News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MissMonika

MissMonika Profile Photo
Member Name: MissMonika
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Living and loving in SoCal. Currently a filipina college student and I'm loving the college life. I live my life for the Lord of all, and love my family and friends.

I fell in love with Broadway musicals in High School. I love Wicked and I'm also a huge Renthead. Les Miserables is my favorite show and Lea Salonga is my favorite actress. I also love Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp.

I wanna live life to its fullest, with no regrets.

"What's wrong with falling down? You can always stand up again."

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'...On Stage?!?!
 Mar 10 2006, 04:25:49 PM
As much as I love this movie, I say NO to this!! No, please!
re: Guilty Pleasures
 Feb 28 2006, 08:25:02 PM
Oh goodness, here I go. Yes, I own...

The Pokemon Movie Soundtrack (Don't ask me why I have this)
Cats (even though I hated the actual stage production, I like some of the songs)
Cinderella (I'm still trying to figure out why the Prince is filipino but the Queen is black and the King is white. Scratches head)

re: IT COULD HAVE SAVED THE FILM!!! (Rent Alternate Ending)
 Feb 27 2006, 02:48:14 PM
The madness! Stop the madness! Hehehe

Personally, I really like the alternate ending BUT am really happy they didn't put it in the movie. For me, the alternate ending was kind of dragged out way too long since they are just standing on stage. When my brother saw it, he said, "Ok, are they going to stop singing now?" Then he got really confused when Angel came out to join them on stage and I had to explain to him that's what they do on the

re: Choose Your Three Favorite Composers!
 Feb 26 2006, 10:13:20 PM
George Gerswhin
Stephen Sondheim
Jonathan Larson

re: Currently Listening to?
 Feb 26 2006, 09:50:18 PM
Finale B - RENT
re: Train Wrecks You Wish You'd Seen
 Feb 26 2006, 07:16:39 PM
Me too, for In My Life and Carrie.
re: Once is Enough
 Feb 26 2006, 07:00:53 PM
I'm adding CATS to my list. Sorry, it's just way too weird for me. I like some of the songs but I left the theater thinking, "What just happened?"
Once *Isn't* Enough
 Feb 26 2006, 06:57:51 PM
Mine are...

Rent
Wicked (Yes, I love this show!)
Chicago
Phantom of the Opera
Miss Saigon
Les Miserables

re: Once is Enough
 Feb 26 2006, 02:32:32 AM
For me, it was Hairspray. It was enjoyable and cute at times but I'm fine with only seeing it once.
re: Anthony Rapp SF Signing - VERY DETAILED
 Feb 26 2006, 02:27:11 AM
Wow, props to you for a very well written and detailed account!
re: Daphne Rubin-Vega Myspace
 Feb 25 2006, 02:03:52 PM
Wow, everyone and their mom is getting a myspace. So far, 3 of the Rent OBC each have one.
re: Worst Show Poster
 Feb 25 2006, 02:02:30 PM
AMEN. That DVD cover is one of the ugliest I've ever seen.

I so agree!! I hate the DVD cover. They should have done something like they did for the movie poster or on the OBC recording, where they were in boxes. The rainbow thing isn't working for me, either.

re: Worst Show Poster
 Feb 25 2006, 01:18:41 AM
I don't remember if I posted in here or not but I have to agree that the Rent poster is flippin hideous. As much as I love that show, I can't stand that poster. It looks like Barney threw up all over it.
re: Anthony Rapp signing tour
 Feb 23 2006, 09:58:04 PM
As long as it's not sandwhiches with Mark heads on them, you're good.
abe vigoda as tarzan?!?!?
 Feb 23 2006, 09:56:47 PM
that picture's frightening
re: The OFFICIAL Rent on DVD Thread
 Feb 22 2006, 12:54:54 AM
I love the commentary, especially when Adam and Anthony are talking about their hair. Hehehe.

While I love "Halloween," I agree with some people that the film worked without it. It wasn't really a vital piece. But I really wished the rest of "Goodbye Love" was left in. I feel like the film really needed it since it showed more dynamics to Roger/Mark's friendship.

I like the alternate ending, but am happy that the other ending is i

re: Miss Saigon Video Question
 Feb 21 2006, 03:56:50 PM
Ah, the wonders of YouTube. Hehehe

I love Lea. She's so awesome.

re: Currently Listening to?
 Feb 19 2006, 04:17:10 PM
Another Day - Rent
re: RENT DVD - A Review
 Feb 19 2006, 02:41:16 PM
Lol! "Happy Kwanza crackers!" Oh my, that's awesome.

I'm so excited for the DVD. You guys are lucky that you got it early. Still waiting for Tuesday so I can go get it at Costco.

re: OMG Les Miz Will Return to Broadway
 Feb 17 2006, 11:35:44 AM
I'm so excited for this! I've never seen Les Mis on stage and I've always wanted to. I love the OBCR and I also have the Dream Concert. Yea, it would be hard for Lea Salonga to be Eponine since she is pregnant. Despite all the negativity over it coming back, I don't care, I'm super excited!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You