Henry. Both understudies did a terrific job. I can't compare them to anyone since this was my first time seeing the show, but I enjoyed their performances. I really have no complaints since every cast member did a stellar job.

I really liked the three-leveled set and the music. It's definitely unique. While I appreciate the serious nature of the storyline, I was not deeply affected by it. I think I was expecting something more (not sure what exactly) since I've heard so much about how this show is an emotional roller coaster. Although, there were many people in the audience who were sniffling and crying throughout the entire second act. Regardless, I really liked the show. I would love to go back to see J.Robert and Adam in their roles sometime.

At the stage door, I was able to meet Michael and Tim. They both took time to sign and take pics for the 20 people who were waiting. Alice didn't come out, but a lady that works at the theater brought out autographed playbills for everyone that was waiting for her. Overall, it was a great night. I highly suggest that everyone see this show.
Updated On: 2/23/10 at 01:39 PM

tamra2
#1506re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 1:46pm

i saw michael and sarah go on together friday night (the 19th) it was cute

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1507re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 3:05pm

singalonsong2,

Glad you enjoyed it. The 4th time I saw N2N I saw Dan as the doctors and he did fine with acting but the singing was exactly great. N2N is one of my favorite show right now! Jessica Phillips will be during Alice's vacation in mid march. I'm going to try and see her when she's on (JP).

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1508re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 3:30pm

How do we find out when Alice is going on vacation? I just checked the website and it makes sense that this info would not be on the site since it would not help the box office. I'm trying to organize another group visit to the booth and for the first timers, I would want them to go when Alice is not scheduled to be out. I've seen Alice every one of the times I've gone (9) so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jessica or Sarah. For the people in the group though who are likely to only go one time though, I'd want them to see the TONY winning performance.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Updated On: 2/23/10 at 03:30 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1509re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 4:01pm

I facebooked messaged Jessica Phillips and ask when she is going on....she said during Alice Ripley's vacation March 15-21

dave1606
#1510re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 4:20pm

Thought you guys might enjoy this. Saw tom kitt at joes pub last night and he ended his show with the original ending of Next to Normal Off-Broadway!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSQ_B8Vj5KI

enjoy.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1511re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 4:43pm

Amy Spanger was there too..too bad she didnt sing anything from N2N...

hunter foster =LUV!! Profile Photo
hunter foster =LUV!!
#1512re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 6:26pm

EEEP! I'm seeing N2N this weekend!!!!! Does anyone know what my chances of seeing Adam as Henry are cuz I WILL CRY IF I CAN'T SEE HIM! sorry...i love Adam...

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1513re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 6:31pm

Adam has the best attendance of anyone in the cast. I think he's only missed three shows. In other news, Mackenzie Mauzy has apparently joined the cast as a Natalie standby. I don't know if Meghann has left or is on vacation.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#1514re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 6:42pm

She's on vacation.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#1515re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 6:48pm

If Meaghan left I hope it was to move on to some new show or a new project. She is extremly talented and was an amazing Natalie. She is also very sweet when I meet her. Although I have never heard her, Mackenzie Mauzy has a very different look than the other girls that have played the role.

kellymarie465
#1516re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 6:51pm

Aww, I'd love to see Mackenzie go on! She's really great.

How long do the actors go on vacation for? A week or so?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1517re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 6:55pm

I'd imagine Michael Berry's vacation is in the near future too. When I saw the show in November Joe Cassidy was listed as the second u/s for Dan and Drs. Maybe he will take over if Michael goes on vacation.

hunter foster =LUV!! Profile Photo
hunter foster =LUV!!
#1518re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 7:34pm

Thanks! I'm sooo excited! I am totally gonna stage door afterward

dramamama611
#1519re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 8:07pm

I thought that I heard Megan was leaving the show because she got a national tour? Anyone?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#1520re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 8:27pm

She told me herself like last week or the week before that she wasn't leaving the show anytime soon.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1521re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 9:23pm

has anyone been on broadway.com today?

The Kyle Dean Massey video blog isn't working...for me...its not letting me access it. It says I have to log in. Anyone else have the same problem?

FeelingElectric2 Profile Photo
FeelingElectric2
#1522re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/23/10 at 9:53pm

Nope. Worked fine for me. How about trying a different browser?

dramamama611
#1523re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 12:12pm

Thanks for the info! (I guess I find it curious that Allie Trimm auditioned for a temporary role.)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1524re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 12:27pm

Trimm is what, 16? And she reads even younger. I don't think she'd be a credible Natalie (plus, she's not exactly much of an actress).

Videos