pixeltracker

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol- Page 7

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#150re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 4:44pm

I couldn't believe Simon said "astonishing". I wonder if his performance came off even better live than on tv?

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#151re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 4:45pm

Who does everyone think is going to win?

I do NOT want Carrie to win...

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#152re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 4:48pm

probably Constantine .... i wish scott (evil shrek) savol would go away

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#153re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 4:51pm

Constantine has been absolutely amazing the last two performances. He was just, well, ASTONISHING.

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#154re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 11:01pm

I agree on Scott. Somethings just need to die...and his stint on AI is one of them. I was so hoping that day would be today, but I guess not.
Constantine surprised me last night. That song holds some happy memories for me, and I was waiting for him ti butcher it. Not so.
Fabulous.

jezzebelle
#155re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 12:01am

Constantine was not one of my favorite Roger's. I didn't believe at all that he was in love with Mimi or filled with inner torment. The note he hit at the end of "Your Eyes," which is supposed to be this quietly depersate, "Mimi !", was so ridiculously loud that I think Mimi came back from near death to tell him to shut the hell up.

That being said, he's a lot better on AI and his performance last night of "Bohemian Rhapsody", was one of the best in the compietion thus far, imo.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#156re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 12:31am

HA HA!Jeez- I could just picture it! "SHut it, Roger! I'm trying to die!" - Mimi

jezzebelle
#157re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 12:39am

Seriously ! That boy was obnoxious.

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#159re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:10am

Scott survives the cut again! I just don't understand it. He has an mediocre voice, no stage presence or charisma and is conceited-remember his comment after Simon's analysis?

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#160re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:32am

albin- I remember him saying something to the effect of "I'm the real 'rocker'", (refering to Bo and Constantine) during the interview before he sang and then after the critique Simon gave he said like "look at me, I'm doing something other people wouldnot have tried to do." (Those aren't exact quotes...I can't actually remember word for word what he said.) Does someone know what his actual quotes were?

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#161re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:25pm

I thought Constantine was amazing on tuesday night! WOW! I had it taped and I had to rewind it and watch it again. I think he can win this, but if I were him, I wouldn't want to win it because this is American Idol and he's a rocker, if I were him I wouldn't want to be known as an American Idol, but thats just me. Anyway, I think it will be him, Carrie and Vonzel at the end, they are the best.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#162re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:27pm

I hope the top three are: ( i haven't decided who I want to win)

Vonzell
Anwar
Constantine

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#163re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:07pm

NO, not ANWAR!

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#164re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:14pm

I have to agree that constantine was great on tuesday. Was anyone shocked that bo was in the bottom two last night?

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

PJ
#165re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:29pm

I personally wasn't shocked to see Bo in the Bottom Three last evening. Like Nadia, he started out quite strong and is now beginning to lose momentum. When you start on top, there's no where else to go but down. Besides, all his performances are all very similar.

Constantine and Carrie will probably end up duking it out over the top prize.

And as for Vonzell: Am I the only one who thinks she's seems a bit too naive for all of this? There's just something about her that strikes me as childish--not in an annoying way, but just inexperienced, perhaps.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#166re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:59pm

I've got to agree on Constantine. When he first auditioned and Ryan Seacrest ran to his apartment to watch him tell his band members about it, I thought he was a conceited jerk with probably minimal talent. However, he has been in top form the past few weeks. I blogged about his showtune performance (http://www.sodapopculture.com/reviews/idols.htm), and that was the night that really won me over. He may be getting a lot of votes from girls who think he's cute, but he passes the ultimate test of who I think should win: would I shell out the money to buy his album or see him in concert? Yes.

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#167re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/14/05 at 11:23pm

*sigh* ahhh, Constantine. Love him, LOVE him! he was really incredible the other night and he totally won me over. my mom has also been following the show and she's crazy for him, too. hehehe.

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#168re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:00pm

OMG, I just downloaded ANother Day sung by Constantine and Rebecca Jones. I thought they were both horrible, Rebecca expecially, she is singing so weird, sounds nothing like Mimi should sound. I'm so glad I never saw them in RENT, I would have been really disapointed. I people I saw were amazing, maybe it sounds better live?

SOrry that was a bit off topic, but ya Constantine is doing really well in American Idol

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#169re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/20/05 at 10:35am

I missed last night's show.... how did Constantine do?

GirlfriendFromCanada
#170re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/20/05 at 10:57am

He sang "Nights on Broadway" by the Bee Gees, and actually did pretty well with it. He missed the mark on a couple of notes, but I really liked hearing his voice singing one of my all-time favorite songs (no joke). Plus, again, his presence was amazing. He had some eyeliner on, did some dance moves, had the white 70's blazer on. He rocked it. I liked it a lot. He didn't get as great remarks from the judges this time around, but he still did a good job.

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#171re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:17am

I agree Scott needs to go, when he said teh whole "well I'm here and there are alot of people at home who didn't have the nerve to do this" I was just like "gone"

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#172re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:36pm

the dude's a punk.

Mimi Imfurst
#173re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 7 American Idol
Posted: 4/20/05 at 6:01pm

i wish i had a tape of constantine doing hedwig. he was so frickin' damn good.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#174re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 6 American Idol
Posted: 4/21/05 at 10:04am

Constantine is in the top 6 yay.

However, Anwar should sta yand Scott and Anthony should have left first

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

Videos